The Call

Abigail's POV

That night, I had the same old dream. Again! Mom told me that she was murdered. Freaking murdered!

She wasn't.

I so badly wanted to ask dad and Aaron for consent before calling the sheriff but I just couldn't. I knew that it would be a total waste of time and at last, they wouldn't even agree with me.

This morning was like any other day. So tiring and boring. It was  Dad who dropped me off at school today and on the way, he told me that Aaron would come to pick me up in the evening.

He also added that I should
behave. Which was pretty usual. There hasn't been a single day without dad or Aaron and even mom not telling me that before dropping me off. Am I seriously that naughty? Well… maybe.

The entire day at school, all I thought about was the call I was gonna make tonight to the sheriff and what I was gonna tell him. Should I tell him that I have important information? Should I just tell him what I think happened that day?

Finally, after seven hours at school thinking of how my conversation will go, the dispersal bell rang. I was the first one to run out of the class and I didn't even stop when my friends called out to me.

I needed to go home fast and call the sheriff. I want my mom to be in peace. I want to see Brandon face to face and ask 'why the hell did you kill mom'.

You'll get a chance.

I reached the parking lot panting only to find out that Aaron nor his car was present. I even made a quick sweep of the area just in case he parked somewhere else but he just wasn't there.

My friends found me soon enough and we spent some time speaking and cracking jokes until their parents arrived and picked them up.

Very soon the entire lot was empty except for the teachers' cars and maybe 2 or 3 others. I hurriedly called Aaron to ask him if he forgot to pick me up but that guy didn't even pick up the call and my message went straight to voicemail.

As I sat on a bench thinking how long it will take my dumbo brother to come pick me up, I heard footsteps behind me and someone said "hey Abi. What are you doing here all alone? Who's gonna pick you up"

I turned around and came face to face with… Zac. He sort of looked sad but had that huge cheeky grin on his face that makes all the girls fall in love with him. It made me too. The only problem was that I am cute looking and not hot.

Not all people think the same...

I blushed and said, "I am waiting for my brother to pick me up and he's running late. Real late".

Zac chuckled and took a seat next to me. Thankfully the bench was so small and I could literally feel his warmth near me. He also saved me from the cruel sun Ray's of California.

He breathed out dramatically and replied "I- I'm waiting for my dad to come out from the principal's cabin. I am sort of in trouble…".

I swear I didn't know what he was talking about and when I asked him the reason, his reply made me grin so wide in happiness. He taught that bitch, Anna her place.

Zac told "I sort of added purple dye into her sunscreen. Boy, she was such a bitch." Serves her right, I thought as I let out a chuckle.

10 minutes later, there was no sign of Aaron or his dad Kevin, whom I learned was dad's colleague and the same doctor who treated me when I fell down the stairs.

I also learned that we both are pranksters by heart and love the tv series 'Chicago Med' and also are huge fans of the same singers and bands. The Jonas Brothers were our favorites.