Baby

Aaron's POV

After mom was wheeled away by the nurse, it was my time to tell my side of the story. Abi looked at me stunned. The little girl didn't know anything about the truth so far.

"Well... I didn't actually know about me being Aunt Caroline's kid or having a step-sister. In fact, I didn't know about anything till the day I heard Mitchelle speaking on the phone.", I said to the officer.

"Yeah, I did receive the message which said 'help me, your grandparents have kidnapped me' but I didn't take it seriously. I thought someone was messing with Abi so I deleted it."

"But, one day while Mitchelle was home, I heard her speaking to someone on her phone. Stuff like 'he doesn't know' 'he fucking thinks I love him', was said"

"This was right after Abi's kidnaping and I sort of got suspicious but I let it slide away. Months later, Abi started talking about Mom being alive and also once again, I heard her talking on her phone. This time she ended it with 'bye, Brandon'."

"That's when I realized that she was part of all this. I loved her so much but I couldn't destroy our family. That day onwards I never told her about my findings. I acted as if everything was alright but it wasn't. Not even a bit."

"I tried my best to keep her away from our house but Abi and Dad liked her too, and they always invited her with open hands. One night, while in a bar, I met Amanda. She was simple yet elegant. We started chatting then eventually started dating."

"I shared everything about our family and also let her help when she said that she was a private detective. Little by little I found out about all the secrets."

"When I found out in mom's death certificate that she was intoxicated before dying, my suspicions rose. I was surprised at how dad didn't notice it. Even Abi did."

"Slowly, I found out about Aunt caroline. She was raped by Brandon and her baby supposedly died when she committed suicide."

"Through Abi's dream, I had a thought that it was Aunt Caroline who actually died that day in the accident instead of mom. I mean they were twins so… it's a huge task to find a difference between them"

"Through bits and pieces, I finally got an idea. Mitchell was Aunt Caroline's daughter and she wants revenge because mom, who helped Caroline, had to send her to an orphanage but... That was only half true."

"Brandon and grandpa want revenge on mom and dad because they helped Aunt caroline and also handed over Brandon to the cops when he raped Abi"

" Through some friends of her, Amanda managed to find out that Brandon had actually bribed the jail officials to let him escape and then create a tale of him committing suicide"

"To get more information, she had guys keep an eye on grandpa and grandma's house because they were the main suspects. One day, Brandon showed up on their door and that moment onwards he too was being watched closely"

"the most important thing was that Amanda's people managed to stick a tiny microphone to Brandon's shirt and that's how we came to know that mom was alive"

"We heard mom's pleas and Brandon, grandpa and a few guys voice... and also someone familiar to me but I couldn't  figure out who it was"

"I didn't tell dad about any of my findings because… I just don't know. He was so as about mom's death but when Abi said that She might be alive, he didn't show any expression. He just shut her up instead"

"It was like he knew that mom was alive but he didn't want Abi to find out about. Anyways, I also didn't want to stress dad out and I felt against confronting him about the matter. Something told me it was supposed to be a secret and also a really delicate matter and him disappearing a lot at night was also suspicious. To me at least"

"A few days later, a car left out from the house at around midnight and we thought that mom was taken away from the house and I literally had no idea on how I could find out her whereabouts"

"For many days, without knowing where mom was, I almost went crazy. I was so desperate to find her and bring her back home. one fine day, Abi went to visit her grandparents and then later went to her grandparent's own house by the sea."

"There are said that she had a feeling that mom was in the basement which was licked with a huge metal door. I agreed with her and that's how we both made a visit to grandpa's house, a surprise visit.

"When Abi got the chance, she snuck downstairs to the basement as the door was open. There she found Mom and Brandon creeping in the darkness"

"That night, unfortunately, Abu found out that I was cheating and I had to tell her about Mitchelle's intention. The same night I found out about me being Caroline's child"

"My instinct told me that I had to find mom but it was nearly impossible because Brandon was keeping watch outside our house. Wait a minute, did I tell you about him watching our house closely for a long time"

Without waiting for a reply I continued "anyways, we managed to get out and go to grandpa's house where we were trapped and my head got it…"

Before I could continue, Amanda came in. She hurriedly said "Excuse me, guys… but Adeline's been taken to the delivery room. She's having contractions…"

To which Abi jumped and yelled "what? Is she gonna give birth? Right now?" and then my little sister ran away with a nurse who came with Amanda. I excused myself and held Amanda's hand in my hand. Together we went to the delivery room 3 floors below.

The only thought in my head was getting married to Amanda and having little babies of our own.

Hello, my dear dear readers!

How's life going? It's pretty boring for me except writing this book.

So... How was this chapter?

Lemme ask you a question.
If you get to ask me one question. Anything. Literally anything. What would it be?

Anyways, comment below as usual your thoughts and stuff I can change.

And, if you're on Instagram, do give me a follow @mabi0308. Just started the account and I'm in a need of followers there.

If you also wanna talk, feel free to DM me about ideas or literally anything in general.

Don't forget to vote as usual. It really brings a smile to my face!

XOXO