Double Trouble

Abigail's POV

It seemed so real and the pain in my arm was also real as I screamed out in pain Aaron was beside me in a few minutes and helped me get up and also scolded me for rolling off a bed like a toddler.

I was glad that it was just a dream because I would've been really hurt if Aubrey said that I was responsible for mom's death.

So sorry but that's not gonna happen.

Thinking that I got back into Aarons bed but he pulled the covers off roughly and told me to get ready because my cousins are coming home today... for the entire weekend!.

I totally forgot that they were coming. They recently shifted to California, just like in the dream. I got up lazily to the bathroom, literally dragging myself because I was tired and... just wanted to sleep forever but my brother wouldn't let me. He can be dang annoying sometimes.

As I was doing my business, I recollected my dream. Aubrey's character was really bad in my dream but in real life, she is the best sister ever and she wasn't in a boarding school. She lived with her parents. Moreover, Uncle Caleb has one and only one wife who is named Isabella. I had no idea who Veronica was.

After brushing my teeth, I made my way downstairs where I and Aaron had a pillow fight in the living room before having breakfast. Later, I made my way upstairs to brush my tangled hair while listening to the song 'Symphony' on repeat.

When I finally came down, there was a honk outside and I found uncle Caleb's car in the driveway and my cousin's jumping out of the car.

Kathy came out first. She is 6 and a cutie pie. A bit naughty but tolerable. She loves playing with dolls and makeup. Especially with me.

Next came out Matthew who is 15 and looks really good. He loves his siblings a lot and is a tech geek. Although you actually can't tell that he's a nerd, he's not nerdy even a bit. He's damn cool and attractive.

Lastly, my partner in crime Aubrey, my dear Aubrey who is 12 and just a year older than me came out. We always have pranks up our sleeves and get into a lot of trouble because of it but together. We are inseparable and we always stick together. no matter what.

Finally came out uncle Caleb and aunt Isabella. They both are really loving and caring although they lose their temper once in a while, even on me. I like both of them so much. They are like a parent figure to me.

So anyway, after everyone was inside the house. I gave uncle and aunt a hug and went up the stairs with my cousins but we were stopped when dad told us to behave and also added "Abi, Aubrey. Especially you both".

I went upstairs with a huge growl but it didn't last long because the moment we entered my room, Aubrey said."we'll prank those oldies" and my growl turned into a huge grin.

But before I could point out some ideas, Matt gave me a breathtaking squeeze and whined "we-i missed you so so damn much Abi.".

When I asked "you did", Kathy pulled the hem of my shirt and said "so much Abi. We love you so much and... I forgot to bring your doll today. I left it back home".

I had to chuckle at that. I don't care if I even get the doll back. After all, it's a doll.

But again, before I could start plotting our prank, everyone started chatting. Chatting about how they moved to California and about school and about. crushes and special ones in our lives although Kathy didn't like it.

By the end of our very long conversation, I came to know a lot about the happenings in my cousin's life.

All of them already started school. My school! And Aubrey already befriended one of my besties, Bailey. She apparently told Aubrey that their ring leader, who is me, has to give permission for her to enter our gang of three.

And when Aubrey told Bailey that she was my cousin, Bailey grew excited and even had lunch with her and Ashley for the entire week.

I was upset about the fact that I was not told about it... but I was glad that Aubrey found a good group. She is not the type that people love because she's a bit... bitchy. No-no-no. Not to me but people think she's a bit rude and bossy.

I also found that my tech geek, handsome cousin brother, found a lot of cool kids in my school and when I asked him if he found a girlfriend yet, he said that he's working on it.

He apparently likes a girl called Selena, who happens to be the high school queen. She's glamorous. She's cute. She's intelligent and most of all she lives down the street.

Sometimes we both go to school together when Aaron or dad's really busy. I promised Matt that I'd set them up two. You see Selena recently broke up with her boyfriend.

And by the gossip I hear in the middle school cafeteria, she is on the lookout for a new partner and I'm sure Matt and her will fall in love at first sight.

In fact, even I love Matt and I would've definitely dated him if he wasn't 15 years old. I would never be allowed to date anyone at all and definitely not someone 5 years older than me.

Thankfully our little chit chat was cut off when Kathy asked us about what prank we are gonna pull this time.

Aubrey was the first one with an idea. Black tea in coke or any soft drink.

It's the best idea and it's pretty harmless so... I guess we can pull that out. I am sure it's gonna be epic. Hopefully, we won't be punished for it.

The next idea came from Matt. He felt it was a good prank to throw an old MacBook into the pool and pretend as if it were a new one that uncle Caleb bought recently.

The problem was that we couldn't come up with more pranks and finally, after a lot of discussion and argument, we settled on baking cupcakes with a mustard sauce filling and a barbecue and strawberry frosting.

The next and final prank was for me and Aubrey to dye our hair with temporary dye. It seems a bit severe and we might get into trouble for it... but it doesn't matter. Does it?

Soon, I was buzzing with excitement. I and Aubrey sneaked into the kitchen and opened a few cans of soda before drinking half of its content and then filling it with black tea.

All we had to do now is wait. Wait patiently for our parents to call us and tell us to bring a drink for them. We waited and waited and finally, almost an hour later our time came.

Dad yelled at us to bring them some drinks and that's what we did. Coco cola and tea. I even took the liberty to act like opening the cans before handing it over to them.

Dad looked at me suspiciously because never have I ever volunteered to help. I tried my best to hide the smirk on my face but when all of them took a huge sip and made a funny face, I lost it.

I ended up laughing like hell. I laughed so much that I felt moist forming in my eyes but sadly Dad and Aubrey's parents didn't find it funny.

Dad stood up suddenly and held my ear and twisted it. So hard that I had to let out a yelp.

What happened next was something I never imagined. I and Aubrey were told to finish two cans each of that liquid and by the look of the oldies, they weren't kidding.

So with our eyes closed, I and Aubrey drank that yucky substance and by the time we finished, I made up my mind to not play the rest of the pranks. I didn't even want to know what would happen because of them.

But… I found myself involved in all of them and as expected, we all got into huge trouble but I am not in the mood to think of that again.

But trust me it wasn't good. Uncle Caleb was so mad when he thought we dropped his precious MacBook pro into the pool and almost half-killed Aubrey because of it.

Then, when we dyed our hair, we were yelled at but thankfully we were let off on a warning that if the dye doesn't come off by tomorrow, we were in big trouble.

And when we tried Washing the dye off the next day it wouldn't come out and we realized that we used permanent dies instead of the temporary one. Leaving us getting punished severely by dad and uncle.

Too severe that it ended up with us not able to sit comfortably for a while.

You call that severe? I don't think you have any idea on what's coming your way.