Two invalids

Aaron's POV

I woke up at around.. 8.. maybe.. and went downstairs for breakfast..!! But... I found my dad crying and uncle and aunty trying to comfort him. They told stuff like "she would get well soon" "they'll find a donor"... I didnt have a clue on what they were saying...

They didn't notice my presence until i came and sat with them.. and then i was told about Abi.. about her heart failure.. and how she needs a new heart..!! I found myself tearing up... again..!! We later went to the hospital after having a peek into her room.. me and dad went to work.. we both were restricted from performing any surgeries..  but.. we were allowed to meet patients..!!

The day's went by slowly.. each day was tougher to go through.. I found myself crying to sleep every day..  and dad was even more miserable..!! I would've donated my heart.. yes.. I was ready to do that.. but it is illegal !!

3 days after Abigail's heart failure we had another terrible news.. her kidneys started to fail.. and she was put on dialysis... but they had to stop it because she was really weak and coudn't handle it.. and that's when I thought... why not donate mine because it would be difficult to find a kidney with the blood group AB- ... !! We both have the same blood group and I am really heatlhy...!!

After stating my opinions to dad..  I made my way to the nephrologist... and after speaking for about..30 minutes !! He told that.. it is possible but I had to take various tests and other stuffs..!! After a whole day of taking tests and consulting so many doctors.. I was finally considered as a perfect fit for Abi..!!

The only problem was... is she stable enough to go under the knife??.. She was given one and a half month to live before her heart gives out.. a only three week before her kidney's completely shut down..!!

The doctors suggested that we wait for a few more days.. and if she gets a heart soon enough.. they can complete the heart transplant first and then the kidney transplant !!

We waited and waited and waited... for one and a half weeks..  but she didn't get a suitable heart...!! Requests for heart donors was sent to social media groups every day.. but we coudn't find a suitable heart..and the fact that she has a rare blood group made it even difficult..!!

I had a simple question in my mind... "we are so ahead with technology... why not scientist create a heart..how tough could it be.. right ??? "...!!

Finally... after days of praying and sending requests... she finally got a donor....the heart of a brain dead 6 year old girl..!! The parents were willing to donate their kid's organs.. the girl.. whose name was Kitty.. meet with an accident and suffered head injury.. and was declared brain dead...!!

We were really grateful to her parents.. and they were ready to let their kid off the ventilator and let her go..!! The surgery was fixed to be conducted teo days later... it was gonna be a really complex surgery...!

It also meant that I would also be going under the knife..the kidney transplant was planned to take place in a few hours after the heart transplant.. it was really risky because it was not certain if she was stable enough... but if they waited longer.. she would die..!!

I was told to stay at home and take good care of myself while dad and Kitty's parents were busy with the paperwork and other stuff...!! And.. soon the day of t
Abi's surgery came... which was also my surgery day!

I was sort of scared.. I was always scared of surgery when I was small...the doctors and my parents had to literally pull me to the OT when I was small and had to get my tonsils removed. Sometimes I wonder how I needed up being a surgeon !!

I had a glance at Abi before being taken away to conduct another series of tests.. My kidney was to be removed after her transplant was over and after her heart starts beating on her own.!!

Her hour of surgery finally came.. and she was taken into the theatre at around 7 in the morning. I was being prepared for my surgery from 10 AM when the heart was transplanted... and at finally 11 AM I was wheeled into the Operation Theater...I've been into one almost a 1000 times but I never felt more nervous than now...!!

I felt like running out of the hospital but Abi needed me.. and I was ready to give my life for her.. and that was the only reason I lied still in the operating bed and counted from 100 backwards while I was given anesthesia !!

Andrew's POV

I was devastated when I was told that she needs a heart transplant. I wanted to die when her kidney's stopped working properly. Thankfully Aaron's kidney was a match and we found a heart donor!

I was nervously waiting with our family to get the news about Abigail's heart transplant and when we finally did.. all of us burst out in happiness. It was time for the Kidney transplant to begin.. two kids going under the knife at the same time was terrifying but.. I was confident that everything would go all right.

And just as I expected I was told that Aaron's right kidney was removed safely and that it is on it's way to Abi's theatre...!! After about 1 hour I was able to meet Aaron.. he looked calm but was really groggy when he woke up.. just like when he was small.. but this time he woke up with a missing organ !!

My dear son's first question was "is Abi alright".. even though I didn't know that..I told him that she was doing well...!! He then drifted off again..!!

Maybe 2 hours later.. the surgeon came out with good news.. Abi's both transplants were successful!! I swear I've never been so happy before..!!

I was allowed to see her through the glass at the door.. and she looked.. I don't know what.. she looked good..!!

Now.. the only thing left was to take care of two invalids !! I was certain it woudnt be much of a problem !!

Hi guys !!
I accept this chapter was crap.. but please do keep up with me.. I've been having a lot of school work to do lately and I just wasn't in the mood to write /type...!! And.. there would be a lot of mistakes in this chapter as I was not really keen on reading it again and changing the faults !! Please bear with me!

I swear the next chapters would be thrilling as lots of mysteries are going to be uncovered..!!

Till then comment and vote below !!