Affairs

Andrew's POV

Slowly opening my eyes, I felt my eyes burning. I had a feeling that I was standing right in front of the Sun but that theory was proved wrong as I felt a little… soft tube wrapped around me and something hot and small. Probably a grilled sausage by my side.

After a full minute, I found that the tube was actually a hand. My little kid's hand. Turning my head around slowly, I felt this... sharp pain running down my body.

I could see a masculine figure on a chair on the right side and I had a feeling it was Aaron. I remember slipping on the staircase but nothing more than that. Oh. Wait, I remember Abi letting out a cry. 'Daddy', she said before I lost consciousness.

It was a dreading feeling knowing that you are gonna nap for a while and have no idea when you wake up. Somewhere in the corridor, I heard something fall on the ground and suddenly I felt the drowsiness take over me.

With pain shooting everywhere in my body, I managed to lie down on my side and wrap a hand around Abi's little figure. She needs to be protected if what I remember was actually true.

Having a tight grip on my little princess, I felt myself closing my heavy eyelids.

Abigail's POV

Oh god. A snake had its body wound up around my body. It was literally squeezing the life outta me. I felt myself struggling to breathe and suddenly... GASP.

I woke up from this crazy dream that took place in the middle of nowhere. Trying to get up and get a sip of water, I found myself tied to the bed. Ohh… maybe not. I realized that it was dad's huge and I must admit, safe hands around me.

Wait. Did he wake up? Why didn't anyone tell me this? I guess it doesn't matter.

Even though my head felt heavy and in dire need of sleep, I just couldn't find myself sleeping. I felt safe with dad's arm around me… but staying in the same position for who knows how while, is really body wracking.

Every time I closed my eyes to sleep but couldn't and opened my eyes, I came face to face with dad. His huge but soft and charming face was just millimeters away from mine but even though he looked peaceful, he wasn't.

Being so close to dad, I could feel this worried look on his face. His forehead was slightly branched and his eyes were shut so tight, probably in the hopes that it would keep the thought of 'that' away and let him sleep peacefully

Every second that passed made me think about 'it'. I had a feeling that 'that' actually happened. She did it and I was 100% sure about it.

By the way, where is she? Mom? Who lets their spouse alone with their kids? Probably mom. She must be busy taking care of Aahana or… making out with Mason. Or worse fucking Mason, a part of my head spoke to me.

When I tried to pry dad's hand off the death grip on me, I realized that I was indeed weak and needed to work out and put on a few pounds and change my appearance from a dead rat to how I used to be. Cute and cheerful with butter smooth skin.

Upon Staring at dad's face for around 30 minutes, I found myself getting bored with every passing second and getting hotter too. The warmth vibrating off dad was slowly making me sweat and I knew that I couldn't lie down there for another second.

I tried using all my force to move daddy's hand and then tried waking him up, even though I didn't want to, and then finally I remembered this. When I was small and my parents used to strap me on the baby stroller, I used to wriggle myself out.

Starting with slow wriggles and then lifting dad's hand just a centimeter, and then wiggling off again, I found myself finally out of daddy's grasp. Ha, finally freedom.

After stretching my hands and legs in the Hopes of getting rid of the stiffness, I took a look around the room. I was looking around for a phone. I remember seeing dad's phone at the dining table at home when I went there to grab a few towels.

It means… my only chance of getting my hand at a phone was Aaron and trust me, you do not wanna do that. Especially when he's asleep but I have no other choice. In a hurry, I left my phone charging back at home.

Top towing towards Aaron, I saw his phone peeking out of his pant pocket. Scrub pocket? You know what I mean right, the blue outfit doctors wear, the only difference was that in this hospital doctors wore red while nurses wore blues.

Aaron was sleeping while in a sitting position with his muscular arms crossed and the little snores he let out was just adorable. Standing to the right of him, making sure he was deep asleep, I bent down and slowly pulled the phone out.

Only to get my scrawny arms captured by the hands of… I looked up to see Aaron staring at me with his deathly glare. "What are you doing honey," he asked me, all signs of the fearsomeness vanished.

"Please Aaron, can I take your phone", I asked him using the best puppy face I could make.

"It's may I, and you can", he told me after thinking for a second. Is he mad, thought as I held the sleek and stylish phone in my hand? 'May I' sounds like a kid studying in military school would use. Eww.

Carefully sliding the glass door open, I made my way to the doctor's lounge and pressed in the code 0123 and the door slid open. The only reason they had a code was because of all the documents in the room.

Patient records of the floor and obviously the hi-fi cappuccino machine and the vending machine which sells the most amazing pastries and chicken rolls and not to forget, the plush leather chairs were kept in the insanely slick and span room.

Taking a seat on a chair after buying myself a chicken roll, I tried OPENING Aaron's phone but to no avail. That meant my brother had changed the password. Again.

Getting up, I made my way back to dad's hospital room and with a single look at the very tired Aaron, I decided not to wake him up but to use his fingerprint. Grabbing his middle finger, I placed it on the sensor and CLICK, the phone unlocked.

Making my way back to the louche and pressing the 4 digit code again, I took a seat and decided to read the messages in the family group. I just wanted to see people's reaction to dad's fall.

Just as expected there were a lot of messages. Hope you heal soon. Praying for your quick recovery, etc. There was a message from uncle Caleb saying "just met Andrew at the hospital and also took a quick snap of the little monkey straddling my brother".

Yep, there was an embarrassing photo of me squeezing dad as if my life depended on it. I started plotting a revenge prank when I heard this noise. It was coming from the room where the documents and the IMac sits.

It sounded like a couple were making out and obviously, it was a doctor. Eww. Isn't making out banned in hospitals? Ok, that's crazy.

I took a bite of my roll but leaped up to my feet when the storeroom door opened. Out came veronica, my psychologist. Dad forced me to go to her to talk about… you know what.

The stunning 24-year-old was single the last time I met her but I guess she finally found the love of her life. She came out and let out a gasp when she saw me with a huge grin on my face.

One of The straps of her spaghetti top wasn't in place. Isn't it against the dress code? It was but I could see a blazer on a nearby chair… so I guess that is appropriate for a hospital.

She smiled as I said hi and even gave me a hug and when I asked her who the lucky guy was, she said that it was a doctor named Caleb. Ooo…

I badly wanted to see how this doctor looked and Right when I asked her if I could see him, the same door opened once again and out came… Uncle Caleb.

The dream. Remember?