chapter 5

An hour later, I'm standing outside the hype house wearing sunglasses. The sun is blinding and it's making my head hurt even more, but the pill is working a little. Addison opens the door for me. Embarrassed, I look down. "Hey, I'm sorry..." but Addison pulls me into a giant hug. "I'm sorry I falsely accused you," she says. "What?" I look at her confused. "Come in, I'll tell you upstairs," she pulls me into her room.

"Sorry for what?" I sit down on her bed, still wearing sunglasses "Ondre overheard our phone call earlier and came to me to explain what really happened. You were too drunk to do anything, so he brought you to your room and helped you change..." "he did what?!" I look at her and I freeze. "Yeah, I was looking like that, too. But he just kept ordering you to change all the time, which you did at one point. But you just threw your clothes on the floor." "That explains a lot." I look away ashamed. "When he was about to leave, you said that you couldn't fall asleep alone, so he lay down next to you. By the way, just before you fell asleep you told him that you would kiss him immediately if you hadn't promised me not to do that" "oh no, how embarrassing" I have to laugh. Addison laughs, too. "I'm sorry, Abby. I should've trusted you" she hugs me. "it's okay, I wouldn't have trusted me either" I shrug my shoulders. 

We decide to go to the Santa Monica Pier at noon and Addison is getting ready for it. "I have a quick thing to do. I'll meet you downstairs, okay?" Addison nods and I get out of the room. With quick steps, I walk up to Tony and Ondre's room and knock. Tony opens the door and smiles at me. "Hey, is your brother here?" He nods and steps aside. Ondre's lying on the mattress, looking at me in surprise. "Hey, can we talk in private for a minute?" Ondre nods and gets up. He closes the door behind him. "Hey, how are you?" He smiles at me. I lift up my sunglasses for a second. "Oh, you look great anyway" he smiles. I give him an annoyed look. "So, what do you want to talk to me about?" He leans against the wall. "I just wanted to thank you for setting the record straight about what happened last night in front of Addison" "oh, that goes without saying. She shouldn't be mad at you if you did the right thing. You really don't remember anything?" I shake my head a little bit ashamed, but Ondre just laughs. "That guy got you drunk pretty good." I sigh. "Yeah, Liam... thanks for saving me from that." Ondre laughs again. "I promised Addison. Just like you promised her you wouldn't play with anyone from the house... you told me yesterday. Otherwise you would have kissed me yesterday, that's what you meant anyway" in the meantime I have hidden my face behind my hands, that's how embarrassing it all is. "I'm so sorry. God, what do you think of me now?" I sigh. "It's okay. It was very amusing. You're harder to get into bed than my nephew, by the way" I have to laugh. "I'm really so sorry." "Oh, well, it's not that bad."

Relaxed, I walk down the pier with Addison. "Where the hell were you before?" Addison smiles at me from the side. "I went to Ondre and apologized and thanked him for setting it right" Addison nods understandably. "Next time you come out to party, this won't happen again." I smile at Addison. "Would you even want to kiss me when I walk you into the room?" Addison laughs and I punch her in the upper arm. "You're mean. And it's not like we've even kissed before." I laugh, too. "That was at high school parties. That doesn't count. Plus, we were drunk and both in relationships." "So what girl hasn't made out with her best friend?" I gotta laugh again. "But now back to last night. If drunk always tells the truth... would you really make out with Ondre?" I stop for a moment, because I've been thinking about that question a lot today. "I mean Ondre is attractive and I like him..." "So, yes?" "I promised you I wouldn't play, so no" "And if it wasn't the rule?" I'm sighing. "I don't know, Addison."

Love youuu❤️