Tragedy At School

Abigail's POV

I've been in my room locked up for the past six hours. I guess I did overstep his bounds but… what he told me felt like a hot dagger penetrating my heart.

It hurt. It hurt a lot. He called me disobedient and told me that he couldn't even look at me even though I looked up to him. It was almost as if he told me that I am a spoiled useless nuisance and that he has had enough of me.

The next worst thing was I was not given dinner either. That day I was just too excited to call the cops,  that I didn't even have my evening snacks, and being a foodie and a preteen, I got hungry a lot.

Luckily Aaron sneaked in some granola bars or else I would've starved to death. I nibbled on them hoping it would keep me filled for the entire night but sadly it didn't.

I lay awake for a long time doubting the stuff I did earlier. Was it not right? I think it was. I am 100% sure that mom was murdered. It all adds up. Brandon was released from prison and he came to murder mom because she sent him to jail because he raped me.

He raped me… it hurts. It's one of the things I want to ask him badly. Why? Why? I was just 4 then. I was his Niece. His own sister's daughter. How could he? Didn't he get a good girlfriend or a good wife?

I don't know when exactly I fell asleep but it felt like I slept for a few minutes when Aaron woke me up in the morning. It's usually dad who wakes me up because Aaron sleeps in late if he went out at night.

I was sort of hoping that dad would wake me up and I'd apologize and together start a new day. A new, fresh day with fewer flaws but it didn't happen, leaving me disappointed.

After brushing my teeth, having a bath, getting dressed, I made my way downstairs where I realized that dad was still mad at me and gave me the silent treatment.

He didn't even look at me properly and when I mumbled a 'good morning' he just nodded his head and went back to reading some shit on his phone.

It was only when I was eating breakfast with Aaron that I saw the news. News about mom's accident case reopening. Next to her photo was a guy's photo. Brandon's photo. He sort of looked familiar… but then I thought it was because he looked just like my mom.

And obviously, I and Aaron look like mom so there must be a lot of similarities between us. Right?

After gulping down a hearty breakfast of vegetable salad, I apologized to dad but it went in vain. I thought he might've forgiven me but sadly he remained stubborn.

He nodded his head 'no' and walked away, leaving me dazzled while my eyes felt like letting out a waterfall of tears.

I thought at least Aaron would console me but on the way to school, all I got was a big lecture from him on my behavior yesterday. He also added at last that dad didn't mean what he said and that he was just angry with me.

I know that but… It really broke my heart and to be honest, I feel like it was my mistake. I shouldn't have gone to the cops. If dad felt like mom was murdered, he would've gone straight to cops himself. Right?

The entire day at school went bad for me. I was called out for not paying attention and I really wanted to tell the teacher to shut up but… I didn't want to get into trouble and make dad even madder at me.

2 tough hours later, I was sent out to stand in the hallway because I didn't do my maths homework and didn't give an 'appropriate 'excuse when I was asked the reason behind my non-submition of homework.

What could I say? 'Ma'am, my dad punished me yesterday for calling the cops to tell them that my mom was murdered and that she didn't die in an accident and it really maddened my mood'?

Even if I did say that there is no way that good for nothing maths bitch would listen to me or my supposedly 'lame' excuse.

The 45 minutes I spent outside, the only person who was in the hallway was the janitor and he was sweeping the floor. I even thought of starting up a conversation with him but instead, spent the time racking my brain on why Brandon looked so familiar. It was just so confusing. I felt like I've met him somewhere. Face to face but just couldn't remember where.

Think! He's so near you.

Anyways, the next period was English, and thank god I finished the assignment a week ago. That's the first period the entire day in which I wasn't scolded or warned.

Other than that, the only thing that went good was the time spent with my two besties, Aubrey and Zac, my new found boyfriend.

I even told Zac about what happened yesterday at home and he gave me a useful piece of advice "just speak to your dad and apologize. He can't be angry with you forever".

Maybe, it was worth a shot but I was just too scared of speaking to him so I thought why not write a letter. I mean, he literally slapped me. Twice.

So, I went with my instinct and wrote a letter today during the lunch break. I tore a sheet from my rough note. A galaxy note that Dad bought me from Japan.

Just to make sure he calms down before reading the letter, I started the letter by saying sweet stuff like 'my dear daddy' but then had to abruptly stop when I didn't know what to continue further.

Do you know that food relaxes your brain? At least for me, it does. So, when I took a bite of French fries and a sip of my virgin mojito, I had a sudden brainwave.

I poured my heart into the letter, writing how much he means to me and how I couldn't survive without him. How I felt really sorry for my irresponsible behavior yesterday and how I wanted him to accept my apology.

Soon lunch break ended and classes started again. It was so frustrating and boring and just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, I got a message from Aaron telling me that he'd be late because of important work at the hospital. Again.

I really wanted to talk to his boss and give him a piece of my mind but then realized that he himself was the boss. Seriously, him coming late to pick me up has become a routine than I'm so damn tired of.

After school ended, I made my way to the parking lot slowly unlike yesterday. I spent so.e time with my friends as usual but soon enough, Unfortunately like yesterday, there was no one to give me company except a few cars.

The only people I could see was the security guard who just went inside the building and the same black-haired janitor sweeping the entrance of the school.

It felt a bit scary to be alone in a deserted parking lot and that's exactly why I took out my phone and called dad. He didn't pick up and the call went straight to voicemail leaving me with no choice but to call Aaron while he's driving.

Aaron, thankfully he picked and told me that he was 10 minutes away and would be there as soon as possible and that even if he was late, he'd be there eventually.

As I fumed with rage and thought of a snappy reply, a van entered the campus. It was more like a huge black SUV. It came to a halt right in front of me and even before I knew what was happening, two guys opened the door and pulled me inside.

I let out a scream, which I thought was loud enough to attract the janitors' attention but it didn't. As I struggled, one of them kept a cloth over my face making it hard for me to breathe.

I tried aiming a kick at one of the guys in the Hope's of them losing their tight grip on my forearm but before anything could happen, I felt myself drifting off to sleep.

For a long long time...