Tap Tap Tap

Abigail's POV 

Mom had a twin sister and no one bothered to tell me that! I took 2 steps at a time and went barging to the living room, which happened to be empty.

Just as I was gonna go out and check for my grandparent's, I felt as if I should confront them because.. well, there must've been a reason why they haven't told me. Right?

And, if they've hidden it why would they tell the truth to me now. So, instead I went upstairs and grabbed my phone from the nightstand and made a dash to the bathroom and double checked that the door was locked before calling the only person that could answer my questions.

Aaron, my dear brother who was at work picked up the call at the second ring and whispered a "what". I didn't respond for a minute because I didn't know what to say. 

After another second of thought, I said "mom had a twin sister". To which he harshly replied "I know that kitten and call me once again for a silly reason and you'll get punished. Okay?. Love you bye" 

He didn't even  let me answer. He just cut the call. My own brother hung up on me. Well, he is busy but at least he could have been a bit gentler.

Next, I called dad who didn't even bother to pick up the call. What if I was getting kidnapped? Or maybe I was in an accident or something? 

The only person who could answer my question truthfully was mom but that's impossible. She's locked up in some room far away from me. But, I wanted to help her and something told me that it had something to do with the twin sister.

So, I gathered up the courage and went downstairs where I found my grandparents in the kitchen. I took shaky steps toward them until I was right in front of them.

I stammered a bit but somehow managed to ask "does mom have a twin". Both of them looked at me with a sad and strange expression then grandpa spoke up.

"She did hon. Caroline died..well actually killed herself even before your brother was born".

I know that. But why did she kill herself? I looked at them sharply and bluntly asked "why? Please tell me the truth. I think It has something to do with mom's accident and I also think mom is alive."

This time grandma spoke."well.. sweety, she-she was raped at the age of 20.. and she got pregnant but she didn't want a kid. So, she jumped off the terrace" 

"Oh my god.. what happened to baby" was what I asked in complete agony. Why the hell would someone kill themselves including a baby. That's murder.

Grandma let out a sniffle and said "he died". So.. it was a boy. I would have loved to have cousins on my mother's side.

She then continued, "and honey, your mom died. Stop stressing yourself about her. She's been gone for a year hon. You have to accept it and let go of her."

Grandma told it without any emotion and I was surprised that she took her daughter's alleged death so strongly. I wondered how happy she would be when she saw her again.

Then, I was handed over a carrot to munch on while I told them about my dreams. Both my grandparents gasped when they heard about 'Rose'. 

They said that it was just a dream and that there is no rose and that Brandon can't surely be alive and that I am just exhausting myself thinking of all these stuff.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. Why doesn't anyone beleive me. It would do them good if they find out their daughter yet they think their girl is dead.

That evening we three went to grandpa and grandma's house which was so near the house I was kept as hostage. It's been a long time since I was there but I remeber it perfectly.

We spent some time there looking around the house and planing on where the furniture and all the antiques and stuff would go.

While I was in the kitchen with grandma, one thing caught my eye. The kitchen counters were  cleaner than the rest of the house.

And the door leading to the basement Had 3 metal latches and a huge lock on it. When I asked grandma about it, she shook it off saying that there was a lot of unwanted stuff and all of grandpa's important scientific documents.

Well, grandpa's so into research and stuff and the last time I went into the basement a shelf of papers fell right down and missed me by a few inches. I was 9 years old then and I got a good lecture from grandpa and also was kept in timeout for 40 minutes. 

Just as we were leaving, grandpa came in with a bag from the grocery store and left it on the kitchen counter so that the next time they come, they wouldn't be hungry.

Then, lastly it was time to go back home. I kissed and hugged my grandparents before flinging myself onto Aaron. I guess he missed me a lot because he held me so close to him as if trying to protect me from the cruelness of the entire world.

Then dad spent 5 minutes asking me if I took my medication and if I behaved. The answer was 'yes', later in the night we had steamed rice and duck gravy, which dad and Aaron made.

To keep it simple, it was delicious but soon enough it was time to go to bed. I dreamt of ducks having a bath in the bathtub while I put in bath bomb after bath bomb in the tub.

Then all of a sudden, there was a tapping noise. Tap Tap Tap pitter patter Tap Tap Tap. Then a voice said 'don't trust your surroundings, listen to your instincts' and then everything went black.

Hi guys !!
How was the chapter?
I am sad to say this but, I feel as if the votes and comments have been going a lot downhill lately.
Is it my writing? Is it not interesting enough?
Don't you like the book that much?

Guys, your comments and votes are the only things that tell me if my book is good enough to read. Please do that. Please?

And also if you're on Instagram, do follow me @mabi0308. I just started an art page and I'm in dire need of followers and feel free to snap me at mahima_t8394.

XOXO