In Persu Of A Dead Person

Aaron's POV 

Abi, after being discharged from the hospital with a strict rule of staying with an adult all the time, came home angry and upset over being treated like a little baby.

No matter what, she'll always be my little baby sister who is annoying and cute at the same time.

The first thing she did was take a bath and change into comfy pajamas. She spent the entire day in the hospital gown, playing with her cousins and simply doing nothing.

After her supposedly relaxing bath, we had dinner which was stir fried rice with broccoli and carrots. 

Abi looked with disgust at it and also said something about dad being mean but after that so simple yet stern glare she was given by dad, she silently ate but with a pout on her face.

As a reward, she got to eat icecream with me. Seated comfortably on my bed, Abi and I saw Johnny English 3. 

We both laughed our hearts out once in a while and by the end of the movie, Abi was fast asleep with her head smushed against my side and her two arms wrapped around my right arm.

She also had a bit of ice cream dripping from her lips and when I tried to wipe it out, I realized it dried up. 

After struggling to untangle her arms from mine, I went to the bathroom to get a wet cloth and on my way to the room, I saw a light from the street from the glass wall of my room. I peeked out just in time to see a person get into his car and drive off.

I didn't think much about it and wiped Abi's face and carried her to dad's room where I set her down, tucked her and came back to my room.

After chatting with my beloved Mitchelle for about an hour and a half, I was finally sleepy and got into bed and as soon as my head hit the comfy pillow, I was fast asleep.

The next day, Abi woke up surprisingly at 8 AM, on her own. Impossible but I'm happy that her habit of sleeping the day away is changing.

It was my turn at home while dad worked. I made hot and yummy breakfast for all three of us and just like I expected the plates were scraped clean and the forks were locked clean by my dear Abi.

Dad left later leaving me alone with Abi, just the way I like it. But, when i asked her what we were gonna do, she said "i am gonna find mom. I am gonna dig up some secrets."

Hmm.. Okay. But how? When I asked her that, she was gonna say something but then realized she had nothing to say. After a long time of thinking and scratching her head for ideas, she said "um.. I'll.. I'll read her death certificate.. no no.. the medical certificate."

Uhh..  and do what? I was really confused. What the hell is she talking about so, with a curious tone I asked "what are you gonna do with a piece of sheet? Find her?"

She thought again for a minute and said "forget I said that, What if the person who we buried was not mom. What if it was someone with a mask of mom's face?"

I was like 'is she mad'. So, I said "kiddo.. you are just over thinking. Nothing of that sort happened. She is dead and she would be happy if you rest now instead of making it a mission to go to heaven and bring back her"

Oops..  I mustn't have told that because the next second she climbed on the sofa. Our faces were inches apart when she said "Aaron, fuck off if you're not gonna help me. Okay? I am gonna find her and if you continue telling shit about her being dead, I won't share her with you when she comes back home"

She  had the fucking audacity to swear at me! Na na. Not happening. I held her shoulders and made her sit down and with my index finger pointing at her threatening, I said "Abi. Remember who you are talking to. Don't you dare swear again and definitely not directly at me. I swear I'll skin you if you did that again".

Thankfully the threat made its  way to her brain from her eardrum because she gulped loudly and said "sorry" really honestly but  after a moment of looking at me she opened her chatterbox mouth again.

She pointed a finger at me and said confidently "I will find her, I swear. Now, I want her death certificate.. or whatever that certificate is called"

I found myself obeying the highness's orders by going into dad's room and searching for the folder which has mom's postmortem certificate. I took a second to look at it and suddenly found myself tearing up.

I miss her a lot. She was the best mom ever. She didn't deserve to die and definitely not getting murdered.

Her photo on the file looked so.. bad. Her body was found with 13 broken bones and a fractured head. Her car made about 5 flips before falling over the bridge.

Her face had a look of worry. It was clear she passed out in a lot of pain. I let out more tears when I saw her photo again. Abi suddenly came in and her face completely changed when she saw me crying.

I never cried in front of her because I wanted to be strong for her. How would she live if her foundation was so weak. Right?

The little girl even at 11 understands emotions so good because she came and wrapped her arms around me and buried her face into my stomach. After my tears dried out, she said "I'll find her. I promise. Please don't cry Aaron!"

After a little kiss to cheek, my little sister snatched the file from my hand and went into her room and before she could lock the door, I stopped her. Dad would kill me and her if we were out of each other's sight.

Afterall, she is not strong enough to be left alone. The kid literally spent 8 months in a hospital and had a heart and kidney transplant. She is just so weak and fragile.

I sat on her study table and did some work while the little girl was on her bed with the document on her left and her ipad on her right. Honestly, I didn't care what she did. Mom's dead. She's just shook up, that's all.

But, I wasn't gonna tell that to her. She'll figure it out on her own. I didn't wanna "discourage" her but it was sickening to think how her reaction would be when she finds out she won't be able to find her.

Abigail's POV

I don't know why everyone thinks she is dead. I mean, I dreamt that mmm's accident was not an accident and it was true so why not this.

How tough is it to make a mask of a person? Brandon must've murdered someone else then put on the mask on that person and make it show as an accident. I mean it happened in movies and stuff, why can't it be true.

As I read the document. What is it called..  a post morten? I don't know.. whatever it was, it was boring but mom's photo made me emotional. Even though it was not mom, she looked like mom.

O read the sheet of paper again and again but found nothing interesting. There were stuff like 'Time of death' and 'cause of death' and stupid stuff. But, one thing caught my eye. In the middle it said 'high quantities of alcohol was found in the body' 'presumably consumed 30 minutes before the time of death.

Mom drinking? That too while driving? No way! And she died 30 minutes after dropping me off, no way did she have liquor. In fact, she hates liquor. She drinks only wine and that too never had more than half a glass, in front of me though.

To make it easier, SHE DOESN'T DRINK AND OBVIOUSLY NOT WHILE DRIVING !

Hey Guys !!
I missed him so much. Hope this chapter was good.
BTW what do you think of everything. Is Abi right or are the others wrong?

Don't forget to comment your answers and thought.. and obviously vote!