Album

Abigail's POV

The next day, I spent the morning pondering over the creepy nightmare I had. Dad suddenly snapped his fingers in front of my face and told me to stop daydreaming and start eating before the food gets cold.

For once I didn't care about the hot and crispy chicken breast and the scrambled eggs laid in front of me . I had to find mom. She's in danger and I am the only one who could possibly help her.

After the dream, I have more questions that need to be answered, immediately. Who was the lady in the white dress? What did she mean by "they will kill her like they killed me". And who are "they"?

After a really silent breakfast, dad reminded me that I have to go to Grandpa and grandma's house. My mom's parents's house is about a 3 hour drive from our house.

Honestly, I didn't wanna go there. It's not that I don't like them or something, I just wanna stay home, get comfortable and search for clues that lead me to mom.

But, I had to go there. So, half heartedly I packed my bag which had my iPhone and my ipad and a book and obviously a few clothes and toiletries. I also threw in a few snacks because I would need them on the very long ride there.

Aaron drove me there. On the way, we listened to around 37 songs before we got tired of listening to them. We then chatted about.. stuff. Finally, by the time we reached I had body cramps. 

I guess I am not healed. At Least not completely for now. One thing that stood out to me was the black car a few houses down my grandparents house.

It reminded me of the car that stood outside our house countless times. Brandon's car.. but thousands of people have black cars. right?

Aaron didn't stay for more than 10 minutes because he had "important" work to do. As far as I know, he and Mitchelle are hanging out today and I guess by important he meant them both having a hot and sweaty session of making out. Eww.

My grandparent's welcomed me with tight hugs and hundreds of kisses. They are really kind people. They had 3 kids.. and 1 died. Brandon and Mom are alive but I'm scared that mom might die too if j don't butt in.

They had a daughter, Christina who fell from the terrace and died. In simple ways, she vomited suicide. As far as I've heard, she was so beautiful like my mom but sadly she died. 

I was escorted to the guest room which was made especially for me because when I was small, I used to spend a lot of time in their house. My grandpa used to teach me to play the piano while I learnt to paint from my grandma.

I was gonna stay there for 2 days, which I think is not a bad idea because they've been through alot lately. They still think 2 of their kids are dead. It must be really hard for them to know that their son is a bastard and their daughter was murdered by them.

While grandma helped me with the unpacking, I thought of how happy they would be to see their little girl again. I wondered what the little reunion would be like.

After nearly arranging all my clothes in the cupboard, we had lunch which was garlic bread and chilli chicken which wasn't that spicy because I am not allowed to eat spicy hot food. Then, for dessert we had grandma Becky's world famous brownies with oreos and ice cream.

Lunch was so good that bvb I ate so much that I started feeling drowsy and soon fell asleep on the couch watching the movie 'Rampage'. During the sound sleep I had, the only thing I dreamt about was the ape "George" from the movie. 

It was cute though. Me and George were in the wildlife sanctuary where I was sitting on him while he read me a story. The dream left me with the task of begging dad for a little monkey but I knew the answer would be "no".

Maybe.. I could ask mom when I find her. She owes me for saving her life. Right?

When I woke up, I found myself in the master bedroom with grandma right by my side. She was on her phone speaking to someone but immediately cut the call when she saw me awake and looking at her.

That night, we had corn on the cob and steaks under the light of the moon, by the pool. Later, we played a few rounds of yahtzee and then around 3 rounds of Cards before having the nighttime drink. I had cold coffee and chocolate while the two oldies had a cup of tea.

Then, it was time for bed. So, we all snuggled into the huge bed. Not to mention a really comfy bed and moments later I was fast asleep thinking about floating on a piece of steak and doing flips in a sea of clouds and cotton candy.

The next day was mostly spent in the basement because grandpa and grandma were moving to their own house by the beach. They lived in this house because of grandpa's work. 

He was a doctor like every single person in our family. You know the worst part, I am scared of doctors! They finally decided to move back to their own house, which is twice the size of this house.. but the bad part was, the house is really near to the place I was held captive in.

Well, maybe I should overcome my fears. I am a strong kid and a past experience is not gonna frighten me.

As I was saying, we spent the day going through tons of boxes and sorting out stuff that needs to be thrown away, donated or to be kept.

One thing I learnt was old people have a lot of stuff. Mostly rubbish. Like a phone with a white connected to it and a TV with a weird box behind it and don't even get me started on the laptop. It was so bulky and nasty looking.

Aaron's laptop is thin enough to fit in in the pocket inside his suit. Did I mention that he looks amazing and hot in a suit? Even the white doctor's coat looks good on him.

Okay, as we were sorting the 1000 year old stuff in the basement, someone decided to visit my grandpa and grandma, leaving me alone in the basement. 

After some time, I got bored of staying there, so I took a few steps to climb up the stairs only to reopen a box and fall down. I hurriedly got up with so much pain in my knee and managed to pick out the fallen contents and put it back into the box.

After doing that, as I was going upstairs, I looked around the brightly lit basement and suddenly my eyes landed on a book under the grand mahogany table.

My first thought was, why the hell does the book have a photo of a skull on it. I slowly bent and picked up the book and when I opened it, it said 'album'. 

Hmm.. as I went through the photos, I was shocked. I was bewildered. I was horrified.

The first picture was of two identical girls

The first picture was of two identical girls. My mom and her… twin sister. They looked so stylish.. but that doesn't matter now.

Hi guys,
Hopefully this chapter made up for my last chapter which was really small and also for the lack of updates in the past 2 weeks.

I hope you found this chapter interesting and as always, I am waiting to hear what you think of this chapter.