Adam

Abigail's POV

Waking up I was met with two blue orbs. Or maybe they were green. The person's face was masculine with a wary expression but when I opened my mouth to speak, he shushed me.

'Don't make a sound. I am not supposed to be here', he said.

'i'm your brother's friend. He told me to take care of you and... try to bring back your memory. Alright?', he asked. I nodded my head yes.

'See, no one can find out that I was here. It wouldn't end well for you... and me.' 'Okay Abi... um- do you remember what was the last thing you saw before waking up in the police station', he asked me with a pitiful expression on his face.

Argh, what did I see the last? Well after dinner in the restaurant, where I wrecked the hand dryer, we went back home. I was sleepy so... I went to bed. Aaron was out in the backyard with Mitchelle. Dad was on a phone call with his boss and-yeah, mom came in to tell me something about waking up early the next day to drop dad off at the airport.

'I was in my bedroom and mom came inside to tell me something', I answered but I wasn't satisfied with my answer. There was something else that was missing. What is it?! Something didn't look right when mom came in. I remember asking her something about something but... I guess I forgot it now.

'You didn't tell me your name... that's very rude', I told the guy. 'Adam. my name is adam. You might've heard my name before... me and Aaron-', he continued talking but I wasn't listening. I just remembered something.

I remember what happened that night.. 'On the way back home from the restaurant, a car hit our car. The driver's name was adam. He apologized to us and I guess he handed a cheque to dad for the cost of repairs. And-and mom hit her head lightly on the dashboard... and when she came into my room that night, I noticed that there was an injury on her forehead. Her skin was peeling off. But when I asked her that... she said that she wore a lot of makeup to cover a little pimple there and that the layers of makeup were peeling off... stupid. Right?', I asked adam, who was so curiously listening to my tale.

A true tale. It is real but that's the last thing I remember.

'Alright. I'll come back later tomorrow. I better get going.', Adam said before lightly ruffling up my hair, just like Aaron used to' Aah Aaron, I miss him... god knows when I'll see him again. I can live without seeing mom and dad for a while but Aaron, I need him by me all the time.

'I do not work in this block so... I'm supposed to be here. I had to sneak in here and I might not be able to every day so... don't worry if I don't come every day. I promise that we'll find a way to get out of here and prove that you aren't responsible for whatever happened.' Adam said before running out through the metal door, it created a lot of noise.

It's funny how time passes so fast. It's funny how things change so fast. How did I even fall into this mess? Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd be in a mental institute nor did I think that I'd be losing my memory.

It just feels like a long and weird dream and I don't like it a bit. 

HEY GUYS, 

SORRY FOR THE VERY SHORT CHAPTERS AND THE LATE UPDATES BUT... I CAN'T HELP IT. I HAVE ALOT OF SCHOOL WORK TO DO AND I AM CURRENTLY EDITING THE ENTIRE BOOK FOR A FINAL TIMR. YEAH, YOUR AUTHOR GIRL IS PLANNING ON PUBLISHING THIS BOOK. 

YOU KNOW WHAT? I SPENT MORE THAN A WEEK EDITING THE FIRST CHAPTER ALONE!

SO... PLEASE DO COPE UP WITH ME. I WOULD BE UPDATING LESS FREQUENTLY THAN  USED TO DO AND THE CHAPTERS WILL BE SMALL.

IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT, YOU CAN WAIT TILL I COMPLETE THE STORY AND EDIT THE ENTIRE STORY. THAT WAY YOU CAN READ CONTINUOUSLY. 

STAY SAFE 

XOXO