Lie

Abigail's POV

RIPD- Rohanne's institute for the psychologically damaged, the wikipedia page showed. 'World's most terrifying serial killers and murderers have  been sent here to be sanded down and shaped into a normal human being.'

Built in 1967, the institute consists of 5 wards spread around 15 acres of land. According to the few people that made it out of there, it is said that Ward-5 is a house to kids who are psychologically damaged and mentally disabled'.

'Ward-4 is for the people who have depression, anxiety or suffered trauma, abuse and assault. Ward-3 is basically a counseling ward while ward 2 is for the elderly people who have gone insane'.

'And lastly ward-1, the most terrifying ward. It houses dangerous and criminal youth and as legend says, also has a high tech room equipped with torture devices to sqeeqe and shape a person's.

HOLY SHIT! No way am I gonna go there. What did I do? I just don't deserve this? How can uncle Caleb do this to me? All this because of the fact that I said that I would expose his affair?

And mom? How could she? How could she have an affair? How could she send me to a mental hospital where… She should belong? Yea, she belongs in a mental institution.

Looking out of the window, I saw uncle Caleb return from the hotel. Not wanting him to see me on his phone, I hurriedly threw the phone into his bag.

"Come on, Abii booked a room for us for the night", he said as he pulled out two bags from the back seat. I obeyed like a little dog and to be honest, I don't know why I am acting like this. Maybe it was because of the dream…

"Abi! Careful!", uncle shouted as he held me hand when I slipped on the wet floor in front of THE Hilton. The huge building looked so glamorous on the outside and I couldn't wait to go inside and take a nap, after all that's when I get all the dreams.

Getting the room key, I and uncle made our way to the elevator and got in. Uncle pressed floor 34 as I stood there looking at the beautiful reflection on the glass interior of the elevator.

'Why am I so calm', I thought. 'Am I seriously listening to a dream? But… all my dreams came true, so just maybe this one might too. But really, to an asylum?'

I swear I'll kill the person who hacked into my brain and gave me nightmares, if going to the institution was a bad idea. I mean… m9k is home. What else am I supposed to find out?

Think Abi Think, I thought as the elevator made its way up. 'Ahh', I let out a yelp when uncle held my wrist, being protectfull of me while we climbed out.

You see my entire body is covered in welts from the beating I got yesterday-today morning. As if the earlier bruises weren't enough, mom made sure Mason hit me everywhere possible.

Not even stopping when I cried out in pain and yelled at her to stop. I slept on the cold marble floor that night, crying and murmuring in agony and it was then when I got the dream.

"Do as you're told to do", a voice told me. Coarse and deep, it sounded like moms… but mom is right here. Right?

Somehow when I woke up again, I decided to follow the words that were told earlier but 10 minutes after I woke up, I went back on my words.

Mom took me downstairs where-where she told me to… hold-press Aahana's neck till she said so. No way! I might hate her but no way am I gonna hurt her. She's my own flesh and blood.

That moment, the only thing I felt was fear. Mom's eyes shot daggers into me but… Aahana's eyes looked curiously at me, her face had a small smile as she looked at me with her huge blue eyes.

I did my best to say no to mom. I even accepted getting whipped all over again but I just couldn't hurt her. Why does she want me to hurt her though? It's her daughter. Right?

10 minutes of refusing went by and suddenly, mom leapt on me and forced me wrap my hand around my little sister's neck and 'huuh', Aahan let out a noise and mom kept her hands on mine, wringing her neck.

15 seconds later Aahana had closed her eyes.

"If you tell anyone about this or anything which happens, I swear I'll make sure your life becomes miserable", Mom told me with a harsh grip on my face as Aahana was brought to the hospital.

As if my life wasn't miserable enough. I know it seems stupid but my instinct told me to follow what was told in the dream. I just hope it wasn't a stupid idea. What if I get kicked up in the institution for the rest of my life? No!

Uncle Caleb opened the door revealing a posh room with good lighting and a marble floor which shined in the dim light from the false ceiling. I immediately jumped onto the bed, as if I were on a vacation.

"Abi… if only you agreed to keep quiet about… you know what. None of this might have happened. I love you Abi and… I don't want to send you away. You still have time honey, I swear I'll break up with Veronica and I am sure your mom will do the same. Please… just say that you won't tell on us", Uncle Caleb looked at me pleading.

"Really", I asked. I was scared. I am not a psychopath. What will everyone say about me?

"Okay…", I said after giving it a second thought.

Hey guys,

I know this chapter is a bit... boring. So please do forgive me.

Hope you liked thsi chapter.

Stay Safe
XOXO