A Look-Alike?

Abigail's POV

Ever had the feeling when you are so close but you still can't reach the destination. In real life, it might be because your car broke down or-or maybe you ran out of gas but me? My reason is that I'm under house arrest for something I didn't do! It's not fair at all.

Aaron called Amanda to tell her that a blondie, the blondie who was in the institution, the one who was keenly observing all of my activities was in his car boot. Before giving us more information, he cut the call saying he'd drive to the hospital with the 'blondie'.

It finally made sense. The blondie, mom, wanted to come back home... so she got into Aaron's car. And all the noises we heard must be her. I guess she wanted us to know that she was there but unfortunately we didn't open the boot.

Things were rather hectic for us-for me. I am more than certain that the lady in our house isn't mom. But the question, who was the lady who died in the accident, remains? Maybe it was indeed Caroline who died and Brandon and the others kept mom hostage somewhere and the lady in our house is just a... dummy. A clone.

It just hit me that Mason worked in the film industry as a makeup artist. Maybe the lady in our house is his friend or his wife... or girlfriend. She could be anyone. He could've easily made a prosthetic face or something like that for her and pay her to act in our house.

No wonder she hates me. I should have known from the beginning! Mom would never cheat on dad. She would never hate me!

I've been waiting for Aaron's call telling me that the lady is mom. I wanna see the surprise on everyone's face when they realize that the lady in our house was an imposter... who tried to kill uncle Caleb and me.

Oh. Wait. aaron's calling me- well Amanda. He's been using my phone as his phone is probably in some garbage chute. He loved his iPhone 24+Max. It's an absolute beauty but I was the one who broke it and my brother, even though he loves me, it doesn't seem as if he's gonna forgive me soon.

He would have to eventually! Probably when mom comes home back. She would definitely persuade him too. I am her favorite! Well... at least I think I am. What if she likes Aahana better. Surely the little infant would give her less trouble than I do... right?

Amanda answered the call instead of me and much to my dismay, she didn't put it on speaker. Walking out of the room and closing the=e door behind her lightly, she left me wondering what the hell was happening. Why all the secrecy?

Anyway, never mind. I'll find out sooner or later.

Back to my thought. Aahana is cuter and requires less attention than I do. Mom would get stressed out taking care of my medicines and-and my diet. Poor mom, she would need a lot of care. Blondie looked so thin. It looked like she was malnourished.

But it doesn't matter. I am ready to take care of my mom. I missed her a lot and it is the least I could do. Imagine the moment when we see each other in the hospital. It would be an a-an beautiful moment. A memory that would stay in my mind forever.

Oh gosh! I have a lot to tell her! And I'm pretty sure she does too.

Ever had that feeling of dread when you did something wrong and your parents threaten to 'spill everything out' before they do something that they'd 'regret? Well, mom was that type of person. She used to trick me into telling the truth by threatening to tell dad or Aaron about my 'behaviour'.

Right now, in a very happy mood, I feel like threatening mom with something and seeing her face fall in horror when I use the same tactic on her. It would be funny or at least I hope so.

I was wondering a while back if there would be some sort of... magical connection when we see each other. Maybe something like what Gru felt he would feel when he meets Dru. You know in despicable me3? That was a damn good movie right. I've seen every movie in that series... 9 amazing movies. Each one is better than the other.

And you know? Mom hates that movie but she still sits by me every time I saw it and there was not a single movie when she said 'Aww. honey, you looked like Agnes. Exactly like her'.

I guess I did when I was younger. Right now... it's a different story. I look like an ugly duckling. To be honest, she looked better than me. At least she doesn't have to wear full-length clothes to cover her scarred skin or apply tonnes of makeup to even cover the bruises on her face lightly buy maybe. Just maybe she had a scarred face beneath the mask she was wearing?

We could get insulted together even though I am not keen on that idea. Aaron told me to give time for the scars to heal and if it left too many markings, I could go under the 'knife' and get it fixed but only when I'm older.

I sat up straight when Amanda came in, lightly knocking on the door. A pitiful expression on her face. Before I let out something, she calmly told me 'DON'T freak out honey but the cops are saying the lady has a face similar to your mother'. Well then, did they expect Nicki Minaj? Its mom! That's why she has a similar face, I wanted to add.

But I didn't.

'Abi, I know what your thinking... she has to be mom but honey, when they spoke to her, it seems as if she doesn't remember anything. The only things she says are Abi and Dreams'.

WHOA! Mom loves me! That's why she remembers me! I love you!

'But the doctors and police and not sure it's your mom. They think she's a look-alike and your mom, at home denies the fact that the blonde is the real Adeline... I'm sorry', she said before squeaking my finger and walking out.

'And Aaron will be home soon', she added. 

HEY GUYS! GUESS WHO'S BACK?

I GUESS I HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR LIKE... 15 DAYS AND I REALLY FELT BAD BUT MY FATE WAS BAD.

I HAVE BEEN DOWN WITH COVID WITH MY FAMILY, STILL AM SO I FIGURED OUT THAT I'D WRITE. I WAS GETTING BORED SITTING IDLE A HOSPITAL ROOM.

SO DAMN EXCITED TO START WRITING. AAAHHH. A LOT OF TWISTS AND TURNS ARE GONNA COME IN THE COMING C HAPTERS. 

ANYWAYS, STAY SAFE GUYS. 

LOVE YOU ALL, XOXO