A New Beginning

Abigail's POV

Well, I haven't been to school for the past month because dad told me not to. He said that I should, you know… get past mom's death and start school with a fresh mind but It won't happen. Ever. She was my Mom, I can't just forget her!

Today's the last day of September and I am gonna go back to school tomorrow. I can't believe it's been two weeks since mom died. I cry myself to sleep every day because of her absence.

I lay awake till late night crying. It really hurts to know that you are the reason your own mom died. It's almost as if I killed her.

On top of that, I am actually worried about going to school because the thought of being bullied by other kids about being a motherless child is too much to handle.

Literally, every single person in my school knows that my mom died as it was in the news. The thought of being bullied was the main reason why I couldn't sleep tonight.

Andrew's POV

I woke up at 6:30 in the morning. Went for a walk and came back home and got ready to go to work.

Well, you see I didn't get a job as a teacher and I didn't want to be a teacher… not that much. So instead I joined a hospital. It's the same one in which Aaron works.

I am a general surgeon and I feel a bit… something, because I literally work in my son's hospital. My son is the boss of me. How embarrassing is that?

I moved here last week from Washington and one thing I learned was both my Kids were heavy sleepers. Just like their mom.

Speaking of mom, I fucking miss Adeline a lot. She was the love of my life. She was the softest and loving person one could ever find. It was almost as if a huge part of my heart's been broken away and crushed.

I had crazy thoughts about life as I went upstairs to wake up Abi. I found her room to be empty, so I went to Aaron's room and found her sleeping on him. Like literally on him, it was a  really cute sight. The most perfect brother-sister bond I've ever seen.

I took a snap or two of their bond. She just looked so cute that I couldn't resist it. If only she would wake up that cutely.

After telling her to wake up almost 4 times and all she did was get down from her brother, I finally had to pull her over my shoulders and take her to the bathroom and then make her brush her teeth and then carry her downstairs for breakfast

I made bacon and toast and also heated up some pasta left from yesterday's dinner. She quickly gulped everything down and went upstairs to change her clothes. She eats so much and so freaking fast yet looks like a doll. So small and so irresistibly sweet.

She came back down after about 30 mins, ready in her uniform which is a white shirt, black skirt, and a black blazer. She looked so adorable. Like an anime character from a Japanese magazine.

Just as we were about to leave, Aaron came downstairs and told he would come along with me. The problem was he was in his pajamas and we were running late.

I am like the most punctual guy in the entire world and being late is like a sin to me. Particularly if it is my kids, they are sure to get a good spanking.

Aaron thought for a second and got into the car with his pajamas on. Abi let out a gasp as she saw her dear brother get in the front seat in his pajamas. Such a good example. Right ?

Aaron's POV

I came down just as dad and Abi were leaving and decided to tug along with them. Abigail's school was like 40 mins away. She studies in a well reputed private school and her school's owner is a friend of mine. In fact, he's my best friend.

We were friends from when I was in kindergarten. We went to the same school which then was run by his dad. We both were scared as shit of his dad. He was like the strictest person on earth.

Thankfully, he retired and his son, my friend runs the school. It's like a family business and my friend is doing a great job running it. He is not the least bit strict. Not at school not at home.

On our way, dad asked Abi why she slept with me yesterday night. She thought for a while about what lie to tell but just one look from me made her tell dad the truth.

"Umm… well, daddy, I couldn't sleep yesterday so I went down to watch TV for a while", she said scared.

She was interrupted when dad asked "what time". She thought for a second and said " around 2:30". His hands tightened over the steering wheel of the car but he told her to continue.

She continued "Well at around 3, the front door opened and in came Aaron. He looked tired and when he saw me awake and watching TV, he got angry and started yelling at me in a low voice as not to wake you up"

Dad then turned to me and said "You did a good job at that"

Abi then continued " I was really upset and angry that I screamed at him." Dad stopped her again and asked what she screamed at me.

She was almost at the verge of crying. She said, "I told him to stop barking like a bitch and leave me alone and go fuck Mitchelle".

Dad suddenly glared at her through the rearview mirror as she sunk into the seat. Poor baby is scared. Awww...

Dad nodded at her to continue and she did "Well then Aaron got angry and he pulled me upstairs to his room and made me sit in the bathroom. He then forced a bar of soap in my mouth and made me sit there for 10 whole  minutes"

Dad asked her if she learned her lesson to which she nodded yes. She then said "My mouth tasted horrible so Aaron gave me some milk to drink and after drinking, I guess I fell asleep"

Dad sort of calmed down, but I knew from frequent past experiences that Abi was definitely gonna get an ass whooping tonight. 100% sure of that.

Andrew's POV

"You're in so much trouble tonight!" That's all I could say. She really crossed a line this time.

She had tears running down her cheeks as she told dad "I'm sorry daddy" before wiping her tears.

Soon we arrived at her school and She then told us a sweet 'bye' and ran into her school. Probably to meet her amazing friends.

I was still mad at her. How can an 11-year-old stay awake till 4 in the morning? It's just wrong.

I drove home listening to songs on the radio. First 'A whole new world' from Aladdin played. Then 'Focus' by Ariana Grande and later 'Radioactive' and 'Demons' by Imagine Dragons.

The entire way home, I was drumming fingers on the steering wheel hoping that the song would calm me down. It actually did. In fact, it always does. I am a huge fan of music, so Is my entire family.

After reaching home Aaron had breakfast while I had my second cup of coffee. We spoke about a lot of stuff, well mostly about Abi. Then about work and about family stuff. Blah Blah Blah.

After deciding that I will be dealing with Abi tonight, I left for the hospital while Aaron stayed home. He was in the hospital almost the entire night so he took a day off.

He said he wanted some alone time and that he would also call Mitchelle over to hang out and watch Netflix but I knew what they were gonna do. Naughty Stuff.