The Movie

Abigail's POV

It's been an entire week since I fell down the stairs and broke my wrist. I've spent the last week idle. I'm just too bored and the fact that I'm still grounded doesn't make it any better.

I always loved painting and doing craft stuff but without mom to encourage me and point out my mistakes and stuff I could improve on, I found myself tearing everything I drew into tiny bits of pieces.

In fact, everything I do which I used to do with mom, seemed boring and I felt uninterested towards it. One of the things was cooking. Me and mom used to cook a lot. She was an amazing cook and everyone in our family is, except dad.

He's just been away too long to learn cooking perfectly. He's missed out on so much good family stuff. He's missed my piano recitals, my award days, my elementary school graduation. He was hardly there in my life.

Anyways, today's dad's turn to stay at home with me. I really hope that some important stuff comes up for him and he leaves me home alone. I really need some alone time. It's really tough being watched 24/7.

If it happens, I would get a chance to watch a movie or two. Maybe in Aaron's laptop as I know his password. I might even watch that movie. What is it called… yeah "50 shades of grey".

I came downstairs just as Aaron was leaving for work. He gave a hurried kiss and drove off. Meanwhile, dad fixed me some cereal. Fruit loops were my favorite cereal but dad said that they were too sugary and that I'd be hyperactive the entire day.

So instead I got a bowl of muesli and milk. To be honest it wasn't too bad, just bland but healthy. As I ate and dad had a cup of coffee, dad got a call.

I knew it had something to do with him coming to the hospital and my thoughts were proved right when he ended the call by saying "I'll be right there. Make sure she's stable enough".

Dad noticed my grinning face and gave me a glare before calling Aaron. Thankfully my brother didn't pick up the call and left dad with no choice but to leave me HOME ALONE.

Without even time to take a shower, he ran out into the car and drove off but not without giving me a "do and don't do" lecture.

I made sure he went down the street before and ran into Aaron's room and took out his laptop. His Macbook Pro was a gift from dad for his birthday a month ago.

I strolled through the 'movie's' folder but couldn't find the movie I was looking for. I lost all Hope until I thought maybe I could search it up. So I typed '50 shades of grey' on the search button and BAM! It showed up.

I switched on the movie before running down to grab some drinks and a packet of chips and popcorn. What's better than that. Huh?

During the intro, I wondered why it's not meant for kids, after all, what harm is there in the 50 shades of the color grey. Then I realized that maybe it had something to do with black magic or witchcraft.

I never imagined that the movie was a romantic one with a lot of adult stuff in it. It was yucky and disgusting… but I continued watching it.

That's yucky? Just wait and see.

Almost at the end of it, the door opened, and in came Aaron. Shit!, I thought as I closed the movie.