Murder... Attempt!

Aaron's POV

Driving furiously to the police station, 188 miles away, my blood boiled in anger. How could she do that? It's her own uncle? And... where did she get the gun from in the first place?

Around 3½ hours ago, I and dad were sat together in dad's hospital room talking about Abi. A genius was definitely not needed to tell me that dad would be angry.

He roared in anger when I told him what happened. How Abi wrung an infant in an attempt to finish get forever, just because she didn't get enough attention.

Dad sat in front of me angry over the fact that we sent Abi away without his permission but her behavior was just not acceptable. She's definitely not the cute little girl I wished just a day ago.

As I was saying, in the middle of our 'heated' talk, dad's phone rang. It was mom. Much to dad's dismay, I answered the phone. he wasn't supposed to get up and strain himself. The first thing I heard was cries in the background although it wasn't mom.

In fact, mom was trying to calm the Cryer down. A moment passed with only cries audible. Then lastly mom paid the attention to the call and said "Aaron, come pick me up at Caleb's this instant. We have to go to Reno in Nevada this instant. I'll explain it later".

"And let your dad rest", mom said before the line got cut.

I am known to be a sorta calm person who always keeps his composure together but something felt so wrong. Abi and Uncle Caleb stayed the night in Reno. Abi was supposed to be admitted to the institution this morning.

Driving fast but safely, just as dad said, I reached Uncle Caleb's house at around 3 in the morning. The huge glasshouse stood gloriously shining in the light of the street light.

Driving into the driveway, the front door opened before I even rang the doorbell. Mom and aunt Isabella came out, aunt with her eyes swollen. But wasn't she supposed to be with uncle Caleb accompanying him?

"Is your fuel tank full", was what mom asked me, not even caring to explain the fucking hell was happening. Is Abi sick? Is uncle sick? Did they get into an accident? No... uncle called me after reaching the hotel.

Never mind. I nodded my head to mom who was getting into my car hurriedly with my aunt. What I didn't understand was, why? And... drive all the way to Reno? It's like 3 hours away but what choice did I really have.

"Take the NH 17, Aaron. Don't take the other highway, there's a traffic jam there", mom said as I reversed my magnificent BMW. My little baby runs so smoothly that it feels more like gliding in the air And less than driving on land.

'Would anyone tell me what happened', I yelled at mom. I need to know why we are going to Reno. This instant. I am not some doggy to take orders from... mom.

"Keep driving, Aaron. I'll tell you everything", mom said as I glared at her through the rear mirror.

"Okay okay. Turn on the news", mom said to me. I did as she was told but never in my life did I expect what I heard.

"12-year-old Abigail Kara Matthews has been suspected of shooting 42-year-old Caleb Matthews, who was accompanying his niece on a road trip to Nevada"

"An anonymous tip was given to the police saying that the girl was mentally unstable and was actually being taken to the famous RIPD here in Remo, Nevada"

"The 12-year-old was being sent to the mental institute after she nearly killed her younger newborn sister... just because she couldn't get enough attention from her parents- especially her mom who just returned home after being kidnapped a year ago"

"Police officials say that the duo were staying the night at The Hilton, where at around 2:30 there were shouts from the room according to the other guests. Then a few minutes later a gunshot was heard"

"When the police arrived at the scene, The father of 3, Caleb was lying unconscious taking a shot in the abdomen while Abigail was also knocked unconscious probably by Caleb in self-defense"

"Caleb was rushed to a hospital and is said to be in a critical condition whereas his shooter, Abi was given first aid and then taken to the police station where till now she hasn't woken up..."

"The police are carrying on their investigating at the crime scene but it is pretty obvious that the sweet little kid, who isn't at all sweet in the heart, was the shooter"

"The gun which was used,
belonged to Caleb and because and because of his carelessness, in keeping the gun within reach of a psychopath, the poor guy had to pray a hefty price"

"Hope he gets justice", the media lady spoke confidently standing in front of The Hilton.

NO WAY. ABI COULDN'T HAVE DONE THIS!

Hey guys,

I know that this chapter is really short and I apologize for it. I also know that I haven't been updating much lately and I sincerely apologize. I have been caught up with school assignment's and tests.

Haven't we all been?

Anyways, as usual please do comment down below what you think and... Is my writing getting worse by every chapter?

The book is still interesting. Right?

And lastly, I have a dream of publishing this book and... As you guys know most of the books are in 3rd person... Should I edit the entire book into third person. Because you see if I write it in 1st person, I would have to keep on changing POV's and... It won't be as good to read. What do you think?

Please do comment all your thoughts and stuff down and lastly, STAY SAFE.

XOXO