A Bottle Of Wine

Abigail's POV

My blood boiled as I flung Aaron's iPhone at Uncle Caleb. How could he? Why does everyone do the same thing to me? At the same time? It's frustrating.

Uncle Caleb yelled "Abi, let me explain" as I shouted "how could you" to him. There is nothing to explain! He's having an affair, how could he explain that?

I've had enough. I just wanted to go back home and… snuggle with Aaron and cry my heart out. I just couldn't keep all the secrets to myself. It's just not fair on dad and Aunt Isabella. What they already know? They couldn't.

I stood there my eyes glaring at uncle Caleb, giving him a chance to explain. He stood in front of me trying to let out words as Veronica stood shocked at me. She knew Uncle Caleb was married and had kids. She's at fault too.

"How can you do this? I never thought of you as a family wrecker", I said turning towards Veronica. What a bitch she was and I just realized it.

"Abi, it's not how it seems like", they both said at the same time and looked at each other. How long have they spent dating? Seems like a long time considering the fact that they could say the same thing at the same time.

In frustration, I made my way to the exit telling them clearly that I was about to tell the whole world of their affair. I just can't keep it hidden. Uncle Caleb even yelled at me to stop but that wasn't what stopped me.

Just as I was about to open the door with my uncle following me, the door opened and in came… Mom. That bitch. There is no way she was the same that saw me grow up. She wasn't the loyal mom I once knew. Loyal to her parents, dad, and me.

'What is going on here', she asked, giving me a stern look, something she never does. Pushing her to the door frame, I turned back towards the room and said "I am gonna tell about both of you to everyone and especially daddy. I know you were the one who pushed him, mom. You didn't want me to tell him that you have been fucking that stupid Mason behind his back".

Mom looked at me dumbstruck as I continued. "And uncle Caleb, just so you know as far as I can tell, Aunt Isabella is gonna leave you when she hears about your affair". It was true though. In my dream earlier he visited us with veronica.

Saying this without giving it second thoughts, I found myself grunting and marching towards dad's room. Telling the truth to dear Aaron was what was in my mind but… I found myself being pushed towards the staircase, instead.

The entire corridor was empty and… gloomy. It was lit so shakily and there was an eerie atmosphere, which I hated so much. It gave me the feeling of being helpless.

When I tried to yell, I felt hands on my mouth. Strong arms gripped my face making it tough for me to even breathe letting The same dread pass through me. I had the same feeling when I woke up in the house where I was kept while I was kidnapped.

A second later I felt my feet lift up from the ground. I felt the person almost running to the elevator and pressing the button to the basement parking.

Just before the elevator door closed, I saw uncle Caleb outside… Then who was the person holding me? Uncle Caleb kicked at the elevator door and yelled "I swear I'll kill you if you hurt her".

Who? Wh-what did he mean? Thanks to the heavily reflective metal used to make the elevator, I could make out the reflection of the person holding me. Mason held me and mom was beside him… her hands wrapped around his.

Right then mom's phone rang and she let out a scowl when she saw who the caller was. "What the fuck do you want", she asked the caller. There were angry yells from the other side, which I couldn't hear but it was clear the person was angry.

"Caleb, if you help me, your affair can stay hidden. Trust me". "Ya ya, I won't hurt her", M.j om said before hanging up the call and letting out an 'idiot' under her breath.

The elevator moved faster than I thought, letting out a 'clink' as the door opened to the dark parking basement. Many cars were parked there, looking shiny and glossy even in the dim light.

The car we drove into the hospital, Mason's car, a silver Mercedes stood at a corner glistening as if it ruled all the other cars present. Pushing me in the back seat, Mason got into the driver's seat while mom sat beside him.

"Wh-what are you doing", I asked both of them but all I got was a 'shut up' from Mason. Hell no. What am I? A puppet to shut up.

I had a feeling that they wouldn't hurt me and the growing anger which was becoming visible by the second, finally exploded making me question Mason.

"You dumbass, how long have you been having an affair? Before her accident or just yesterday" but all he did was chuckle. So did mom but I wasn't having it.

"You fucking bastard, how long have you been fucking mom", I asked him. It was True I was angry and a tiny bit scared but I just had to know but I guess the way I asked was not good.

"Shut up Abi, unless you want a good whipping when we reach home", Mom threateningly told me. Okay, now that was not how mom spoke. She hated it when I got punished. There is literally no way she just told that.

Suddenly I realized that Aahana was missing. What if she left her at the hospital? Oh my god. Is she safe? I asked mom that and thankfully mom had the thought to give her to aunt Isabella for the night.

You must be wondering why I am so cheerful and not biting my nails. Well, it is because… I don't know. It doesn't feel that scary. I mean come on, I got kidnapped for real and this feels like nothing. I am sitting in a car with my mom and her… boyfriend with the A/c on. I am not handcuffed or gabbed.

I have no idea why, but I spent the rest of the drive to god knows where silent. Mason drove so furiously. Worse than Aaron and for a moment I thought he was going to drive out of the country but… instead, we drove back home.

When the car came to a halt, I looked out of the window to make sure I was seeing right. Why did they bring me here? It's so confusing.

Opening the door, Mason grabbed my hand, very harshly I must say and yank me out of the car. Pushing me towards the front door as mom opened the door.

Mom said that she'd meet us upstairs as Mason pulled me up the stairs. He didn't even care that he was stepping on all the broken glass shards on the floor as he pulled me with his fingers biting into my skin.

Throwing open Dad and mom's door, he pushed me on the floor before switching on the light and to my surprise when he saw me holding my head trying to reduce the pain in my head from hitting the wall, he knelt beside me and asked me if I was hurt.

When I looked at him as if he was mad and nodded my head slowly, he even held my head searched for what I think was a bleed, and when he couldn't find any bump or blood, he comfortingly rubbed my head trying to lessen the pain.

What?

But he got up the moment he heard mom come up the stairs. Mom walked in with a bottle of wine and two cups. What the hell?

But she placed it on the desk and went towards the closet. Dad's closet. She searched for a while then glanced back at me and after a moment… took out one of dad's belts. A thick black leather belt.

As I looked at her with fear and confusion in my eyes, I noticed that Mason's expression was pretty much the same.

I thought she was gonna hit me but instead… she handed over the belt to Mason.