Grounded

Abigail's POV

It's been three days since cutting Aaron's hair. All I can say is that I'm glad he didn't beat the shit out of me but I did get grounded by dad for two whole weeks.

That means no phone, no tv, no iPad, and no laptops for two whole weeks. The only thing I could do is live and breathe. 

Which you should be grateful for… maybe you won't be able to soon.

That's when I felt as if I could've been spanked instead of getting grounded. Getting grounded sucks, especially when you're supposed to stay at home the entire day on medical leave.

Today's Aaron's turn to stay at home and look after me so that I wouldn't get into any more mischief.

Dad and Aaron agreed on taking a day off alternatively and staying at home to keep an eye on me as if I'm a toddler.

I had the crazy idea of sweet-talking  Aaron and getting off the hell of a grounding. So, that day after dad left home, I woke up earlier than usual and sneaked downstairs.

The stairs gave me a shrill because I could literally feel how I felt falling down the stairs the other day. It was horrible. I was so scared as a million thoughts went through my mind. 'Will I die today' was the first one.

Anyways, I saw Aaron sitting on the sofa sipping his daily cup of coffee. I walked over to him as cutely as possible and let out a cheerful "Hey bro. Good morning".

Aaron looked surprised that I woke up so early but didn't question me about it, he instead greeted me back with a peck to my forehead. The exact place where my skin was stitched.

It hurt a teeny weeny bit but nothing like the pain in my arm. Not only my wrist, which got fractured, hurt, but my entire right arm felt numb and almost as if it's gonna fall right off.

Cheekily, I asked Aaron if he was still upset about his hair. My brother took a deep breath and told me that he's upset but not angry.

Ahh. You gotta let go of that anger.

That's a good way to start a day. I took his cheerful mood as an advantage and continued "so… I was wondering if you could ungr-".

But I was cut off really rudely by Aaron who gave me a warning glare and said "forget about finishing the question because the answer is no and it's gonna stay no".

I just couldn't handle being grounded l. Not even a day longer and that's why I angrily whined "but why…? I said I'm sorry".

Aaron so stubbornly said "no" and that's when I knew that he wouldn't change his mind but… I decided to give it one more chance. I opened my mouth and tried compromising.

"Plea..", I said before Aaron cut me off by yelling "No no Abi. Never in a million years. You better stop trying".

I pouted but nodded my head yes. We both sat in silence until Aaron asked if I slept well.

I didn't know what to say. I guess I slept well but I had this dream. A dream about mom. Mom spoke to me in the dream, she said something about the accident not being an accident.

She also said that she was murdered… or at least that's what I think she said. I couldn't remember properly what she said.

When I told Aaron about it, he dismissed it and told me to stop thinking about mom but when I gave him my famous murderous glare, he said "you really didn't sleep well yesterday. Right".

I nodded my head slowly as I felt the sleepiness overcoming my body. Aaron then told me that both of us better sleep after breakfast.

What I didn't understand was why both of us. Did Aaron have a dream too? When I asked him that, he said matter of factly that he woke up at 2 in the morning and had to go to the hospital for a surgery and returned not even an hour ago.

That's the exact time my stomach decided to let a loud growl. Aaron noticed it and got up and headed straight to the kitchen and I followed him like a shadow.

You'll always will.

I just love him so much that I couldn't let him out of my sight. Not even for a few seconds. When he asked me what I wanted to have, I told him my opinion 'pizza' but Mr. Health freak nodded his head 'no'.

He instead took out two eggs and sausages from the fridge. I sat on the counter as he prepared the tasty dish. The smell wafted through the air and went inside my head and that moment I felt like grabbing the sausages off the pan and gulping it down like noodles.

But, it was burning hot and not thoroughly cooked either. It was taking forever to cook and I was getting impatient. Aaron clearly noticed it as he changed the subject to what we're gonna do the whole day.

I was surprised that he asked that. I felt all these days that he was too busy to notice me and spend some quality time with me. I took his friendliness and suggested that we watch a movie.

My plan actually almost worked but Aaron realized that I was grounded and was not supposed to use any electronics. Then what are we supposed to do? Play board games?

He thought for a second and said we could watch some old tapes of mine and his childhood. It actually sounded like a good idea and that's what we did for the next 3 hours.

There were so many videos and most of them were so stupid like the one in which we were on a  vacation in India and a cow came wandering into the backyard. The stupid part was that I spoke to it.

I told it my name and even asked it its name and if it was a girl or a boy and when it tried leaving, I ran down the street trying to make it stay by saying sweet stuff to it.

Then there was another video in which I spoke gibberish and danced in front of the fridge. The flat surface of the fridge acted like a mirror to me as I danced in front of it like I mad person

You call that mad?

It was just so hilarious that Aaron just couldn't stop laughing but soon it was my turn to laugh at him as he turned beet red. He was so funny and still is.

We finally decided to give a break to our eyes and that's when we realized that it was 2 at noon. It was too late to cook lunch and that's why we decided on ordering food. Chinese food.

After the food arrived, I asked Aaron if we could watch a movie and he obviously stubbornly replied 'no' but after a lot of begging him and using my puppy eyes I finally got a 'yes'.

You know… really soon, you wouldn't need to use those puppy eyes.

My brother, the best brother in the entire world, let me watch a movie while I was grounded. But,

We ended up having a fight about what movie to watch. I wanted to watch a movie called '50 shades of grey' but he cut me off saying that it's not for naughty little brats like me.

It sounded so Artistic but we ended up watching 'San Andreas, munching on stir-fried vegetable and soy shrimp noodles.

When we were halfway through the movie, dad came home. He seemed a bit angry when he found me watching a movie, while I was grounded but Aaron saved my ass by telling dad he gave me permission.

We later ended up finishing the movie together. Sadly, it was time to study and when I got up from the couch sulking and walking in super slow motion towards the stairs, Aaron came behind and gave me a sharp slap on my ass.

Then another one and told me to move faster. I literally ran upstairs after that. I didn't want to get another smack on my little and tender butt.

10 minutes later, dad came in to check on me. When he saw that I was doing my homework, he walked away and that's when I felt drowsy. Before I even knew it, I was out cold on my study table.

At least you'd wake up soon...

Hey guys!
10 chapters into the story, what are your thoughts on this book?
Do you like it so far?
What don't you like about this story?

Comment down all your answers, thoughts, and ideas... And keep reading. 10 more chapters later, you'll get a heart attack.

Stay Safe
XOXO