Hatred

Aaron gave Zac a fist bump when he arrived with his dad and mom for Abi's birthday party. The two boys were really good friends even though they have around 10 years of an age difference.

It wasn't a huge surprise because the calm and cheerful elder brother can befriend anyone. Young or an adult, everyone favors Aaron for his kind and friendly personality.

His personality is something you hardly see in people in his condition.

Aaron welcomed all the guests politely and chatted with the elders and gave a piece of candy to all the little ones until it was time for the cake cutting.

It's totally impossible to cut the cake without the birthday girl. Right?

Aaron searched the ground floor of the house for Bi and when he couldn't find her, he made his way upstairs to her room.

He softly knocked on the door, not wanting to invade his little sister's privacy and when he got a muffled up reply, he opened the door to find his sister on her bed… crying.

Abi had tears flowing down her cheeks and her eyes were swollen and red because of all the crying she did.

Aaron felt confused about why his little sister was crying on her birthday instead of enjoying her party with her entire family and mom. Her mom's presence was what she wanted and she got it. So why is she freaking crying?!

Aaron sat by Abi and wrapped his arms around her in the hopes of comforting her and he did. Abi felt herself melting in the safe arms of her elder brother.

She still couldn't believe that 'it' happened. How could 'she' say that to her? What was her fault? Did she do something wrong?

With tears still rolling down her cheeks, Abi replied to Aarons's question. He wanted to know right away why his little sister was crying.

"I don't know Aaron. I think it's because mom came back home again. I am just so happy and thrilled… and confused at the same time but don't worry, these are definitely happy tears", Abi lied smoothly.

The truth was that Aubrey and she had a huge fight which ended up with Abi getting heartbroken. What Aubrey told was true but so… unreal. Does nobody love me?, Abi thought as she cried.

Abi walked hand in hand with Aaron, downstairs to her birthday party but found everyone occupied with taking pictures of Aahana. That little bitch!

Abi felt anger take over her as nobody even noticed her. She felt like wringing the neck of the little demon, Aahana. She fucking saved that infant and in return, she found herself invisible.

Aston, the protective elder brother, noticed his little sister's angry red face and exclaimed " Guys, the birthday girl is here. Glorious as ever" and thankfully everyone finally turned around and saw Abi.

Abi smiled at everyone as they wished her and gave her presents. She respectfully thanked everyone for their lovely wishes and gifts and soon, it was time for the cake cutting.

The red velvet cheesecake was brought in by Andrew and following him was Adeline, who had little Aahana in a hand and a knife in another.

Carefully placing Aahana on a seat, Adeline handed over the plastic knife to Abi. She took the knife gracefully and cut a chunk of the cake as everyone sang the old Happy birthday song.

Much to people's dismay, instead of giving a bite of the cake to her parents first, she gave the first bite to Aaron. The next bite was taken by Andrew even though the only thing Abi wanted a few days ago was to feed her mom first.

Aaron looked curiously at his sister as she took the piece of cake to her mom and… instead of feeding her it, she placed it on her hand and walked away not even bothering to see if she ate it.

Even though it looked weird to Aaron and Andrew, the other people didn't pay any attention to the… weird happening.

The party went on like a normal one. Everyone had dinner in the huge backyard, their spoons scraping the plates and cups, wanting to eat up every bit of the delicious food presented.

Even Abi and Aubrey acted normal as if nothing happened between them and chatted like they normally did. They even played a prank on the guests by throwing a rubber snake where everyone was gathered.

Little did everyone know that Abi was plotting. Plotting revenge. Huge revenge that three people will pay for. She made up her mind that they'd pay for everything they did to her.

Abi turned beet red in anger when in a corner of the garden, she spotted Zac and Aubrey. They both were so close and Zac had his hands on Aubrey. On her legs and Abi, couldn't let out the thought that what Aubrey said earlier was true.

Abi was removed from her thoughts when she was told to hand over desserts to the people who haven't had it yet. There were 7 bowls and she served all 6 of them before carrying the seventh bowl upstairs.

No, she wasn't gonna eat it.

She made her way upstairs to her room and locked the door shut. Then opening a drawer, she pulled out a key. A key to a small safe in which she kept all her… prank stuff.

Opening a small bottle that contained a brown powder, she emptied half of it onto the bowl of vanilla ice cream and made her way downstairs, acting as if nothing happened.

She went straight to Aubrey, interrupting the sweet moment between her bf and cousin. Aubrey immediately refused the bowl of ice cream but after noticing and smelling the beautiful layer of chocolate on the top, she dived in.

A few minutes later, she jumped up holding her stomach and ran into the house. Abi grinned and thought 'wow, I don't know the laxatives would work so fast…'.

Abi sat with Zac and held his hands but the fact that he kept on turning around worried about Aubrey made Abi's blood boil. Did he really like her instead of me?

Of course, I am an ugly duckling. I have no curves and no shine on my face. Thanks to mom and dad. I lost so much weight, making me look like a dead rat. Why would anyone care about me?

No one ever cared about me. Mom only cared about Aahana. Dad cared about his reputation and social status leading me to get… abused and Aaron, he was the main reason I got kidnaped.

If only he picked me up on time. Is having sex with your girlfriend, who doesn't even truly love you, more important than your own sister. At least I could forgive Aaron. He was sincere in his apologies and… for now, he's the only person I love and trust.

Abi marched indoors and found her mom on the sofa with Aahana in her arms. She slowly rocked the little devil trying to get her to sleep and then Abi called out to her mom, Adeline shushed her.

That was it. It was Abi's last straw. In anger, she grabbed the nearest object, a vase and threw it onto the wall. The glass wall. Seconds later, there was a sound of glass shattering and people screaming.