Danger

Aaron's POV

As I was driving back to the hospital, the words that one of Brandon's mates told me and dad before being taken to prison came over my mind again and again...

He told "our mate died because of that b**ch... she'll never make it out of the hospital alive"...."who knows.. she might be dead right now"... I so badly wanted to see if Abi was fine...!!

I had a really bad feeling in my gut as me and dad were going to the 23th floor in the elevator.... you know when your instinct tells you that something is not right.. well..!! When I told dad that..he shooed me off telling i was just being paranoid..!! But my instinct was proved right when I found Abi...!!

Or.. an unresponsive Abi...Dr. Rhodes was performing CPR on my little sister.. while a nurse was intubating her...!!

I went inside only to be shoved out by a nurse..after almost 8 minutes of resuscitation she finally came back..but was unconscious and I found myself yelling at Rhodes asked him about my little sister.. afterall he was the one who was with her... !! He should've known what happened..or..or maybe...he himself did something!!

He said he injected a medicine because her BP was low..like really really low.. but soon after injecting the medication she fell into a cardiac arrest.. i was so certain that there was some sort of foul play.. I mean..come on.. that guy in the court said she might be dead.. it just can't be a coincidence..!! I was really suspicious and me and dad requested a blood test..and after 20 minutes of waiting..our suspicion came true...as I expected there was a high level of cyanide in her body..!! Cyanide causes a cardiac arrest and can kill a person in a few seconds !!..like literally in the blink of a eye.. !!

It was clear that, that ba**ard Rhodes wanted her dead..!! Dad was also shocked by the test results.. and it ended up in a huge physical fight between me and Rhodes..who is my age..!! When I confronted him.. he said that he didn't do anything.. he said that he told one of the nurses to bring the syringe and medicine.. but unfortunately for him.. I was not buying it.. he could've just swapped the bottles and injected Cyanide.. no one would know..!!

And after asking him almost a 100 times about who told him to kill her...I literally lost it when he told he dad no idea what I was talking about so I threw in a punch to his gut..he yelped in pain but before I could do anything else.. security separated us both and placed me into the doctor's lounge to cool down... I coudn't cool down even after dad came in and tried to comfort me..I ended up calling the chief police.. who told me that he is headed our way..and that we could talk face to face....!!

27 minutes later he came...and I immediately filled him with all the information... he said he coudn't take action without any proof..and when he found out that there were no CCTV's in the icu.. he said that it would be tough to find out the truth... but.. but.. they would investigate and find the truth soon...and that for safety reasons he would assign a cop outside her room!!

He also added that if I get physical with someone again.. he might have to arrest me...bullshit...that Rhodes tried to kill my little sis.. but no.. the officer would arrest me instead of him....!!

After he headed off the speak to Rhodes and the other nurses and doctors..I went to the "Health Care Chief Executive" and requested him to assign someone else to handle Abi's case..to which he said "Okay.. thankfully.. because I was not in the mood to punch my boss...!!

After our conversation.. I went to see dad who was with Abi.. he looked lost in seeing her that he didn't even hear me coming..when he finally noticed me.. I saw that he was crying.. I felt bad for him, seeing your daughter in such a condition is not a easy task...!!

I spent a few minutes with her.. and when we were gonna leave, the newly assigned doctor came.. who thankfully was Kevin.. He said that he would do an overall checkup and would update us with the results..!!

I was happy that Kevin was assigned.. he is a trustavke person and his son Zac is Abi's official "Boyfriend".. I didn't like the idea of letting her date.. but what is the worst thing they can do??...  kiss..!!

Instead of going home.. me and dad went to Uncle Caleb's home and filled uncle and aunt about earlier... and after a light dinner we all went to sleep...!!

Andrew's POV

I was in a deep sleep when at around 4 am I got a call from the hospital.. I immediately woke up and took the call.. some nurse  spoke.. and she told me to come to the hospital ASAP..

I didn't want to wake up Aaron because he didnt sleep at all for the past few days and I didnt want to disturb him when he was finally sleeping peacefully.. after throwing on some Jean's and a t shirt I literally took two steps ar a time and ran downstairs to be greeted by Caleb.. he was working  on his laptop at literally 4 in the morning.. who does that ??.. after telling him about the call he told me to get the car out of the garage and that he would meet me in 3 minutes...!!

In 5 minutes.. I found myself sitting next to Caleb as he drove furiously..!! All the worst case scenarios came into my mind as I fidgeted..I was ready to cry but somehow managed to control my emotions..!!

After reaching the hospital, we took the elevator and made our way to the 23th floor.. and then rushed to Abi's room.. only to find it empty..and I also saw the blood stain on the bedsheets..!!

The first though was if someone tried to kill her.. but it coudn't happen because there was a cop outside the door.. I came out to the hallway and asked the nurse about where my little kid is..!

She told us that she was in the operating theatre..in the 3rd floor.. and once again in the last 5 minutes I found myself in the elevator..  this time my heart was racing faster that the speed of the elevator..!!

After reaching 3rd floor..and asking about which theatre she was in.. I barged my way inside theatre 5.. I cod do that because I work in the same hospital and my fingerprint in verified..!!

But I was pulled out by Caleb.. and soon the cardiologist came out..he told....
"Abi's chest tube clotted up and she also suffered another much severe cardiac arrest....we were able to bring her back...but.. her heart is really weak..and she would survive only with a heart transplant"

Hi Guys..!!

How was this chapter ??

Do you think Rhodes tried killing her ??

Do you think Abi will survive ??

Do you like this chapter ??

Do you like this book ??

Comment below and let me know your answers !!

And also vote if you love this book !!