Regrets

Aaron's POV

I was 10 minutes away when Abi called me frustrated. I calmly replied to her yelling to stop worrying and that I'd reach her school in 10 minutes and pick her up when suddenly... I heard tires screeching from the other end.

I heard something drop, then a small squeal and then the screeching of tires and then finally the sound of a vehicle moving. Fast.

When I yelled at her to talk to me, I didn't get a response and I felt my heart racing. I was so damn sure that she got hit by a car and got injured. I sincerely hoped that someone helped her up or at least gave her first aid.

What if she's seriously hurt? What if she hit her head? Oh my God, what if she's bleeding too much?

In despair, I called the principal, Joel who is also my friend and told him about what happened. I also let out an ear-piercing yell at him to find her and give her first aid.

If only she's there. Right?

It was a huge relief when I saw myself bearing myself 5 her school but the moment was short-lived because I got stuck in a traffic jam.

Two guys met with an accident and created a nice commotion in the middle of the road, wasting my precious time. I had to get to my little sister. What if she bleeds out to unconsciousness?

I would never be able to forgive myself if something bad happened and dad will never forgive me either. It was me who got delayed. I was the one making love with Mitchelle and totally lost track of time. 

I even lied to Abi saying that I had some hospital work. Oh.god, please keep her safe till the time I get to her.

If only you knew where she was...

Honking like a maniac, I made my way through the traffic jam. My 'doctor' sticker on my car made it easier to make my way through the jam and soon I found myself on the freeway to Abi's school.

With different thoughts running in my head, I made a sharp right into her school's parking lot only to find the staff running back and forth. My heart dropped that moment as I knew something bad had happened. She got severely injured!

What?! No!

I ran inside the building, not even stopping to listen to the teacher's words. I ran right into the principal's office hoping to see Abi there but she wasn't. Only Joel was.

I hurriedly asked him if she's in the medical center but Joel nodded his head no, while a phone and a bag caught my attention.

Abi's phone and the bag were on Joel's table but… where is Abi?

A teacher entered the cabin without knocking, with a piece of cloth dangling from her hand. It looked wet. Snatching it from her, I smelt it and immediately felt drowsy. I was sure it was Chloroform.

That's when it struck me that Abi got kidnapped. My little sister got kidnapped.

Not being able to accept it, I asked the staff, who gathered in the room by then, if they checked the bathrooms and all the labs and stuff and when they said that they'd checked every nook and corner, my heart sank.

How could this happen? It's all my fault and I couldn't stop blaming me. If only I picked her up in time. I swear I'm never gonna have sex again. Ever. I just want my baby sister back.

I yelled at Joel to call the cops. How the fuck can a kid get kidnapped in broad daylight from a school. Huh?

I slowly walked outside where the sun was slowly setting.  Sat on the bench. The small bench in which Abi and… Zac sat yesterday afternoon.

I felt my heart letting out cries and wheals in pain. With my head buried in my hand, for the first time in a while I let out a tear. A single teardrop for my little sister.

I can't lose her just like I lost mom. Losing mom was so painful but losing Abi is like losing my life. I just can't live without my naughty, cute, prankster, cunning, angelic, and loving sister.

Hesitantly, I called dad. I was so scared to tell him the news. After all I am the one at fault here. He'd literally peel my skin off if he heard that his daughter got kidnapped because his irresponsible son wanted to have sex with his girlfriend.

He didn't pick up my call and I tried once again but he still didn't.

Losing hope, I sobbed loudly. This can't be happening. I can't lose my little sister!

Andrew's POV

I came out of the theater after a really complex surgery and walked straight into the doctor's room where I found the doctors watching the news on the TV.

I didn't give attention to it until I heard the reporter say '11-year-old Abigail, from grade 6 was kidnapped at broad daylight from Westcoast private school on NH 15".

I almost passed out after yelling 'what' startling my fellow doctors. What the hell? I tried my best to keep repeating that it's some other Abigail that got kidnapped but… when a photo of her was shown on the screen, I felt all hopes vanishing.

Hurriedly I checked my phone and found 3 missed calls from Aaron and about 100 calls from unknown numbers who might be the media or the police.

The only thing I could think of was to go find Aaron. So that's what I did. I hurriedly got down to the basement and roared out of the hospital in my car. On the way, I called Aaron only to find out that his phone was switched off.

What the hell happened? How did she get kidnapped? Why? In broad daylight? I needed someone to tell me what was going on.

I almost had a panic attack driving furiously to Abi's school which was 30 minutes away from the hospital. I need answers and I need them now.

With sweat flowing down my head, I reached the school and made a sharp right into the parking lot, which was filled with police cars and dogs.

I saw Aaron by a bench with his bead in his hand while Joel tried comforting him.

But, before I could get violent with Joel, after all, it's his school and a kid, my kid got kidnapped from there in broad daylight two cops came to me and started asking me questions.

Do you have any suspicion? Do you think she ran away from home? Did you receive any threats? Did you get any call for ransom? Did 5he kidnapper contact you? Send you any messages? Anyth8ng you want us to know?

And only after I answered all their questions did I realize that I won't be able to kiss her goodnight, tonight. I wouldn't be able to tuck her in. I wouldn't be able to tell her to eat with her mouth closed tonight.

Why would someone kidnap her? She's the sweetest kid ever… oh no… no-no-no. This can't be happening. I just realized what the last thing I said to her was.

"I don't even want to look at you…". My little baby got kidnapped and she must be thinking, it's a good thing that I got kidnapped. Dad has a huge load off his shoulders.

Oh my god! Why did I not forgive her? I have no idea where she is. I don't even know if she's alive? Did she eat? Is she comfortable? Is she warm enough? What if she has bad dreams?

I regret telling that to her. What if they kill her? I'd never be able to tell her sorry and I'd be guilty for the rest of my life. No… I can't live without her. I'd die if she dies too.

I tried my best to take my mind off the negative thoughts but one thing was for sure. If those people, whoever they were even touch my little girl, I swear I'll chop their hands off.