The Boot

Aaron's POV

Abi sat by me, crying the entire day yesterday. With both her hands wrapped around either of my hands. She sat in Amanda's bedroom and cried her heart out. She had a good reason to cry! I would've cried if mom didn't let me inside my house thinking that I'd harm her.

Yesterday morning, after bringing Abi home under the condition that she'd be on house arrest until the case was solved, Mom was the reason to spoil our happiness. Yelling at the top of her lungs that she wouldn't have her daughter anywhere near her, I fought with mom for a long time before grabbing Abi's stuff and bringing them to Amanda's.

To be honest, I thought I would be able to make mom agree but alas, even the police guy couldn't. Even Amanda tried but mom was stubborn. She was furious at me for bringing abi here. 'Why did you bring this little 'devil' here? And who permitted you to let her out of the institution?', she asked me or more like screamed at me.

On the other hand, dad wasn't like that. They both yelled at each other for over 30 minutes on why Abi should be here and why shouldn't. At last, like every time, mom won. 'Andrew! Who knows, she must've caused you to slip. She must've pushed you-or-or she must've poured oil knowing that you'd come up the stairs', mom argued.

Thankfully Abi was in my car with Amanda when this argument broke up. She would ve been so hurt if she heard all the nonsense mom was talking. And I feel like mom crossed a limit calling dad-Andrew. She never did that... in front of us. It was always sweet names which sometimes makes us kids gag when we were younger.

Angry and upset, I remember calling mom a 'cold-blooded creature' before walking out shutting the door hard. Well if she doesn't want to let abi stay in the house, I won't too. I'll stay with Amanda. She has a 3 bedroom duplex. Abi could take one. I'm also ready to let her sleep with Amanda and me if Amanda agrees which I sure she would.

Amanda and abi were so close. Abi once said that Amanda was way cooler than Mitchelle who turned out to be a traitor. If abi calls a person she just met 'amazing', then the person's amazing. But then she doesn't remember it. Guess what, Abi and Amanda spent the long drive back home talking about me. All funny, stupid stories of mine were exposed by abi and Amanda acted as if she heard it the first time.

I remember Abi telling my girlfriend all the stories a long way back but the poor girl doesn't remember it. Right?

Arriving at Amanda's house, my first intention was to spend some time with abi and Amanda and then take my car to the service centre. It made these awful noises on the way to Cali from Nevada. Those service guys didn't do anything the last time I took my car for servicing, which was 2 weeks ago.

But unfortunately, Abi wasn't ready to let go of her dear brother-me. An entire day went by in Amanda's room. Whatever she did, she always had her hand wrapped around mine. She saw the TV, had her meals, and played UNO for a while just to change the atmosphere with her arms around mine, which were twice as large mine.

She even slept that way.

I felt like I was taken back in time. She used to do the same thing when younger. But back then her victim was Mom. I remember coming home once from school and seeing her on the kitchen counter, holding hands with mom as she cooked. It was a funny sight.

It is around 10 right now and Abi just woke up. Suddenly the house bell rang. Amanda got to the door and minutes of speaking later she came in with dad. Abi got up, running to dad. She so badly wanted to see him and it is obvious that he does too.

After a few seconds of sniffs and a few minutes of hugging, dad and Abi went hand in hand towards the living room and took a seat on the sofa, and for the first time in the last 26 hours did I get to spend some time alone with Amanda. But even that didn't last long. I had to go get my car checked out and have a few words with the service center's manager. What a nasty service!

So off I went. Giving Abi a peck and Dad a pat on his shoulder. Getting into my BMW, I drove off to the service centre a few miles away and to my surprise, I didn't hear the weird noise.

I even thought of returning home and spend some time with my family minus mom, but then I remembered that I had to get a side mirror fixed. I hit the letterbox with it while reversing and it broke.

A few minutes later I pulled into the garage. Talking with the-the- head, I found out that it would take a while to get a mirror for the model I have, but that he'd get it done. I had to sign a contract for it though and then I thought, I came so far, how about I get my car washed.

I give the keys to the guy and decided to wait there for a while until the car gets washed.

Taking out my phone, I thought of reading the news. The highlighted news was of the inmate's escape. She was branded 'very dangerous' although they didn't mention why. The more I saw that photo, the more I felt that she was familiar. Something told me that I knew that lady but at second thought, I think I feel that way because abi told me so.

Yesterday, on the way to Amanda's, Abi kept on insisting that mom is not mom. 'She is so different. Her actins are different. The way she talks is different', she said. I have a feeling she said that because she's angry with mom. Trust me, I am too.

With thoughts running through my mind, I decided to go check out Instagram but before I could do so, I heard the guy who was washing my car yell. A second later I saw him fall to the ground.

The boot of my car was slightly open. Not paying attention to that, I turned my attention to the guy. 'Girl' 'boot' he said before losing consciousness. a

By then the other people were there too. The manager hearing what I heard opened my boot completely, causing me to almost faint.

There was a girl there... well a woman. A blonde-haired girl!