Unraveling The Truth

Abigail's POV

Mom gazed at me and continued, "I thought that only Brandon knew the truth, but I was wrong. Before going to jail, he somehow managed to notify our parents about Caroline, Mitchelle and Aaron"

"What I didn't know was that Mitchelle, after being left in the orphanage, was not adopted. She was put into a few houses but they always sent her back due to her rebellious behaviour"

"My parents knew a couple who wanted to adopt a kid and 5 years ago, Mitchelle was adopted. She was 18 then. For 4 years, my parents tried to trace Caroline but they couldn't. They were not able to threaten me because they knew that I would go straight to the police if they did"

"They waited and waited and finally they got their chance. The same night Brandon was released, I got a visit from him, dad and mom. They threatened that they would destroy my family if I didn't tell them Caroline's whereabouts."

"But I couldn't, I couldn't risk my sister getting hurt but I couldn't risk my family getting hurt either. So, I brought cameras and door alarms and other house safety devices but I didn't know that my phone was being tapped. I used to call Caroline once a day to check on her and sadly because of the phone they tracked her down "

"I and Caroline made a plan to see each other in a shack by the sea. She had to fly all the way from Churchill, Australia. That night we plotted a plan to tell the cops about everything with enough proof. Late in the night, I dropped her off at her hotel room."

"I so badly wanted to check on her but I couldn't. I was so tired that night that I went straight to bed. Later, I got to know that she was abducted by Brandon and a few of his friends. They successfully followed us and abducted poor Rose"

"The next day, after dropping Abi off at school, I drove towards home but parked the car near the old alley by the Starbucks cafe. Caroline was supposed to meet me there but I was met with a black van instead. Out came, Brandon and his friend."

"They forcefully dragged me out of the car and drugged me, but before I could fall asleep, I saw Caroline. For the last time. She looked drunk and I was sure she was drugged."

Mom let out a cry at that part. As far as I know, mom loved her sister to death. She continued anyway, "well when I woke up I was shown a video of the accident. My accident. I was told to be dead but it wasn't me, it was Caroline. Those people killed her. The accident was planned by them"

"I know what you're gonna ask me, officer. How the car moved 15 minutes away. I actually don't know that. I was not aware of my surroundings after  being drugged"

"Later, after I woke up, all the torture started. Dad was so angry about me going to the police about Brandon. I had to. He fucking raped Abi. He's such a pervert. When I justified my actions, in anger dad and Brandon and many friends took turns raping me. They tortured me endlessly but it's nothing compared to what they did to Abi."

"One day, Mitchelle appeared at the basement. She came to speak to me. She told me that she was the little infant I left behind in the orphanage in Texas. She said that my entire family would suffer. I was so scared cause I knew Mitchelle. she and Aaron dated and suddenly I when I realised that she was the mole. The mole that tore our family apart"

"She was the one who set the malware in my phone and hacked into it.  What I was even worried about was Aaron. He loved her so much. He would be heartbroken if he knew that the girl who pretends to date her was actually her twin sister who wanted to destroy his family"

"A few weeks later, when Brandon dozed off in the basement, I managed to get hold of a phone and typed out a message and even accomplished sending it but he caught me"

 I didn't receive any message from mom. When I interrupted the conversation, Aaron sheepishly replied "well... I was going through your phone when I got that message. I thought it was just someone messing with you"

Ohh... Ok. Mom then spoke up again "I finally thought I would be saved but it was far from that, the very next day Abi got kidnapped. I got a chance to see her, she was raped brutally. She looked so bad. All I could do was cover her up with a white blanket I found in one of the shelves. Unfortunately, I was taken back to the basement before she woke up"

"Brandon said that he would kill Abi and our entire family before finishing me off. I was so afraid for Abi because she's just... So innocent and small but thankfully she was rescued before they could kill her"

"I was never happier before when I heard the news about Abi but... My heart broke when I heard about Abi's condition being critical.  I prayed all day and all night for her healing. For 8 months all I heard was the same news until 1 fine day I heard that she was getting discharged"

"In between, I even heard that Brandon died in jail but that was proved wrong when he stood in front of me a few weeks later."

"Sir, I am tired now. Shall we continue later", was what mom asked the chief police before being pushed out of the room by a nurse.

Hey guys!
I seriously don't know if I like this chapter or not. Do please read it once after I edit it., which would take a while.

Please, do not. Like never ever forgot to comment down your thought.

Also, vote if you like the chapter.

XOXO