Not-Normal

Abigail's POV

Out of the corner of my eyes, I could make out the figure of a woman looking at me. Blonde hair and dark brown eyes, her reflection feel on the glass panels of the door leading into the building. I have no idea what her problem is. Does she hate me or something?

Or maybe she knows me? I don't remember seeing her anywhere... did I harm her? Then why the hell is she spying on me? Oh right, I guess she's scared to come to speak out to me.

Maybe she belongs to my life the past year. Adam had a juicy story to tell me about the one year I don't remember but I have doubts if she has anything to with the past year.

This lady, whom Adam told was Shaila, supposedly got hit by a car and was left lying on the highway in California. The cops found her injured with supposed amnesia and brought her here for treatment.

I know that I don't remember a lot about last year but one thing's for certain, I've never seen her anywhere. She's such a peculiar human. Her blond hair doesn't suit her wheatish skin tone at all. She looks like a complete maniac looking like that and the amount of makeup she wore.

Boy, it's the amount of makeup my mom wears in a year. But through those thick layers of foundation, a scar was visible. Adam told me that it was knife slash or something like that. It required 7 stitches. That's the only thing I pity about her, her facial feature is beautiful but those stitches... it changes her entire look.

I guess with only adam to speak to and occasionally Aaron and the nurse, I started to spend my time studying things. For example blonde's face. She seems to be everywhere I go. She's not far behind when I,m taking a stroll in the garden. She,s there when I went to the library, a huge library I must say. It was so hard to read with her looking straight at me.

This place unexpectedly feels like a home to me. I don't know why but it does. One thing I wanted so badly before my birthday was to spend some time outside our house. A trip to Texas with Aaron was at the top of my list. I was so scared of losing him after his marriage with Mitchelle that I sort of hated her.

But I guess it doesn't matter now, according to Adam Mitchelle was just a mole. She came into our house to fix cameras and hack our electronics and make Aaron gain her trust. She never loved him but... Aaron did. We used to talk about her Every night before bed, that is if Aaron came home before my bedtime. He'd usually be busy in the hospital or with Mitchelle on a date.

Wait a minute. Now that I'm thinking, I guess I wanted to get out of the house so badly because of mom. Mom suddenly became extremely bossy. She started forgetting stuff like my school exhibition. She was supposed to make cookies for my team. I had to call her and remind her that after my friends started getting impatient.

At last, she arrived with store brought cookies.

I was so angry with her that day but she didn't seem sorry at all. She did not once say sorry. Instead, she shut me up and said that she's working day and night for me. It wasn't her fault that she forgot something. So mean, right?

And then it was 7 days to my birthday party. It was supposed to be a galaxy themed party. We both went o home decor to get the party appliances and because they weren't in stock, we preordered them. And guess what? She lost the pre-order receipt. She is so organized that dad thought she had OCD and yet she lost the receipt, ruining my mood.

I ended up having a unicorn party instead. Those were the only supplies left when we went for the last minute shopping. Gosh, it was so embarrassing! I felt like a freaking 5-year-old.

Then lastly on my birthday, she ruined it. At least that's how dad explained it. 'Sorry, Abi. So sorry for ruining your birthday like this'.

ON my birthday, before the guests arrived, we were sitting on the sofas in the living room. Mom came in carrying a tray with glasses of drinks for the guests, Dad suddenly stood up and went over to her and helped her but when he leaned over to give mom a little kiss, something which is normal, mom hesitated.

I remember clearly dad placing a hand on mom and then bending forward slowly and BAM, mom slapped him. Dad looked shocked while mom looked down and then ran away.

I nor mom saw dad for months. her slapping dad saddened me. I never thought of mom to be that kind of a woman, you know in tv and stuff when a lady lashes out at her husband or boyfriend then walks away with a tight slap.

He must've seen the confused and angry look on my face and decided to apologize.

And then guests started arriving one by one and I guess I forgot about what happened. It wasn't a huge deal. Mom must've been angry with dad for a mistake... Afterall its dad we are talking about. He makes a lot of mess. He once brought home Ordinary brown sugar instead of organic brown sugar and mom chewed him out for a good 10 minutes.

At last, he was forced to go back to the store anf=d get organic brown sugar. Afterall wives always win.

It was pretty normal for them to have small fights here and there but now that I think about it, it doesn't seem normal. Mom wasn't acting like herself at all for a week before my birthday.

It was as if a person with a whole new personality was in our house.

HALLO GUYS,

I GUESS I JUST CAN'T STAY AWAY FROM MY BOOK... HOPE THIS CHAPTER WAS GOOD. BTW DO YOU GUYS HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS CHAPTER? IS IT INTERESTING? IS IT CHILLY? IS IT GOOD? IS IT MYSTERIOUS ENOUGH?

I THINK I'M BACK TO WRITING GOOD CHAPTERS. 

SO, LIKE ALWAYS, DO VOTE AND COMMENT.

AND I ALMOST FORGOT, THIS BOOK IS GONNA REACH 60K READS SOON. YAAY. NEVER BEEN HAPPIER. THANK YOU ALL FOR READING THIS BOOK. THIS AMAZING JOURNEY WOULD'VE NEVER BEEN CONTINUED IF IT WERENT FOR YOU'ALL. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART.

STAY SAFE,

XOXO