Once Again

Aaron's POV

Sitting on a black metal chair in the emergency pod. 8, I realized how uncomfortable those chairs were. I sat there staring at the bed in front of me thinking about what furniture house I should replace the chairs with.

In front of me dad laid on the bed with his head bandaged and 3 IVs. Abi sat by him on the bed even though we told her not to. My little sister spent the last hour holding dad's hand and pleading him to wake up.

The little girl gave him around a thousand kisses in an attempt to wake him up. With tears running down her puffy cheeks, she said "daddy please wake up" in a high pitched squeak.

She was so keen on waking him up that she didn't even let the doctors and nurses work on him, leading me to come and literally pray her apart from dad. I never realized that she loved him So damn much.

I was in the middle of a very Intense surgery and was sadly not able to pick up the horrifying call from mom. Well, I could but I didn't. Whenever she called it was because of some stupid reason like… Aahana making a funny face or maybe she spit mushy pieces on her or something.

To say that I was shocked on hearing the news was just ⅛ of the horror I felt on hearing dad's slip. How the hell could a person slip? Was he careless? Was there water or oil spill? Or maybe some- never mind.

The moment I came out of the operation theater, I found my assistant nervously walking to and fro on the marble-floored corridor. When I questioned her on what she was up to, she said that my dad slipped on the staircase and hit his head on glass.

Glass? Oh shit! Hurriedly running to th2 dressing room and removing my gloves and gown, I made my way to the emergency room only to find mom with a worried look on her face and… Abi inside the room crying like a maniac, clinging to dad.

From outside I could hear Dr. Carter tell a nurse to take out Abi from the room but the little girl didn't even budge and I finally had to step in. On Opening the door, all eyes were on me as I walked towards the bed and tried to pull Abi's hand from the bed.

The sky little girl was in no mood to part from her dear father and decided to bite my hand as if I was… Brandon. As I tried to keep my cool, all Abi did was yell at me to let go.

I could hear dad's heartbeat dropping through the ECG and making up my mind on a very difficult task, I smacked Abi's little behind hard which caused her to grab it, giving me a chance to pull her out of the room.

Once outside she ran straight to mom probably because of the anger towards me from smacking her in public. The little girl must've been embarrassed. Does she even think about me?

Hospital CEO's little sister turned out to be a little brat, sounds good Right? No, it doesn't.

Clinging to mom, she stood there for a few minutes but when she realized that mom couldn't hug her back because of Aahana in her hands, Abi slouched and walked towards me, taking a seat next to me in the waiting room.

We sat there in silence until Abi asked me if I knew what happened to dad. When I nodded my head no, she signed and said that he slipped and fell but that she thinks that it wasn't an accidental fall.

She must be crazy, I thought as I wrapped an arm around her slender waist giving her a little tickle causing her to grunt then giggle. I thought she was gonna continue stating her facts on what she thought occurred earlier but… she didn't.

Abi sat quietly staring at the vending machine down the corridor. Two guys I knew sat there with anxious looks on their faces. Apparently, they were married and wanted kids so they got a surrogate.

Sadly, she endured a severe heart attack and that's who I was operating on a few moments ago. She survived but she's still really weak and… sadly the chances of the baby surviving are really low.

The girl Alice, 22 years old was driving when she suddenly felt hot and sweaty. Turning on the Air conditioner she kept on driving but suddenly she lost consciousness and slammed into a truck.

The car was so damaged and even started burning up but thankfully she was pulled out by the firefighters before the vehicle exploded.

Thinking about this reminded me of mom-rose. The horror she must've felt before the truck hit her or… the fact that she knew she was gonna die in a few minutes is just even hard to think about.

Wanting to spend some time with the couple I got up and made my way towards them. Taking a seat, I told them how the surgery went and how things are at present. To my astonishment, they stood strong except for a few sniffs and tears.

Somehow we managed to get comfortable and soon we ended up telling each other about our families. Joe and Harry have a 4-year-old they adopted when she was a month old but Harry's parents wanted to have a grandchild who shared the same blood and flesh.

It's just so sickening and the two gentlemen told me that they thought the same thing but sadly didn't want to disappoint their parents. like every other kid out there in this messed up world.

Time flew by and I was told that I could pay dad a visit now. It sadly meant that I have to bid goodbye to Joe and Harry. Telling them I would keep in touch  I made my way to dad's room only to find that little rat snuggled next to him.

She chanted "wake up daddy" again and again but when he didn't, she gave him the most adorable kisses I have ever seen. A thousand kisses later she felt tired or maybe lost hope and gave up.

She made herself comfortable next to dad and wrapped an arm around him, her head tucked into dad's neck. She looked like she might cry again and me being the amazing brother I was, decided to sit next to her and maybe calm her down.

Turning towards me, she said, "Mom did all this and I won't let her get away".

Too late.