What actually happened

Aaron's POV

I woke up to see dad next to me.. he looked happy..well..sort of.!! I was groggy and my body hurted like hell. But the only thing that concerned me was Abi.. After being told that Abi was doing well I found myself relaxing and then going back to sleep...!!

Next time when I woke up I was in the ICU.. obviously..I lack a kidney..this time I was all alone.. i guess dad was with Abi..and then after a glance at the clock.. I drifted off to sleep...AGAIN...!!

Andrew's POV

Both of Abi's transplants went fine..she was stable enough now.. but not out of danger..!! I sincerely hope that it changes soon. Aaron was doing well according to the doctor. He was in the ICU for observation. I was really proud of him.. donating a kidney to a dying sister is like.. a really "courageous" thing to do..!!

After having a glance at Abi when she was being wheeled out of the theatre, I went to Aaron's room and found him sleeping really peacefully. Both my kids look so cute while sleeping.. I definitely accept that.

After having a long chat with both  my kid's doctor's, I went to Caleb's home. After making my way up to the guestroom,my eyes caught the sight of the note that Abi wrote. The one before she got kidnapped, and I thought of a plan to make it up to her.. how about a welcome back cheese themed party... it maybe.. an ice cream themed party...nah.. she loves both ice cream and chesse.. so why not both..!! And then I remebered her cardiologist saying that she would have to avoid cheese..  for a long long time... and then I realized I would have to tell the "cheese queen" that she coudn't have chesse... !!

I shuddered at the thought of her expression.. it would definitely not be pretty..!! I made a mental note of an unicorn themed ice cream party before I drifted off to sleep..i was so scared about how the transplant would end that I coudn't sleep at all... well maybe I am exaggerating... I slept.. but for a few hours...!!

I woke up when I felt a little and light body jumping up and down on my stomach.. I murmured a few curses but the jumping wouldn't stop.. when I finally opened my eyes wide enough to see who or what it was.. I was face to face with Kathy.. oh shit.. i just cursed at a 6 year old kid.. Caleb was definitely not gonna be happy when he hears about this..!

I grumbled and got up and that little girl gave me a hug and climbed on my shoulders.. and sat  on me with her legs tightly wrapped around my neck.. The first thing that I thought was Abi.. I remember when she was Kathy's age.. I carried her like that for about 2 hours.. we were having a walk along the beach when she got so tired of walking that I had to carry her all the way back to the resort..which was so far away!!

I think it was in Havana.. speaking of Havana, I remebered it was one of Abi's favourite songs.. I am definitely not a huge fan of Camila Cabello... but I guess Abi and ne are different in some ways..!

I must've  been thinking for a long time because Kathy pulled my hair...lightly.. and told me to go downstairs and that all are waiting to have dinner and I am being rude by coming late..!!

Trust me.. she is just like Abi.. the character.. the attitude.. and the sassines..!! She would grow up to be Abi's twin..!!

I made my way downstairs.. really slowly because I didnt want to drop Kathy and secondly because I was still sleepy..!! I found Caleb,Isabella,Matt,Aubrey waiting there..for me and Kathy !!

Isabella cooked "fettuccine alfredo" and "hot wings" and obviously we had drinks..!! It was sort of a tradition.. The entire huge family of ours  never had food without a drink...!!

As I was silently eating, thinking about my two kids.. Kathy said "uncle Andrew...what is the meaning of a "d*#k" and "f#*I off"
I literally spit out my food.. it sounded terrible coming out of a 6 year old kid.. everyone on the table gasped and before I could say anything.. Caleb bet me to it.. he asked her who told that and that little kid pointed a accusing finger at me..!! All I could do was whisper a sorry and continue eating..while Caleb glared at me like I committed a bloody murder..!!

I can't blame him.. it sounded awful and I would've smacked her on the mouth if she was my kid..!!

Speaking of kids..I went back to the hospital with Caleb to go  check on Aaron..on the way I was lectured by my "brother-in-law" on how I taught a 6 year old to swear...!! When we finally arrived at Aaron's room..Mitchelle was there too.. I totally forgot about Mitchelle.. I was so tied up in my life I forgot I had a "to-be daughter-in-law".. !!

Aaron and she were chatting happily and we joined them.. and soon enough we all were laughing and enjoying.. It was good to see Aaron coming up with the pain so well..!! He looked so cheerful.. and I was happy to have such a good, intelligent and brave kid as my Son.. and then there was Abi.. even after going through hell at such a young age.. she kept fighting... and is still fighting..!!

After 7 days of waiting.. Abi finally woke up..She looked so cute with her face puffed up and a light shade of red.. she was a bit weak... but could actually move her fingers and toes.. unlike before...!! Even Aaron came to meet her.. in a wheel chair.. wheeled by Mitchelle..!! Abi looked surprised to see her beloved brother in a wheelchair and was surprised when he said that "he gifted her a little something from his body"..!!

She was definitely surprised when she heard that she has a new heart and a new kidney.. her brother's kidney..she was glad that he donated her a kidney.. she gave him a adorable kiss.. dispite the fact that she coudn't get up.. I made sure to click a pic and post it in my Insta account...!!

Their bro-sis bond was just incredible..sometimes I found myself jealous.. just sometimes.. I knew that she loved me just as much she loved her brother..!!

After a few days.. suddenly she asked "where is doctor Rhodes?"
We were told to not question her about what happened because it might cause an outburst..!!

I told her that he was exchanged..  to which she asked "why??".. I carefully choose my words and told her that "he injected something bad to hurt you"...!!

She looked surprised.. she then said "he injected the medicine that the nurse.. her name was.. Clara..I think.. gave him.. he told that it was for my Blood pressure"
This time I was surprised.. I asked her if he swapped medicines... she told "she bought it aldready in the syringe.. he just injected me with it"....!!

And now it made sense... finally.. that nurse gave Rhodes a filled syringe.. he must've thought it was the BP medicine and injected it.. !! It also meant that he was innocent.. and that nurse was still in the hospital.. ready to kill Abi when she gets the chance..!!

Hi Guys!!

How was this chapter..?? I wanted to add a bit of laughter because lately the book has been "sort of sad"..!!

Well.. do comment below if you like it..and ideas for the next chapter's are always welcome !!