freakin' law

Abigail's POV

I was tied in a chair and I was still in my hospital gown. Dad and Aaron were blindfolded in a corner of the room. The room was so dark and sultry and suddenly the door opened and in came "Brandon". That f**king bastard was carrying a gun in his hand. He went straight to dad and Aaron and shot both of them In the head and then..then he came to me, before he could do anything.....

I woke up screaming.I was glad it was a dream. I was still i the ICU and I was alone. A really fierce fear too over me. The beeping notices the machine made sounded like gun shots to me. In fear I started pulling out all the tubes connecting me to the machines. The moment I removed some of the machines started beeping like crazy and a lot of blood started flowing out of the places where the tubes were poked inside me..i got scared and tried to get up but I coudnt..

Really soon Brandon and his 3 mates came in..I began throwing stuff at them and yelling on top of my voice to leave me alone.. but somehow they came closer and caught me..and someone injected something in me.. and I felt myself slowly falling asleep..

Andrew's POV

Me, Aaron and two doctors were outside Abi's room talking about her condition when suddenly we heard the machines in her room beeping like crazy. Obviously we all went inside and found Abi cying and most of the tubes were laying unattached. The moment she saw us she started screaming at us to get away and she also started throwing stuff at us.. thankfully they were the get well soon cards and some teddy bears..

One of the doctors managed to grab her and pin her down while the other one injected "lorazepam". It is used to calm a patient and put them into a deep sleep..and as expected she feel asleep within a few seconds..

After the doctors pricked the tubes into her. They restrained her and when I asked why, they replied that it could be life threatening if she pulls out all the lines and tubes..she needs medicines continuously it else would have an organ failure..and other stuff..!!

Me and Aaron were also told to consult a psychiatrist for her behaviour. They were certain that she was not emotionally stable and could actually harm someone because of it. I knew she wouldn't do something like that. There was no way she could loose control of herself. She is a really strong character.

On our way home, I got a call from the police saying that "Brandon committed suicide and died" I was shocked to hear it. I was told that he stabbed himself in he ear with a sharp object. I wanted to really watch him die in pain but looks like that is not possible. The date of their execution was to be planned in three days. Looks like that Bastard got scared of being killed.

3 days passed really slowly.... the next time I saw Abi she was awake and was really silent. When asked why she replied "Brandon will come kill us all" and when she was told that he died. She said 'then his ghost will come kill us all'.. I and Aaront tried us best to not laugh but somehow managed to let out a chuckle..we stopped after the dangerous glare that my little kid gave us...

The next day.. for the first time in months.. she took her first bite of food.. which was soup from the hospital cafe as she coudn't eat solid food.. by the look of her face it was clear that she didn't like it. Abi is really picky when it comes to food..But after Dr.Rhodes.. who is the doctor handling her case told her that he would allow her to have a poscicles if she finished the entire bowl.. she finally obeyed and drank it..and as a reward she got a popsicle..!!

The next day..Aaron made his really famous "cream of chicken and mushroom soup". To tell you the truth I hate it but Abi loves it..
Today Aaron decided to feed her, afterall it's his handiwork. Abi had a huge smile after the first sip, and she finished the entire soup in less than 10 minutes. Which is great considering that she was laying down and not sitting straight.

The next day was the three guy's persecution and we were supposed to be present there.. so we coudnt be with Abi but Dr. Rhodes who loves kids a lot and has made some sort of special attachment with Abi told us that he would give her company while we were gone. It was really sweet of him because he is a really busy person.

When we reached the place.. a surprise waited us..the execution was cancelled because..Abi was alive..seriously.. I felt like wringing the judge's neck.. she almost died.. and there is no certainaity that she would be stable later.. even if she is a bit okay now.. !!

And when our family opposes.. that judge whose name was some.. Carter.. said that according to the law book a person can be executed only when the victim dies.. that was the stupidest rule ever.. I opposed saying that.. Abi's life is ruined for the rest of her life.. it is almost as if she is physically alive but mentally dead...!!

I was know she looks fine outside.. but being her father I knew that she hurts a lot.. deep down in her heart.. she's just not showing it outside.. her eyes used to be icy blue.. now all I could see was fear and sadness and pain... it felt like it would've been better if she was dead.. she would not feel any pain or sorrow.. but then if she died.. we would've dies too... literally died...!!

The court's final judgement was that the tree of them would be spending the remainder of their lives in prison...!! I was angry.. their list of infractions was so so long...they even tried to kill her.. freaking kill her and all they get is life long imprisonment.. they get to eat and sleep and enjoy.. while Abi would take forever to heal from the trauma.. it would literally take forever to trust a person.. and all th medical complications... she would have to take medications for the rest of her life and all the bruises in her body will take forever to heal.. even though the physical wounds would heal.. what about the ones In her mind.. she is just 11.. she has a long life to live.. she would remeber it every single minute of her life...!!

The only thing we could do was help her.. and pray that she would heal and be her normal self again and The jolly and care free nature in her should come back again..!!

Hallo guys..!!
Sorry for not updating in the last 24 and hours....I've had tons of assignment to do and I totally forgot about it when I drowned myself to write the last few chapters...!! I promise I'll update soon.. if I can !!

And.. comment below what you think of this chapter.. and also vote...(if you liked it)..!!