Trouble

Abigail's POV 

Mitchelle? What the hell? No way! Mitchelle was so sweet and kind and charming. I never imagined that she would be a crook. 

I really didn't want to believe what Aaron said but.. I trust Aaron. He wouldn't lie. Ever. I've known him for almost 12 years. He almost never lies.

The only question is, how does he know that. When I asked him that, he looked dead in my eyes and said "I heard her speaking to Brandon a couple of months ago. I know I know, I eavesdropped but atleast I found out the truth."

Ohhh… I was lost in thoughts when Aaron snapped his fingers at me and continued "you can't tell anyone about this. Okay?". 

"Yeah yeah Aaron. Relax."Relax."- I replied. I felt bad for swearing at him and slapping him and I felt like crying because I knew Aaron loved Mitchelle a lot. They were even going to marry.. but now..

It also made me realize that even the best people on the outside can be mean bitches on the inside, Like Mitchelle. 

I wondered how many people in my life act like good people. The thought of Dad or even.. Aaron being a bad person made tears swell up in my eyes.

With a painfully heavy heart, I swung myself on Aaron and wrapped my arms around his neck. As I cried my heart out for no particular reason, soaking his t-shirt up, Aaron caressed my back. I heard him sniffle a but and then I felt something wet run down my neck.

Untangling from Aaron, I saw that his eyes were bloodshot red and puffy. There were tears running down his cheeks. I've never seen him cry like this, ever. He has to move on. In Fact he did. He found that girl.. Amanda. Right? 

I rose up from the bed and stood up in front of him and.. gently wiped out his tears with my thumb. That seemed to calm him down. My dear big brother wrapped his arms around me and held me close. He made me feel safe. He made me feel better. 

He showed no sign of leaving me and he also seemed calm so I took that as an opportunity to apologize. I earnestly apologize for cursing and slapping him. He, thankfully said "it's alright".

I mean I know I am not well but I thought he would ground me or take away my phone or something.. but he didn't and I was happy with his choice of forgiving me.

We were interrupted when dad burst through the door suddenly. He looked at us curiously and asked "bonding. Huh? Did you have a fight". I looked at Aaron and he whispered "he knows about Mitchelle" into my ear.

After explaining to him about me finding out about Mitchelle, we all went down to have dinner. All I could talk about was about Mitchelle and Brandon. I threw in question after question, which were answered hesitantly.

By the end of dinner, I learnt so much stuff about my mom's family but 1 thing puzzled me. Aaron didn't mention finding mom and Brandon in the basement to dad. When I asked him about it, he said "see.. Abi, I don't really trust dad. I think he has a part in this whole thing"

What the fuck? Dad? No way. But I didn't dare tell it out loud. After Dad Aaron kept the leftover away and washed the dishes, dad left for the hospital saying that he had surgery to perform and also that he would come home late.

Later that night, after Aaron was totally drowned in his work, I made my way to daddy's study. The other night in my dreams, mom led me to dad's huge table and opened the 2nd drawer on the right but the dream ended before I could see what was inside.

With my heart beating so fast I placed my hand at the handle and pulled, but it didn't pull out. I realized it was locked. Now, the only person who knows where the key is besides dad is Aaron.