Confusion

Abigail's POV

I realized the huge blunder I made only after I heard shrieks and screams from all the guests. Guests to my 12th birthday party took a few steps backward in astonishment.

They were so silent. Everyone was so silent and I felt a bit relaxed but, no! I couldn't for more than a minute because that little bitch, Aahana started crying like a baby. Well, she is a baby but this was too frustrating.

Now that I think, I should've smashed the case on her head. At least it would be a bit peaceful. That little baby's so irritating. Why the hell does everyone give her all their attention?

What happened to me? I was the one who needed attention! I freaking risked my life to save mom. I saved her from those brutes. I am the reason she and Aahana are alive.

What type of mom is mom? Can't she just keep that baby aside and sit for an hour and talk with me? Cook with me? Paint with me? She should be grateful that I saved her, instead, she spends all her time with that little piece of shit.

I was ready to grab another vase and smash it on Aahana's face but… I felt a hand on my arms. With every second that passed, I felt the grip grow stronger and stronger, and finally, I found myself being grabbed upstairs while everyone had their eyes on me and dad.

Dad's trip was so harsh and he was walking so fast that he was literally pulling me upstairs. It was obvious that he was really angry, but how is my fault? If he and mom spent some time with me, NONE OF THIS MIGHT'VE HAPPENED.

How are you sure that she is your mom? Huh?

Dad let out a high sigh standing in front of me. He looked intimidating with his hands on his hips and his silver eyes glaring at me. His eyebrows burrowed dangerously as he yelled "what the hell was that about".

"it's my birthday and none of you guys even gave me a peek. You all are so busy admiring that little piece of… shit".

Dad's eyes opened wide when he heard me tell that about his little baby girl. It was supposed to me. He always used to call me 'baby girl' and 'kittens when I was small but I got replaced with his 5-day old nasty being.

Dad took a step forward and bent down, his face a few inches away from mine. " Abi, last warning. If you act up again, I don't care if you're sick or not. We will be having a good long conversation and I promise you it won't be as verbal as you think it will be".

Oops. Okay, I won't. But before I could continue my bathroom door opened and out came… Aubrey. She was clutching her stomach and on seeing me, she pointed her index finger at me and yelled "you bitch"

My jaw dropped at what she said. It's her own fault. She's literally cheating on me and she thinks she can get away with it. I was ready to give her a piece of my mind but dad bet me to it.

"Aubrey, what did you say?", he asked her. She clearly didn't see dad when she let out that but now that his presence was sure, she trembled and spoke up.

" she added something to my ice cream and now I feel sick. I feel like… you know… right?", she said pointing at me.

No way am I gonna accept it. I could get in a lot of trouble for this. The last time I played a prank like this on my teacher, dad literally skinned me and then made me apologize to that teacher in front of the principal.

"Daddy, you have to believe me on this. She told me to f-off from Zac because she likes him and wants to date him. She also told me that I lol like a dead rat and that everyone pretends to like me so that I won't cry like a crybaby".

Dad took a second to let everything sink in and then clicked his trouble. After Glancing at both our faces, he turned towards me and said "Abi, stop lying. She would never do that and you're grounded to your room for the entire night. Learn to behave and I swear if you ever let out such a lie, it wouldn't end so well".

What? What the fuck? Why didn't he believe me? It's my birthday. How is it possible that I don't get to participate in my own birthday party? This is so not fair!

But… another part of my heart wanted to get a peaceful time alone. Maybe listening to Christina Perri and Whitney Houston.

Io so badly wanted to go downstairs and mingle with everyone but… risking my behind for it isn't worth it and everyone probably went home by now. After all, there was a huge glass shatter… everyone must've had enough for the night. Right?

'A thousand years' played as I lay on my comfy bed. The song didn't have that immediate peaceful feeling it used to give me. I didn't feel connected or happy listening to it. It felt like every other song sung.

Maybe. Just maybe if mom was right here, it might've felt better and happier but… I don't know.  It just feels like mom doesn't want to be around me. But why?

Your mom who gave birth to you wasn't like this.

" trust your instincts. Beware. Don't believe anything around you, ", I felt these lines communicating with me as I felt myself closing my eyes but… I couldn't.

It just seemed so bizarre. I and mim were so close but now… we are not. Mom cared for me so much but now it looks like she doesn't care.

On the verge of dozing, I had a crazy thought. WHAT IF SHE ISN'T MY MOM AT ALL? WHAT IF WHAT SHE TOLD DAD EARLIER WAS THE TRUTH BUT WHEN DAD REALIZED THAT I WAS LISTENING… HE LIED THAT IT WAS A PRANK?

IT IS A POSSIBILITY.

Hi guys,
I can't believe that I haven't updated in such a long time. To be honest, I didn't feel motivated at all and I had no idea how to make this chapter interesting.

But, I still wrote this chapter and I accept it's so crappy.

Please, I am begging you, if you have any ideas do tell me.

Also, comment down your opinions and thoughts on this chapter.

XOXO