A Promise

Aaron's POV

I've spent around 6 hours in the hospital with Abi. My little sister showed no signs of waking up and I actually started to get worried.

You see, being a doctor you know all the chances of something bad happening. It's not a good feeling knowing that your little sister might have had a hemorrhage.

She looked so peaceful and like a little angel while sleeping. I just love her to death. All I want now is for her to wake up. I already started having a feeling of loneliness.

I was lost in my thoughts when I suddenly heard the door open. I saw dad on the door, he thanked a nurse and came in. Finally! I was really happy to see him. I felt like almost fainting with no one with me.

Yeah, many relatives came, but they weren't able to stay for a long time. I needed a pillar to stand up straight, after all, it was my mom who died.

Andrew's POV

I saw Aaron looking really tired with red puffy eyes. It was clear that he had cried out his tear duct. I just couldn't believe that Adeline died and felt like crying my tear duct out too, but I couldn't. I had to stay strong for Abi and Aaron.

Poor Aaron looked so exhausted and like he would faint any minute. I couldn't have two of my kid's fainting.

The first thing I did was give Aaron a hug, which he gratefully accepted. After having a look at Abi and giving her a light kiss, I and Aaron not wanting to disturb her went to the cafe to talk. Aaron looked so distraught and he wouldn't even speak to me properly.

I was totally heartbroken, just like Aaron. I couldn't accept the fact that she died in an accident. A freaking accident. Adeline was the strongest woman I've ever know and the fact that a stupid Accident rook her life was just too much to handle.

She was the one and only love of my life!

We grabbed a seat by the window where we could have a full view of the busy Los Angeles. After a long time in silence, I asked my son about the things that took place earlier.

I heard everything my son told with tears in my eyes. I just couldn't control my tears. I loved Adeline so much. So so freaking much.

Aaron told me with sadness and guilt in his voice that Abi and Adeline went out in Adeline's SUV to drop Abigail at school. Aaron was supposed to drop her but she got up late and Aaron had an important surgery so Adeline decided to drop her off.

After dropping Abi, while Adeline drove home, she got a call from an anonymous number. So, she pulled over the car and took the call, according to the camera nearby.

In the middle of the call, a speeding truck lost control and hit her SUV and carried it away at least a mile before it came to a halt.

Passersby's called for an Ambulance and Adeline was actually alive when they found her trapped in the burning car but she died on the way to the hospital.

The driver was arrested. He said that the brakes of the truck stopped working. The vehicle was also in police custody right now. If it was a technical problem, the driver would be allowed to go but with a hefty fine.

This made me cry harder and also made me angrier. That dumbo escaped without a single scratch while my wife died.

She fucking died because an Idiot driver lost control of his vehicle. Is it fair? No, not at all.

Aaron's POV

Dad took in a deep breath before asking "what happened to Abi". I signed and continued "well, I went to pick her up from school and when she heard that mom...died she lost consciousness"

"and when she didn't wake after a few minutes I brought her here. She still hasn't woken up but the doctor said that she's alright. She just fainted because of the shock"

Dad looked glad after hearing that nothing serious was going on with Abi. We sat in a moment of silence, starting onto Los Angeles's tall skyscrapers.

We then decided to talk about the funeral but just as we started talking, a nurse interrupted us by telling us that Abi woke up and is hysterical and not letting anyone near her.

Obviously. Abi's a bit tough to control when she's angry or sad.

Dad followed me as I ran to my little sister's room and found her crying out loud for...mom. After noticing me, all she did was start crying more.

Thankfully she allowed me to go near him which is unusual because she likes to have her own space while in a bad book.

I sat by her and held her tight and I felt her melting in my arms. She looked at me with fearful eyes and it really broke my heart. She's so young to go through all this.

She sobbed into my shirt before finally noticing dad. The moment she saw him she stopped sniffling and ran to him. Dad lifted her up and gave her a hug before getting squeezed by Abi.

Dad was luckily able to calm her down completely by whispering sweet stuff and soon all she managed to do was let out hiccups.

She slowly turned towards me and asked 'is mom really dead'. What should I say? Yes?. I just couldn't believe the situation I was in. Thankfully dad handled it.

Right now I am so glad that dad came, otherwise, I would've had to tell poor Abi about the truth. I knew that she wouldn't take well and it would've ended up pretty bad.

I noticed dad's grip tightening over her little frail body as he chose the right words to use. After a lot of thinking he told "yes honey, mommy is dead but she is in a much happier place. She's in heaven and will always keep a watch for you from above..."

Uhh! She's not!

Poor Abi started wailing again like a 5-year-old. It broke my heart to see her cry like that. This time I took the liberty to comfort her and after around 20 minutes of giving her kisses and reminding her that she has me and dad, my mission was accomplished.

She stopped crying and a minute later was fast asleep with her hands clinging on to my neck. She felt so light even though she ate just as much as I do. She didn't look anywhere near an 11-year old, neither did she behave like one, sometimes.

After discharging her from the hospital, I sat Abi down in my car and then drove off home with dad.

On the way, I thought of how lucky I was to have both my parents with me while growing up while Abi had to lose mom at such a tender age. At least she has a dad. Right?

I made a promise to myself that I would love her and take care of her just like mom did. I'll be her mother and her brother. I'll protect her from anything and everything.

That is a promise!

I THINK...