Sleepless days

Andrew's POV

It was difficult to concentrate on anything other than the fact that Abi might never wake up again... and that there were chances she might not lead a normal life If she wakes up....

When finally I and Aaron were allowed to see her yesterday... it was the worst site ever... she looked so miserable..and so pale.. she had almost 7 IV lines.. even in her feet...and she was hooked to a ventilator...her head and neck was stabilized in a machine and her arms were covered in bandages and... there were almost 20 tubes in her.. which connected to the various machines around her...and all of them were creating that beeping noise.. which really irritated me..!

She looked so small and helpless covered in the blanket... I sat by her holding her little hand and gently stroking it... I prayed to god to let her eyes open.. but it didnt happen...and Aaron was leaning beside her and whispering stuff into her ears...he had a few tears down his cheek.. Aaron was the most affected one....he was always there for her from the time I left our house.... he took care of her like his own kid....and Abi trusted Aaron more than anyone else in the whole world..which made me feel bad.. like.. I've failed as a father..!!

For the few days after Abi was shot...there were loads of the dumb media guys outside Caleb's house.. everytime we came out of the house those dumba**es always flooded us with questions.. they never think of how we would feel when they asked stupid stuff.. like "what is the proof that Abi was kidnapped by Brandon??".... so we decided to go back to our house and hopefully those guys do not come behind us...!!

After so many sleepless nights.. one day we were called to the police station to witness the confession of Brandon and his mates....I havent meet him face to face in almost 6 years.. he looked almost the same..and when questions were asked.. he replied that he didn't regret what he did to Abi.. it made my blood boil... I barged into the interrogation room and punched him almost 3 times before the cops pulled me away... that guy deserved to be prosecuted... publically...!! In fact I would kill him with my own hands... and trust me Aaron would love to cut him into tiny little pieces and throw it to on the road to be stamped and be to eaten by the stray dogs...!!

Brandon and his mates refused to confess.. but after 1st degree torture for almost 4 hours they finally confessed... to tell the truth me and Aaron actually enjoyed seeing them getting them beat, hung upside down and water boarded...if I were a cop.. i would do one more thing...cut their d**ks off...but even then it would be nothing compared to what they did to my daughter....!!

They also told the whole story of how they managed to kidnap Abi...That bastard Brandon joined Abigail's school as a janitor...and always kept a eye on Abi... when he found her alone in the parking lot... he took the opportunity and called his friends to kidnap her...!! Then like an innocent person gave his statement to the police that he was busy with his work and didn't notice anything..!!

After many sessions in the court finally....All four were sentenced to death.. I actually felt bad for the people who were given death sentence.. but after what Brandon and his guys did to her.. I was more than happy with their prosecution... but... the date was to be fixed after Abi regains consciousness..until then they would be in prison.. don't even ask why...!!

1 ½ months passed by.. but ...Abi showed no signs of improvement and..every single day was spent by crying and pouring our hearts out.... seeing the little girl..who showed no signs of waking up was too much to go through... Aaron and I spent  1 hour each day with Abi...she didnt even move muscle.. we both used to sit next to her.. and cry to her to open her eyes... she never did.........!!

Every book and corner of our house reminded us of her...and the days went by extremely slowly...and it felt like forever.... and soon Christmas and New year skipped by.... those were the worst time ever..everyone looked happy with their families...and lifts and trees decorated every house... while our little kid was battling for her life...I used to wake up in the middle of the night and scream to god asking what did she do that was so bad.. that she was treated like this...

One thing I was grateful for.. was that  our family was so supportive.. Caleb and his family... my brother and sister's family and even Mitchelle's family visited us every day.. and really supported us !!

But Soon.. I totally lost trust in her waking up...Until.. one day.. on 28th Feburary...she moved her mouth...unfortunately neither ne or Aaron were there with her...and the doctors told that it might be an involuntary reflex action... but still...a  ray of hope came in me.. !!

1 week later..she opened her eyes slightly.. this time I and Aaron were right next to her... we both were the happiest guys on earth....
Something told us that she would be fine...and just as we thought.. 2 days later she opened her eyes.. completely..!! But couldn't speak  cause she was still hooked up to the ventilator...!! We used to sit beside her and speak to her.. but her face was expressionless.. all she did was stare back..I sometimes wondered if she was able to hear us or not !!

And.. she was still really weak.. not strong enough to even move her fingers...but gradually...she improved...and one fine day after almost 73 days on the ventilator.. she was finally strong enough to breath on her own....and she was removed from the ventilator...!!

After adjusting to breath without a ventilator... what she said really shook us and the doctors...the first thing she asked was -
"WHO ARE YOU ??"

Hey guys..!!
I hope you're glad that Abi woke up again.. but obviously I think you all are disappointed that she asked "who are you" !!

Anyways... comment your thoughts and opinions as usual !!

And yes.. I changed the name and the cover of this book..!!
Because I wasn't really thinking when I named it first..!!