The Dream

Aaron's POV

It's 2 in the night and I just couldn't fall asleep. I sat reading a medical book as Abi slept dreamily next to me. My little sister had her arms wrapped tightly around her as if there was no tomorrow.

Real soon, you'd crave it.

She finally forgave me for telling on her. She got a good ass whooping by dad for that and came down with tears running down her eyes.

I hated to see her like that but she's just so naughty and… a bit bratty. I know that she just lost her mom but her behavior was totally unacceptable.

As I sat thinking about mom and how Abi would be scarred for life because of mom's death, Abi tightened her grip on me and soon she was squeezing me.

She started mumbling about mom and I felt scared for a minute. It was scary to watch her sleep talk but soon she stopped talking and instead sniffled.

When I took a look at her face, she had liquid, tears… down her cheek. She removed her hand waist from me and turned the other side and went back to her deep slumber.

The poor girl's been having dreams lately. More like nightmares because she gets scared by them and starts crying out and yelling while asleep. Sometimes she's not even able to sleep properly.

She never will.

That's why she has been sleeping with me every night for the past 2 days. She looks up to me as her knight in shining armor and I'm really proud of her expectations but… I get creeped out easily and her talking while asleep is creepy. Just don't tell that to her.

Suddenly, I felt sleepiness take over me and that's when I decided that's enough reading for a night. I set the book on the nightstand and switched off the lights.

With the help of my hand, I made my way to my bed and comfortably tucked myself in. Just as I felt myself drifting away, I found something curling around my waist.

I chuckled and pulled Abi closer to me and my little sister snuggled her head into my chest with her arms tightly around my waist while I had a protective grip over her small and frail body.

The next day, I woke up unexpectedly early and I was actually not feeling as crappy as I felt if I didn't have enough sleep. I came downstairs to find dad sitting on the kitchen counter and watching the news with a cup of coffee.

As I felt a bit hungry, I took the liberty to make breakfast. You see, dad isn't that good of a cook like mom is or even me. He can't even remove a slice of bread from the toaster without burning it.

I opened a package of turkey tenders and popped it into the oven and cook it till it's crisp brown. I then made a dressing out of 1000 islands dressing and loads of cheese. Every single person in our family is a cheese and chocolate fan.

The timer of the oven dinged and u took out Turkey, which was cooked to perfection. As I sliced it into small cubes, Abi came downstairs, yawning but instead of wishing me or dad a good morning she asked. "Aaron, what's for breakfast. I'm hunggrryy".

I didn't want to keep my sister waiting because if she's hungry, she can soon turn hangry, towards me.

She sat down drowsily on the counter as I added the final seasoning, salt, and pepper to my yummy dressing with turkey bits in it. Abi's mouth widened in happiness when I placed 4 pairs of turkey sandwiches in front of her.

The girl without even thanking me munched on the sandwiches and even yelled at me to give her something to drink or else she'd choke to death.

I gave her a cup of ice tea much to dad's dismay. He hates sugary and fatty food. When Abi finally finished eating in around 5 minutes, I asked her if she slept well.