Apologies

Abigail's POV

'You Idiot, trust your instincts', the voice kept telling me.

What? Why? And more importantly, who does the voice belong to? It sounds like mom but… why would I keep getting dreams about her? She can tell that face to face. Right?

I suddenly got a brainwave. My instinct told me to smash Aahana's head. Maybe mom wanted me to trust my instincts and go with it. Maybe she hated that little attention seeker just as much as I do.

But seriously, even though I hate her, one small piece of my heart loves her. I always wanted a younger sister and I finally got one. How the frick can I hate her? She shares the same blood as me. We share the same parents. How, how, how?

I checked my home for a message from Zac. If he ever wants us to get back together, I expect a good long apology and 100% assurance that he wouldn't cheat on me.

How dare he go close to Aubrey? And how dare she try to steal my boyfriend. My first boyfriend. The love of my life. The same boy who my dad was telling that might become his son in law.

Anyways, I didn't get any message from him. Maybe what Aubrey told was true. He must've pitied me and became my friend just so that I'd be happy.

I also wanted to sneak downstairs and have a bite of that delicious cake. It was just… mouth-watering and I wouldn't mind finishing the rest of the cake but I can't! I am stuck in my room for something I didn't do. Well, I did break the glass wall but Aubrey's at fault.

Aahana too… but she's just a baby.

I got up from my bed and paced back and forth my room, something I do when I'm hangry. Anger and hunger together is a deadly mix for me. I might actually kill someone if I don't calm down from my hangriness.

Knock. Knock. I heard a sound but I continued pacing around in my room but when I heard Aaron say "Abi, dad and mom are calling you downstairs. You better come down ASAp", I opened up the door.

" There is someone to meet you", Aaron said before holding my hand and leading me downstairs. His hands felt so warm. You could literally feel the blood flowing and his heart beating at a steady pace.

I hope the person downstairs is Zac. We would meet each other and he would cry out 'I'm sorry' and kiss me. Wooww… it would be a perfect feeling.

I took the last few steps downstairs and headed to the living room. To my dismay, I came face to face with a guy. Around 20. He was dressed in a simple white shirt with the sleeves rolled up and some jeans.

On close inspection, his face looked a bit identical. It reminded me of… I don't remember. The same chiseled jawline and the same golden-brown eyes.

"Abi, this is Mason. He is Mitchell's brother. He came here to see you and wish you", Dad spoke to me.

What the hell? Mitchelle's brother? I didn't know she had a brother. Of course, I didn't know that she was a fro faced liar or that she's a fucking bitch or that she was slut either.

But the question is, what is he doing here? Shouldn't he be in prison? He's part of the family and definitely part of all the stuff he and his dysfunctional family did to mine.

In astonishment, I waved my hand and let out a 'hi'. More like a squeak. Why is he here? What does he want? Is he gonna hurt me and my family more?

" hello kiddo. How are you? Happy birthday, sweety", he replied.

"Thank you?", I answered questioningly. Why is he wishing me?  He is supposed to be my enemy and enemies don't wish each other.  It all seemed so strange and that's why I blurted out " what do you want. Huh? Are you here to destroy our family once again? You know what, I am calling the cops".

All eyes were on me when I looked around at everyone after saying that.

"Abi, please. Let me explain", Mason told me before I could call the cops. What if he escaped from prison to harm us again? I actually didn't know anything about what was happening in the court.

I went to court only twice and that was to testify against all the people. Dad never told me what was happening and how many years all my 'family' were gonna spend in jail. Dad thinks that it's just unnecessary for a 12-year-old to know.

Unwilling I sat on the sofa opposite Mason but I did go to the kitchen and get out a small knife. I don't care if my family believes him. I don't

Over the last year, I've learned the painful lesson to not trust anyone. I'm not gonna give my trust to this 'Mason' and let him break my trust like all his family members and sadly, my family members did.

" Abi… see, I didn't know about anything that happened. Please, trust me. I am so sorry about everything. How my family hurt you and how mean they plotted up against you".

"To be honest, I was never close with my parents and I visit them only about thrice a gear, even though I live here in California"

"See… I came here to apologize Abi. I want to make things amend and start fresh. I know you think that our family is just… bad. Please forgive them. I know you don't trust me but… you gotta move on."

"How about we spend some time alone. Watch a movie, perhaps?", Mason asked me sweetly.

No freaking way am I gonna fall prey to it. What am I? A fool?

" No Mason. Just fuck off and stay away from my family", I replied.