Elevator

Aaron’s POV

Somehow the fact that I let Abi down stuck to my heart the lengthy drive back home. It was confirmed that she lost her memory, the lie detector test detected it. But it didn’t help a lot in the case. The police still think that she’s the one who shot Uncle Caleb.

The queer look Abi gave me when I was forcefully taken away from her broke my heart. It was as if she was thinking ‘how can you leave me here, right when I need you desperately’.

What hurt me the most was mom. ‘She tried to kill an infant and her uncle! She’s mad, a psychopath. No way am I gonna go meet her. She is dangerous enough to kill me!’, mo yelled at me when I insisted she go meet Abi and speak to the cops. Instead, mom stayed with Isabella and spoke with the cops on the phone.

It led me to wonder what sort of mom she was. She has definitely changed in the last year. Mom always protected Abi. she was even more overprotective than me. How she left Abi alone in that cell, not even trying to find out the truth made me angry as hell.

One thing’s for sure. My family is messed up! Anyone who doesn’t agree with this, answer me! Does your family have feuds enough to kill each other? DO people hate each other to an extent of almost killing an 11-year-old girl, who I swear has never harmed a person... wantingly.

I also think that people are getting madder day by day.  Especially the cops, which idiot would believe that a kid tried killing two humans? It is impossible for a weak and sick 12-year-old to try to kill two people.

Right now I can get to just one conclusion, Abi was framed! Probably to ruin her life forever as if it already isn't. She’s taking the number of medicines a sickly 60 year old would. Antifungal, Antibiotics, antiviral needs to be taken just for the transplant.

Then there are medicines for her brain injury and antibiotics to prevent any further infections on her scars all over her body. Lastly, she needs to be loaded up with painkillers to help decrease the pain, and it's not even healthy to have that many pills in a day.

But who wants her away from home? And why? What can a child do to spoil someone's life? And why exactly would abi want to take aahana’s life? I never felt that hatred towards abi… well, I did but it went away when she got older but it was not enough to kill a baby.

But then I saw the finger marks on aahana’s neck. It was definitely a kid and… there weren't any kids at home. What if she was forced to? Yeah, it is a possibility. What if someone threatened to kill or hurt her if she didn't kill Aahna. I just don't see any other possible ways.

Mom told me she was home alone when she found aahana gasping but there had to be someone else there. Mason? Maybe but why would he make her do such a hideous thing. What possible reason does he have to hurt a newborn?

I don't have any answers currently but I will have them shortly. See that's the advantage of having a detective girlfriend. On my way home from the hospital uncle Caleb was in, I rang Amanda with dad’s phone. Abi broke my phone for no unknown reason. When I woke up that night in the hospital to find abi, I found my phone in the doctor's lounge, broken.

Abi sure does have a temper because I found a light dent in the wall of the room. Where I suppose she threw the phone when mom told her to come home or something. I must say, that was very immature of her. It left me without a phone.

But… that's the least of my worries right now. I have to go to the hospital, get dad discharged then go clean the mess in our house. The vase which Dad hit his head on was almost Abi's height.

Oo, and I almost forgot, the glass wall which led to the backyard, the one which Abi broke wasn't cleaned off yet… s I guess I have a lot of work to do.

Then I'd have to go-driven back to Nevada to pick up mom. I am also planning on going to Abi. Poor kid, how is she? As far as I know, the institute is so… dull. What if nobody came to speak to her? She'd die of boredom.

Speaking of the institute, I had yet to hear from Adam. I called him up to go speak with Abi and… you know, try to bring back her memory. I am certain that she knows everything about what happened. If only she'd remember.

Whoever did this to her was well prepared. They knew that she'd lose her memory if she got hit hard on her head. If only that little kitten wrote everything up somewhere. In a diary or… just somewhere.

After two hours of driving alone, bored and angry, dad's phone rang. It was from Amanda. I answered the call on the first ring. Just whom I needed to talk to. Her sweet voice and beautiful face is the second thing, after Abi that makes me smile anywhere and everywhere.

'Hi', I said. 'Hey honey, you're on your way back home. Right?', she asked and after a minute of small talk, things began to get more serious.

'Aaron, I know it sounds… bad but I have a feeling that your mom is the culprit. I checked the hospital camera… just because I weed BSA wanted to know when Ani and aunty left the hospital'.

'Well, I found out that Abi, aunty, and Mason got into the elevator together. Uncle Caleb was also present, Aaron. I don't know what happened but it's something big.'

Hey guys,
I guess my writing is getting worse day by day. I am so sorry for not being able to produce good chapters but hopefully, you'll keep reading.

I know things seem boring now but everything I write has a reason and... Although it's not pleasant right now, it would be soon.
I hope all those votes and comments and reads come back up soon.

Please do comment your thought and ideas on this story.

Stay Safe
XOXO