Recordings

Aaron's POV

My heart fluttered when Abi called me. Thank god, Adam worked at the institute, or else I would've never slept knowing that my little sister was all alone in that huge brick building or should I say... Dungeon. Afte r hours of research and calling people who knew about the institute, I realized that the place isn't kid-friendly at all.

In fact, after a long talk with adam, I found out that the only kids here are complete psychopaths who have murdered people, their parents for instance. The youngest being 14 because his parents refused to buy him an Xbox.

And that's not the worst part. Mom has forbidden me from going to see my little sister. 'Aaron, no. I said no! She might kill you.', was her reason for not letting me even meet her.

When I explained to mom that she wouldn't harm me if a lot of people were present, she just didn't let me. Why this mad woman thinks her daughter will kill her brother, I don't know but I do not like it. When I called up the institute just as dad said, mom interfered again and yelled 'no' much to the dismay of dad

He was dying to hear from Abi. At least I had some contact with her through adam but dad. He spent the last few days murmuring Abi's name again and again. He truly missed his little girl but he still hasn't accepted the fact that Abi is innocent and was framed by someone... my suspicions tell me that it was mom.

So does Amanda's. After seeing the hospital CCTV camera from when Abi was taken home by mason and mom, I took it into my head that they are behind this entire conspiracy. But the sad part is that Amanda didn't have any other lead. She told me that she checked our entire house for any leads when I and mom in Nevada but alas, couldn't find anything.

Yeah, she found two glass of wine and an empty wine bottle but it doesn't prove anything. It could've been dad with mom before he fell down the stairs. Butt Amanda insisted that it was mason but why would he be here. It's not like he's helping mom... or is he? There is no possible way of mom knowing him. Right?

I am just fed up with mom. She's just so bossy with me and dad. Yesterday she yelled at a 2-week old baby to keep quiet. Mom was not like this before everything happened. She used to be this quiet, calm, and collected lady who did meditation every morning to bring down those nerves. I guess people change over time.

I wish they don't. She is so irritating which makes my dad irritated, which in turn makes me irritated. Not wanting to look at both of them fighting every night at dinner and the first thing they wake up, I decided to spend my time with Amanda. I felt bad for aahana leaving her with that mad lady I call mom.

I love mom a lot but her behavior is unacceptable. If a person has a grudge against Abi, I have a grudge against him. I love Abii and I'm ready to keep her safe.

Staying with Amanda in her apartment every night, I was able to speak to Abi freely. Hearing my little sister's voice while my girlfriend sat next to me with her splendid fingers wrapped around mine calmed me down. I love that feeling.

After hours of talking, it was clear that Abi didn't like mom either. But all that she told me was from before the accident. She kept on talking about how mom was so forgetful and acting weird. She even remembered the accident which took place as we were returning home from the restaurant. Even I forgot about that. Afterall I ama busy guy.

The good news was that adam told me Abi was having those dreams again and according to him the dreams were really... interesting. I was also told about that blondie who kept her eyes on Abi from the day she arrived. My thought said to me that it was a lady hired to spy on Abi, why I don't know.

And the fact that I don't have my phone on me was frustrating. Dad wasn't willing to let me use his phone so I had no other choice but to use Abi's. Going through her phone to find out what was going on in her life, I came across her messages with zac. I love you's were very frequent and it made me gag. My little sister was growing up.

But to my immense surprise, there weren't any messages from zac from the moment he came to the party. He never messaged back even when Abi sent him like 20 messages asking if he was free. I guess Abi's the dominant type of girl. She can be bossy sometimes but what I can't understand is why he didn't message her back even once.

Just as I was checking her phone, reading her messages and stuff, the phone rang. It was Adam at 2 in the night. That's weird. I thought that the inmates were supposed to be bed by 10 then maybe he just wants to speak with me.

I answered the call with a 'hey, how are you' but I wasn't met with the same response. 'Aaron, the blondie who we were talking about, she escaped. And you know what, she snuck into my room and started talking. You know, I was in a deep dream right then and when I suddenly woke up, the lady was talking to me. She was continuing the dream. I mean when I woke up she continued the dream and then-and then I freaked out and yelled'.

'The guards came in but she ran out by then. Aaron, it was mom. It had to be mom.', she said trying to calm down her breathing and then the line went blank.

Amanda was right be me, confused about who would call so early. She asked me what happened but I couldn't say anything. 'I recorded the call', I told her before getting up and switching on the Tv. There wasn't anything about it on the tv but I was sure it was true but... mom? How could she be in Nevada? Isn't she here at home? I'm pretty sure Abi is mistaken.

Meanwhile, Amanda listened to the recording. 'Why didn't you tell me that you recorded all your calls?' she asked me. 'Well... I like to hear her voice. It soothes me down', I told her. It was the truth.

But for some unknown reason, Amanda wasn't paying any attention to me. 'You got this phone in your house. Right', she asked me and I nodded my head yes. Where else would I get it from?

'Aaron! I thought you got it from the hospital! See... Abi is very intelligent. She would've written or recorded something about what happened earlier from when she reached home that night', she spoke with her hands furiously scrolling down the recorded messages. I am pretty sure Abi wouldn't have done it.

I mean yeah, she is intelligent but not enough to think like this. Right?

I was proved wrong when Amanda let out a happy exclamation. 'I found it. I found it', she told me as she played the file.

'Aaron, mom is having an affair with Mason and I found out about it. She knew that I'd tell it to dad that's why she pushed daddy on the staircase. Then later I found uncle caleb has an affair with veronica in your hospital. When they both found me they brought me home and- and. Nevermind, I know hat you are thinking but I didn't hurt aahana. I was forced too. And... mason is a good guy. Mom is a demon. I'll send you a message on your phone. And sorry for breaking it', Abi's voice shivered in fear as she recorded this message.

Turning around I found out that Amanda had a hand to her mouth, probably not believing what was just said. Nor did i. Amanda suddenly got up, yelling at me to get ready. We are gonna get Abi out of there. I followed like a little puppy. All of this sounded like a dream.