Again

Aaron's POV

All that driving went in vain when I reached the police station after dropping mom and isabella at the hospital. on the way to Nevada, all I heard were aunt isabella's sobs. SNIF SNIF SNIF, she let out tears and cried and to be honest, I felt bad but why cry like a manic?

In the police station, around 10 news vans were surrounding the old victorian building which was painted in an ugly orange which looked more like dung. Getting into the building was a huge task because the moment my car drove in, all the crazy reporters swarmed around my door.

Why I don't know. Maybe it was because they thought Abi told me something about the murder attempt or maybe I knew something about what happened but... the answer is no. I don't know what happened and I am damn sure that Abi wasn't responsible for what happened.

Yeah, she indeed tried to hurt aahana, it was proven because the little hand marks could only belong to her but a full-grown adult? Her uncle? No way. Abi thinks twice before killing a bug. She once asked me to catch a little bug lying near her plate and go free it in the backyard.

The main reason is, why? Why would a just-turned-12-year-old kill her uncle? It's plain that she didn't do anything wrong. Abi's so weak! Its almost impossible and how exactly did she know how to fire a shot. It's not like she has ever held a gun before. Probably a toy gun. And what exactly was uncle doing then? Sleeping? And why did he have a gun?

Probably didn't want to get burgled, in a hotel. Yeah, NO WAY! If only I were able to speak to Abi and prove her innocent because she indeed is. That I can guarantee.

Two burly officers had to move the people off my car so I could get out of my car and enter the building. GOSH, is this how celebrities feel when they get down off a vehicle? Cruel people and... a very tough life to live.

Hurrying inside ignoring all the questions barked onto me, the door was closed behind me. AAH, peace at last. A minute layer the chief officer entered the room. The bald guy looked like he would need a shave. With not even a single hair on his shiny head, he did have a rouge-like beard and a small mustache.

He was a replica of Hercule Poirot, only with the beard. 'Are you the father of the girl', he asked me in a deep and clear voice but what mattered was, do I look that old? I'm 22 for Pete's sake. How could I be her dad! Why! I'm not even married yet! This Dumbo speaks complete mambo-jumbo!

'No, I'm her brother. Where is she? I want to see her', I said as clear as crystal but I guess I wasn't clear enough because he replied 'no, you can't' just as clear as I did.

'I wanna see her, now. Don't you know that having a minor in for interrogation without parental or a guardian's permission is against the law? Huh?', I threatened.

'Sir, please try to understand. You cant meat her now. We are in the middle of something', he spoke back, calmly looking straight at me. I guess he wasn't used to being spoken rudely by someone half his age.

He must've thought that by speaking calmly he would me down but no, not when my little sister is in the police station getting 'interrogated'. I swear if they frighten her, it would be the end of them.

'Okay, but I want to know whats going on here. Now.', I said giving in a little. I didn't want to show off my karate skills to the chief, he might be paralyzed for the rest of his life if I did and its the last thing everyone needs.

'Fine, can we talk in my office', he said and then added a 'sir'. 'Would you like to have something to drink? Eat?, he asked politely but continued when I replied no and told him to start speaking.

'Sir, actually when she woke up, she looked surprised to be here and when we asked her questions about what happened yesterday night, she kept quiet but after asking her several times, she broke down saying that she was the one who wrecked a-a hand dryer and it was an accident'

'And yeah, she was talking about you, playing a prank on her. I think she thought that this was a birthday prank. She was very surprised when we asked her why she shot her uncle and um- tried killing her little sister. She denied the fact that she had a sister and acted completely innocent when she heard about the shooting'

OH MY GOD. NO! She was hit! On the head! Didn't the news reporter say that she was found unconscious after being hit on the head by Uncle Caleb in self-defense? This can't be happening!

'I want to see her now' i said to him but he shook his head no. 'she is in the middle of a lie detector test and sorry, we didn't ask for permission, mister. But it was very important to conduct it. We had to know the truth'

'You don't understand. A hard injury to her head can cause paralysis and even death. She is not faking it. It is because of the hit to her head. She has lost her memory before. Please, you have to let me see her!', I pleadingly asked the officer who seemed deep in thought.

30 excruciating minutes later I was taken into a room where I thought Abi was but instead... I came face to face with a wall. A glass wall separated me and Abi. My sister got up, banging her hands on the wall she cried out 'Aaron, I don't know what's happening here. Please help me.'

'Running over to the glass, I kept my hands where her hands were on the other side and tried to comfort her. It took me around 20 minutes of calling her every single nickname in the most soothing matter to calm her down and making her sit down, although she didn't stop crying.

'Hey hey, look at me. Abi, hon you are going to be alright. Okay? I promise you that I'll get you out of here soon. But you have to answer a few questions first. Alright', I asked to which she nodded her head yes.

'Do you remember mom's death?', 'Wait! Mom died? No way!', she answered.

'Well, she didn't exactly die. You and I saved her from Brandon and grandpa and grandma. Remember?', I asked her in the hopes of her remembering something but she didn't. She asked me who was Brandon and I had to control my mouth from screaming 'the one who ruined your life'.

After 30 minutes or so of trying to tell her everything about what happened, I was told to leave. I didn't want to! My little sister would be all alone in a place. A dark and leaky cell but the officer assured me that it won't happen. Maybe they were letting her go... but NO.

'We have orders to send her to RIPD, here in Nevada. That's, where she's gonna, stay till.. Well till she accepts her crime'.