A Prick

Abigail's POV

Everything happened so fast. Aaron was talking to me a minute and the next' he was forcibly taken away and then another minute later, I was too. Thrown into the backseat of a police car and getting 'wear your seatbelt' barked at me, the car roared to life.

Dawn was breaking as the car speed towards the exit. There were so many vans, BBC, CNN, FOX News, Sky news. I had no idea why they were crowded here. Maybe a criminal was brought in... OH wait, I am the criminal.

That's what I was being accused of, trying to kill Uncle Caleb! Why would I do that? I have no clue what happened. According to Aaron I hit my head and lost complete memory of a complete year. He told me that mom dies in an accident, but then I found out that she was kidnapped by my uncle- Brandon, whom I have never even heard of.

And I almost forgot. Aaron told me that mom had a twin sister who was the one who died in the accident set up by Brandon and mom's parents. It's just too hard to believe and before I could ask more questions, those stupid cops pulled him out of the room.

I was left confused and angry. I wanted answers, more answers but no one would answer me. In fact that baldhead even smacked me right on the face and told me to keep quiet. Thankfully the other guy, the chief I guess stopped him before he laid another hand at me. How dare he?

If Aaron were there, he would've hung the guy upside down on the ceiling fan hanging in the middle of the room. But then again, he wasn't, and to be honest, the smack didn't hurt at all. I didn't even wince. Maybe what Aaron told me about me being kidnapped and 'hurt' was true but why I don't remember anything about it is something I cant understand.

Seriously how is it possible to lose memories of a whole year after banging your head? The only good thing that happened since I woke up was that I had a boyfriend. Zac, the coolest guy in middle school was apparently, my boyfriend. I've been crushing on him since forever and it comes true but I don't even remember it. Scary. Right?

Not in the mood to stay awake longer, I made myself comfortable. Although it was a very tough task because my hands were cuffed like a criminal. What would I have done if they weren't? Strangle both the cops in the front, like in the movie 'taken'?

I closed my eyes just for a minute or two when the car came to a halt. We were in front of a huge building with a high stone wall built all around it. Was it a prison? No way can they keep me here. Why, I don't even know what exactly I did wrong.

I sank back into the uncomfortable seat as the cop rolled down his window and handed over a file to the person standing out of the building. A security guard I suppose. After a few minutes of chatter, the huge gate creaked open. A huge green lawn spread out its trees high up in the sky let streaks of sun rays fall on the ground.

The cop in the passenger seat got up and opened the back door for me. With a tight grip on my forearm, he told me to get out. Rohhane's institute for the psychologically damaged, the huge shiny board read. Wait a minute, this is the countries most reputation asylum. What the hell are they bringing me here?

The other cop got out of his car and together they walked me into the building. The doors opened revealing a beautifully decorated reception area. Everything was so... neat and shiny. A lady stood behind the reception speaking on a phone but when she saw me walk in, she hung up.

'The doctor's ready for here, gentlemen. We'll take care of her from here. No visitors are allowed inside. We'll send you reports every once in a while', she spoke professionally.

'Okay, barbara. Thank you' the cop who drove spoke and handed her a key. Aah, finally able to free my hands. Gosh, it hurts like hell, I thought as I was lead through the corridors.

Barbara was replaced by another lady before she and a guy uncuffed me. Both of them held my hands as if I were a dangerous criminal as they lead me to God knows where.

A long walk in silence later, I found myself walking into a room. DR. mark was inscribed on a gold-colored metal on the door. An old-looking guy and a young guy with blonde hair stood in the middle of the room and then things happened fast.

I found myself lifted up in the air and they laid on a... bed? I felt a sharp prick on my arm and a second later I found darkness take over.

Oh boy!