Repairing Bonds

Abigail's POV

That night, I found it impossible to sleep. What dad said earlier at the part was… terrible. He literally let me and mom suffer to cover up his crimes.

But… he's still my dad. He also accepted his crime and mom also seemed to have forgiven him but should I?

Dad and mom came upstairs to say goodnight to both me and Aaron and neither of them mentioned a thing about it. Dad looked ashamed of himself and he should be, but he didn't even mention it.

I got raped because of him. I was… tortured because of his mistake and he didn't even apologize.

Before I went to bed, I checked all my messages and stuff and I found one by Zac. It said, "forgive your enemies". It was not actually sent to me, it was on his snap story but it felt like it was being directed to me.

I dozed off almost instantly but I couldn't sleep peacefully. I don't know if it was Because of the fact that Aaron was snoring so loudly or because of something else.

Either way, I got up and went downstairs. I got some almond milk and cookies and took them out into the backyard. There, I thought about dad and how mom forgave him. He freaking had sex with another girl and mom actually forgave him.

Should I forgive him too? It would be mean if I didn't right? What he suddenly dies? I would feel guilty for not forgiving him. You know, while he came to say good night to me, I actually called him a bad word. Like really really bad.

Dad looked so shocked and sad but he let it go. After all, he deserved it, or at least that's what I thought. I munched for a while on my cookies and suddenly I found something against my feet. My little dog, Arlo.

After having a cup of rich almond milk and emptying a can of cookies, I still didn't feel sleepy. Not even a bit. So, I decided to hand by the pool. Slowly I sat down on the edge and let my legs dangle in the crystal clear water.

Arlo was right beside me. The little creature had his snout or face on my lap. I didn't know what to do so I spent a lit of time speaking to a dog.

I told him about all my problems. How I felt so brave for saving mom and how I felt so angry because of dad's mistake. To my surprise, when I said "Arlo, should I forgive daddy", the dog barked.

I was taken by surprise at his reaction. Wow, even a dog believes in forgiveness. I was startled when I heard the door sliding. I heard dad ask " Abi, why are you not asleep sweety".

I just didn't know, so I said "I don't know… daddy". I hesitated to call him daddy and he looked a bit offended but he didn't say anything.

He instead came and sat next to me. His legs making a splash sound when it hit the clear water of our pool. He surprised me by asking " you couldn't sleep because of what I said earlier. Right".

All I did was nod my head slightly. Daddy looked so ashamed of himself as he wrapped his strong arms around me. I felt safe and warm and involuntarily, I let myself melt in his embrace.

It felt… fatherly. Dad then… apologized. "Abu, baby I am so sorry I did that. I know it was not right. At all. I shouldn't have hooked up with Mitchelle. I know it was a mistake"

He sounded so sincere but I needed to ask him something. "Daddy, you let me suffer along with mom for that. You could've gone to the police. Right. Do you have any idea how it feels to be raped, dad? Answer me.", I yelled.

Dad looked at me, straight in the eye, and said " Abi, I could've. I even did, I went to the chief of police of LA. It was Mitchelle's father and obviously, he didn't look through it"

I looked at dad with shock. Dad continued "do you have any idea how I felt when you got kidnapped. Do you know how much I regretted that night with Mitchelle? I even thought of going to the media but the shame… of being with Mitchelle was just too much. I was almost as if I raped her. I regretted it so much and still do"

When I looked at dad, he had tears rolling down his cheeks. That moment, I chose to forgive him. I would've been embarrassed too if a video like that went viral. I would've done anything to stop it from happening. Anyone would have.

At least dad owned up to it. In front of his entire family. Even min forgave him, why shouldn't I? Everyone makes mistakes. Dad made one too but it just went wrong and I had to pay for it. Me and mom, both had to pay for it.

But, we already paid. Right? Everything's been done. Everything's over and it's in the past. Right? Why not just forgive and move on and be the happy little family we once used to be?

I started at dad for a minute. I noticed the sadness's in his face. His face also looked so kissable. I remembered the times when I gave him a million kisses when I was happy.

Dad's eyes were on the pool. He was staring at it thoughtfully when I took his huge hands into my little ones. The hands which used to spank the hell out of me are also the most loving hands ever. So soft and tender. The hands which saved thousands of people from death.

I kept both my hands on his and said "daddy, please forgive me for calling you a pervert. I am so sorry. I didn't mean it. At all. Your the best dad one could ever find."

Dad smiled a bit and said "it's okay honey. I also feel like apologizing for… you remember the day before you got kidnapped? I told you that I didn't even want to see you right then. I am so sorry for telling you that. I felt so bad for it"

I replied "apology accepted" and continued, "daddy, I… I actually forgive you. Let's just not mention it ever and I guess, It would one day erase from my memory"

Dad nodded his head in agreement. All I could do was lean against him and give him a peck on his cheek. He did the same to me. Finally, I get to have my family back. I hope I never lose them again. I would be devastated if I do.

I thought for a moment and said "Daddy, from the day of mom's accident, I thought of you and Aaron as 'The Two Lights Of My Life'. I guess it's gonna change now."

Hi guys!!!

Sadly, this book has come to an end but the good part is, I am writing a sequel, and trust me it's gonna be just as epic as this book.

Hope you guys had a good time reading this book.

Importantly, I haven't decided what the sequel is gonna be about. It has something to with secrets but I don't know what. So, do comment down your ideas and stuff and also characters you wanna add.

And... One last time, comment down below if you liked this chapter and your thoughts on it.

And, don't forget to vote either.

Remember, I am very bad at jeeping promises, so I might not write a sequel but might continue the story in this book.

What do you think, sequel or not?

Bye,
XOXO