Memories Of Betrayal

Aaron's POV

My Jaw dropped when mom said that. What she said was true bu-but how is it possible? And then suddenly, in the fraction of a second everything came back to me. The time Abi and I spent in Amanda's house, she spoke non stop about all the 'unusual' stuff that happened the few days before the accident.

Forgetting the party arrangements, and not being organized and then the small accident which happened the day of Abi's birthday. Abi said that she remembered mom getting banged slightly on her causing her skin to peel of! Of course, that was a layer of heavy makeup that got cut. It might even be a prosthetic skin but... what does that have to do with Rose? The lady imitating mom and staying at our house. Vicious Little Bitch!

I was so caught in my thoughts that I didn't even realize abi was hurting from where I held her arm securely, worried that the lady, whom I think is mom, was gonna hurt my baby sister. I let go of my grip only when abi whimpered and looked at me almost in tears.

My head was hurting so bad as it is because of all the questions I was forced to answer by the police and the media people, they are complete idiots. I was asked almost 15 times if I 'kidnapped the lady'. That is so dumb! Do I look like a criminal? But I guess it is tough to judge people.

Brandon was a murderer, a rapist! Yet he was well behaved and polite with everyone. He looked like the type of guy who wouldn't even be a criminal in anyone's dream but he yet turned out to be one. And my baby sister became his victim.

Sometimes I wonder if I would turn out like him. Afterall... I was his son. Mitchelle had already proved that she was 'Brandon's daughter' by spying on us and... making a complete fool out of me. Well, I am at fault too... I shouldn't have trusted and fall in love with a girl who came and asked me for a sip of water.

What can I say! She was so seductive. She held my hand for an entire 30 seconds after finishing my bottle of water. Then two days later, I still couldn't take her out of my mind, and then like it was the Universe's plan, she arrived at my hospital, and i-well I volunteered to treat her.

It was a case of an 'abusive boyfriend' and I wanted to notify the cops but she pleaded not to. She had an inch-long gash on her hand from where her 'boyfriend' threw a bottle of beer at her out of anger. I felt so sorry for her.

Before leaving, she put up a drama of speaking her entire life story. How she was treated like diet all her life but now that I know her, the only thing I could say was she was a damn good liar.

Right now, that mom is right in front of me, I don't know if I should even believe that Mitchelle spent many years in an orphanage while I lived a happy life with my mom and dad and... Abi. Rose said that after I and Abi rescued her from Brandon. After all its rose, I am sure it was a lie that Mitchelle was in an orphanage.

I so badly wanted to hear mom's tale. I was so worried about her! I mean I didn't know that she was mom but now that I know, I am worried. Poor mom, where was she all this while. Who helped her all this while? How did she end up in the mental hospital?

Then suddenly the doctor in charge of mom came and shooed us away, telling us that she shouldn't strain herself. I decided to go home and confront that witch staying in our house, posing as mom and that's what I did. I was in the elevator to the basement when I remembered about Abi.

I was too angry with Rose that I didn't take her with me and now that uncle Caleb has woken up. Oh yeah, you didn't know. He just got up from his coma, the court ordered for Abi to be released from the tracking device but not without putting all our phones on surveillance. Just so that we couldn't help abi escape.

I didn't want her alone up there. So I went all the way down and went up once again to floor 21 where mom was kept. It was a private ward and was expensive to stay in but ado peaceful.

I came up to find Abi sitting next to mom as she slept. Abi had her fingers wrapped around Momshands. It was a cute sight and the fact that mom is safe here, it just made me happy.

Abi got up the minute she saw me and I noticed that the ugly tracking device on her right angle was taken. She hesitantly got up and left with me, I guess she didn't want mom to be left alone because of the fear of losing her again.

The ride to our parent's home was a very cheerful one and even though I told Abi why we were going there, Abi kept on chattering the entire way only stopping once in a while when her throat became dry. After a sip or two of cold water, she continued, and even though I wanted to tell her to shut the f up, I couldn't.

I was happy to see her cheerful. Imagine how dad's reaction would be... he would be just as happy as we are or maybe even more than in us. She was his first and only love... well except Mitchelle and... Tose. Aahana is Rose's and Dad's daughter.

And... as I imagined, it wasn't our mom who cheated with Madon, it was Rose! But I'm sure mom and dad would be on good terms.

A little while later, I pulled up into my driveway. My plan was gonna work because I heard that Uncle Caleb's waking up was told only to me. I was expected to break the news to everyone.

Getting out of the car, I opened the door and my little sister. Abi sprang from her seat and me and she walked hand in hand to the house. Ringing the bell, I pulled Abi into a side hug, just in case the lady I called my aunt decided to say something... heart-wrenching to poor Abi.

My little sister has gone through a lot. A lot! but never once did she cry her eyes out for it but after what rose said earlier when I and Amanda brought her home from Nevada, Abi was left heartbroken.

She even asked me if I would hate her a while later as mom did- well like rose did.. Like I ever would! She is my life. She's a part of me!

A few moments later dad opened the door. Abi and dad hugged each other for a while until Rose came. 'What are you doing here? Oh jeez! I thought only Abi was the spoilt brat but you?! You kidnapped a lady! Aaron. I can't believe I've raised two little devils', she dared to say.

Just wait till she gets taken behind bars! I would make sure she'll spend her entire life in prison.

'Well, actually I came here to tell you that Uncle Caleb just woke up from the coma and he's gonna release the name of the person who shot him this evening. And... Isabella wanted you and dad to be there. You know just for moral support', I said.

'I can't wait till Abi is proved innocent. You know mom, the police spoke to me, telling me that if it gets proved that Abi shot him, she would serve prison for 20 years starting at the age 18... and if it wasn't her and an adult, probably 25 to 30 years... without bail', I added.

I wanted Rose to... get scared!

Abi grinned at me when Rose turned her back at me, saying something incoherent.