chapter 15

||Ondres POV
"Wow, that was really everything" Abby smiles. "Not everything" I stop, which makes Abby stop, too. I summon all my courage. "Abby, we need to talk about what's going on between us." Abby looks away. "I mean, I really like you. You're a great girl and I just can't get you out of my head". Relieved that I finally said it, I sigh. Abby mumbles something. "What are you saying?" Sighing, she turns to me again. "It's the same for me," she says quietly, looking me straight in the eye. I can't take my eyes off her, and she keeps staring at my eyes, too. Slowly I go closer to her, but suddenly she pushes me away. "We shouldn't do this, it's better this way" she walks a few steps away. "Why not, Abby? Because of that damn promise you made to Addison, okay! But you promised her you wouldn't play, and you're not playing with me, Abby I know that" "it's not about the damn promise, Ondre. It's not about the fucking promise" she turns away "Then explain it to me Why can't it be?" I sigh. "Because I'm going back to Lafayette on Saturday! I'm going back home. And I don't wanna break your heart 'cause I gotta go" she turns back to me. "I don't give a shit if you break my heart, Abby. I just want this..." with quick steps I walk towards her, take her head in my hands and press my lips against hers.

as we end the kiss, I have to get back to reality first. "Wow" Abby looks at me speechlessly before suddenly putting her lips back on mine. Her lips are softer than they look. I move my hands to her back and pull her closer to me while she places her hand on my chest.

We walk a little further before we sit down in the sand. Abby snuggles up against me and I put my arm around her. "What are you gonna do when you get back to Lafayette?" I kiss her on the forehead. She sighs. "I don't know. Maybe I'll start somewhere and work or go to college after the summer... either way I'm gonna move out of my mama's house... but I don't want to think about leaving all this. I want to enjoy the moment with you" I nod. "I understand. I'm only asking because... ...have you ever thought about moving here?" She sits up and looks at me surprised. "To LA?" "Yeah, I mean, why not? Your best friend is here and..." "...and you're here. It would be cool, but where am I gonna live? I can't afford my own apartment" she smiles at me "I'm sure Tayler would take you in! He raved about your pancakes today and was totally impressed that you did their laundry" I have to smile as Abby laughs. Suddenly, she gets serious again. "I don't know" she sighs. "Think about it, okay?" She nods.

||Abbys POV
"Thanks for the date" we're at Tayler's door. " Do we call it a date now?" Ondre smiles at me."I think we can" I pull him to me and give him a kiss on the lips  A twitch shoots through my body and I automatically have to smile as we break away. "I'll see you tomorrow. Good night" I turn to the door. "Abby, wait" I turn back to Ondre "One more" he puts his lips back on mine. I have to smile. "Good night. Sleep tight" he smiles at me before I get inside the house.

Although I try to get into the apartment as quietly as possible, Tayler and Kelianne are standing behind me as soon as I get inside. "And how was the meeting with Ondre?" Tayler smiles at me. I roll my eyes with laughter. "It was a date," "I knew it." Kelianne smiles contentedly. "How was the date?" Tayler won't let up. "Good, it's great how you raved about my pancakes, by the way" I smile at Tayler before heading back to my room. "That's all you're gonna tell us? That Ondre tells you about Tayler's raving" Kelianne seems a little disappointed. I shrug my shoulders and slip into my room. Sighing, I let myself fall on the bed. How lovely the evening was...

Love youuuu❤️