Painful Truth

Abigail's POV

What? No way. How can Aahana be dad and mom's kid? Mom was in the basement for a year. it's totally impossible but. It means that dad saw mom while she was kept hostage.

It means dad was involved with all the drama. Even Aaron looked baffled. Looks like his suspicion came true. 

Before either, of us, could say something, dad spoke. "Guys, how about we all sit down and I and Adeline were tell you the whole story."

Oh...okay. I sat next to Aaron on the comfy sofa. He had a protective arm wrapped around me as if afraid that someone would harm me.

 Just when I thought everything went back to normal… all this shit had to happen. Why can't I have a single day without all this stuff? A single day of rest.

"See… as you all know, I was in Washington for a lot of time and the day of Abi's birthday, I paid a visit here", dad spoke.

"That night, I and Adeline had a fight and she decided to sleep alone. I really wanted to sleep with her… I obviously had desires and stuff and I just couldn't do it with someone else"

"So, in the middle of the night, I went to take a walk in the backyard when I heard voices from the gazebo. I entered it and found Mitchelle… and Brandon. That piece of shit ran off when he saw me and yeah, Mitchelle was staying at our house for a night"

"She pleaded with me to not call the cops on her and Brandon. I refused until… she said that she'd fulfil my desires and in return… I have to keep the secret about Brandon and Michelle, to myself."

"I was also a bit drunk that night and that's why I… slept with her. What I didn't know was that that bitch took a video of everything."

"Later when I found out about Adeline's death, I suspected her parents and Brandon and Michelle's hand in it. That's why I went to their home and confronted them… in return, I was shown the video of me and Michelle."

"I was told that they were the one who planned the accident. and if I went to the cops, they would upload the video online and charge cases against me for rape and forced sexual assault"

"So… I kept quiet. I didn't know that Adeline was still alive. Until one day I was called to their house and was shown, Adeline. She was, thankfully untouched. That day, I beard Brandon talk to his friends about… doing stuff with Adeline"

"There was no way she's gonna get pregnant with someone else's kid. So… I bought condoms. Women condoms. That way even if they r-ra-rape her. She'd be safe from pregnancy and STDs"

"I kept my mouth closed until… Abi got kidnapped. I went to the police but none of them believed my story. I let it go and spent time taking care of Abi until one day I was called back to the house."

" I was given some time with Adeline, alone. That's when she said that she was being forced to take pregnancy tests but it always came back negative"

"I don't know why they want her to get pregnant but… it was important to them. So, that day we made love without condoms… and soon, she was said to be pregnant"

Sadly, after that Aaron took me upstairs saying that I didn't have to listen more of that shit. Even Aaron was shocked. Daddy cheated on mom. He fucking cheated. 

How could he do that? He also let me suffer because of the fact that he couldn't handle all the shame if the video went viral. 

I was on the verge of tears. The fact that they wanted mom to get pregnant just because to kill the baby kept coming into my mind. How cruel would that be?

I just couldn't believe that dad did that and those dumb cops, why the fuck did they not believe him? If they believed him, mom could've been saved earlier. 

And… I wouldn't have had to go all through that. I can't believe dad chose his social status over his family. 

I almost felt as if I shouldn't have found mom in the first place. Everything happened because of her. Why did she have to save caroline? But… if she didn't, I wouldn't have Aaron with me.

Speaking of Aaron, he stood next to me in the balcony of his room. My dear brother slowly rubbed his hand over my back and it actually soothed me. Only for a while though.

I soon felt cold standing out on the balcony and made my way inside Aaron's cosy room. Aaron followed me inside and for the first time spoke up.

"Hey, kiddo. It's alright. Dad made a mistake and I'm sure he regrets it. He didn't know anything like this would happen"

All I could do was snort. I sort of yelled "Aaron, imagine that Mitchelle was not bad at all and dad fucked her, how would you feel"

"Stop that sweating, Abi. If he did, it also means that she's dishonest", Aaron said

I suddenly got confused who to believe. Grandma, grandpa had a bad secret. So does dad. The sad part was, I trusted both of them. I was so close to them.

Unexpectedly, I felt tears brimming my eyes. With weary eyes I told Aaron " for now, you're the only person I trust completely. ease tell me if you're hiding something. Any secrets? Just tell it out"

He thought for a minute and said "I think you're the best human ever. The best sister one could ever find".

Aww. I had to hug Aaron so I flung myself on him. It felt so good to be warm again and also I felt protectiveness radiating off him. At least I have someone whom I could totally trust and look up to.

Hey guys,
I don't know how this chapter is written. I know everything doesn't add up right. Does it?

So, anyways how was this chapter.
Did you like it?
Any questions?

And sadly... This book is coming to an end. At least I think it is.

Do u want me to continue it, if yes, in this book or write a sequel?

Flood the comments section with your answers, I don't mind it at all.

XOXO