The Aftermath

Abigail's POV

It's been around two days since mom died. Yesterday was her funeral. I noticed that dad and Aaron acted tough and strong but I knew that it was only for me, and inside they were heartbroken. Heartbroken just like I am.

I was the total opposite, I couldn't stop crying while she was buried. She was so pale and had so many bruises on her face. The mere sight of it made me cry.

I remembered all the times when she sang me songs and told me stories before bed. Her cooking was amazing. In fact, everything about her is, well was amazing. She was the best mom one could ever get but… I lost her.

After the funeral, a lot of people came home to pay their condolences and we also got a lot of calls. Grandpa and grandma from both sides came to our house. Mom's parents cried so much because she was their only child. Their other daughter killed herself years back.

So sure about that. Huh?

Even I miss mom a lot and I prayed sincerely and hoped that this whole thing was just a big long crazy nightmare but it wasn't. It was all true and really crazy.

I officially don't have a mom. I am motherless. I don't have anyone to cook, read, sing, sleep, give me cuddles. Most importantly I don't have anyone to call 'mom's nor anyone to love me as mom did.

My one and only mom died and I swore when I see the person who caused her death, I'll definitely ask him 'why'. 'Why the fuck did your truck loose control'.

I've been spending almost my entire time locked up in my room and when dad said that he wanted to talk to me, I hesitantly obeyed him and went downstairs.

I found Aaron and Mitchell, Aaron's girlfriend sitting on the sofa and I took a seat in between them. They both were really good people. It was as if they were made for each other.

Hmm... Doubtful about that.

Anyways, Dad spent an hour talking to his boss and then got another call and started talking again. He hardly noticed we were present and continued talking.

Meanwhile, my patience grew lower and lower. I was afraid that I might burst if no one talks or at least notices me.

Aaron's POV

Dad just finished speaking to his boss. He was the chief medical surgeon at the army hospital in Washington. Dad's boss surprisingly agreed to let dad go saying that he needed his family and his kids needed their father.

Even dad was surprised because he was basically the head of the entire hospital and it was really tough to get a new administrative person qualified enough to run a hospital.

I could tell that Dad was really really happy that he could finally come back home and spend quality time with his family. After all, he loved us a lot

I was happy too, to hear that he could come home because, well, I missed him a lot all these years and because I knew it would be tough and almost impossible to take care of an 11-year-old alone. I'm just 22 and have no idea about raising a kid let alone a naughty 11-year-old pre-teen. You know what I am talking about right Periods, Tampons, boyfriends, mood swings, etc. etc.

The most important thing was the "boyfriend's" part. There is no way I am gonna let my little sister date. But if I don't allow her to date, she would date behind my back. Just like I did but I was around 13 years old.

I was also wondering if Abi will be fond of this idea even though she loves us both, both of us dad is kinda strict and I'm very overprotective and even though she won't admit it, she is scared of both of us.