Cousins

Abigail's POV

Yesterday was a hectic day and that's the reason why I couldn't sleep. Not even a bit. Just when I finally felt sleepy and drifted away, I found myself being woken up by my cousins.

I'm a super heavy sleeper and if someone disturbs my sleep, they are dead. I flung my hands on the nearest cousin's face and it ended up hitting little Kathy. The 6 years old let out a whelp at the powerful blow.

I didn't care the least about it and turned to the other side and slept until... I felt water thrown at my head. I turned around and saw Matt, with a beacon in his hand. An empty beacon.

Although I felt like starting up a fight, I didn't. I was so tired and in a cranky mood but I was happy to see them. I love my cousins very much except Aubrey. That girl is just a year older than me and thinks that she can bitch me around.

She studies in a boarding school, unlike her siblings. Their family recently shifted to Cali and brought a house 45 minutes away. She is such a brat and always gets me into trouble, unlike her siblings who I adore so much.

After hugging Matt and Kathy, the four of us made our way downstairs to the living room where I found uncle Caleb and aunt Veronica sitting with dad and Aaron.

The moment I got noticed, I was given a lot of kisses and hugs from my uncle and aunt. I haven't seen them since my mom's funeral. They came to the funeral but had to leave back to Texas the same day because of some important work.

The reason they shifted to California was because Uncle Caleb got a job in California as a lecturer in a medical college. He has done a master's in physiology and is a well-reputed psychologist.

The only thing that he hates is sitting at a place and talking to people about their personal issues. Uncle Caleb is a lot like dad. He wants to stay healthy and active and have good looks which won't be achieved if you sit down the entire day.

After talking for a long time, I decided to have breakfast. Matt and Kathy joined me but Aubrey, Aka, the bitch, decided to video call her friends and talk shit. 

After a hearty breakfast of bacon and toast, we went swimming and then played tennis. Although it was tough to play with the left hand, I played fairly well.

We then ran races for a while but soon our energy got exhausted and we sat down under a tree in the backyard until we were called for lunch.

Everyone's mouth had a grin on it when they saw the meal. Pork ribs, barbecue chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, and punch. Although I was sure that the adults had alcohol.

I just couldn't believe the amount of food present in front of us. It was clearly brought from a restaurant because the kitchen was clean and shining.

I was happy to enjoy with my cousins till Uncle Caleb asked an unimaginable question to Aubrey. "Aubrey is Abi in your class". What the hell? What did you just say?

Uncle saw the surprise by my expression and asked dad if he told me about that bitch joining my school.

Dad sheepishly said "yeah… I forgot. All three of your cousins are gonna go to your school".
Aubrey butted in and said "and I am in your class, by the way

I was beyond furious. I mean come on. I hate Aubrey and she hates me and we are gonna be in the same class forever. Dad saw my anger and kicked my leg, warning me to keep my mouth shut.

Later after lunch, uncle Caleb came into my room and took a seat by me. He was upset with the fact that I was upset and asked me what was bothering me.

When I said that it's his daughter that's bothering me, he said "trust me Abi. She wouldn't hurt you or trouble you at all. If she does, I'll take care of it. Just… be happy kiddo."