chapter 32

While the boys keep making their way through people, I try to chase them down disappointed, but after a while I lose them. A little pissed off I stand up against the wall and watch the people. A girl stands beside me. "Are you new here?" She looks at me. "I'm here with Ondre and Tony" she nods. "Did they leave you here?" I give her a pejorative look."I don't think that's any of your business," I bitch at her, then I push back into the crowd.

"Here you are" Ondre comes from the side "Shall we dance?" I nod, though I don't feel like it, but I don't want to play the bitch either. Ondre smiles at me and takes my hand while we move to the music. We dance for half an hour before I stop to go to the bathroom. When I come back, I see Ondre on the dance floor talking to the girl from before. I push myself through to them and take Ondre's hand in mine. "Here I am again" I smile at him and give him a kiss on the cheek. He gives me a confused look before turning back to the girl.

"This is Abby. She's from Lafayette" Ondre introduces me. I roll my eyes, thanks for that... "and this is Maia, she danced with Tony and me" Maia smiles at me exaggeratedly. "Hey, nice to meet you" I smile back.

"Girls, I am sorry, but I have a gig in a minute" he looks at Maia and me apologizing and then goes. "More expected?" Maia smiles gloatingly at me. I roll my eyes. In the moment David comes and pulls me along. "I have to film the boys" he explains and sets up a camera. The music starts and I see Ondre and Tony dancing in the middle of the crowd. The audience around them cheers them on. I stand near the camera and watch the boys smiling.

After the performance the boys are besieged by the crowd and so I retreat and get something to drink. Some time passes and Ondre doesn't show up. when I look for him, I am disappointed to find that he is on the dance floor with Maia. I roll my eyes and go back to the wall. I don't feel like being here anymore. Sighing I go towards the exit, but I am intercepted by David. "Do you want to leave?" I shrug my shoulders."Come, I'll dance with you" I am about to say something back as David pulls me onto the dance floor.

I dance with David for a while, when Ondre comes in from the side. "Can I take over?" He smiles at David and me, and David moves off immediately. I turn away and dance with my back to Ondre, who seems to misinterpret the clues and puts his arms around me from behind. We dance close together for a while before Ondre lets me go. "I have to talk to somebody, okay?" Before I can answer, he's gone. Annoyed, I go back to the beverage counter.

"Well, did you get dumped again?" I roll my eyes and turn to Maia. "What is your problem with me?" I snap at her. "I just don't like new people, especially a bitch." She shrugs. "Did you just call me a bitch?" I boil on the inside.She nods."Listen, bitch, I don't belong here, I know that, and I honestly don't want to be here, but I do it for Ondre.  So leave me the fuck alone" "oh, yeah, and if I don't?" She steps right in front of me. "You'll see" she laughs. "I'm not afraid of you" "Oh yeah, then have the guts to keep bugging me"

"Girls, quiet." Tony and David are coming between us. "Do not interfere. This bitch is messing up my evening" I try to push Tony away but he grabs me and pulls me away. "Let go of me" I hit him. We stop in the next room.

I let myself slide down on the wall onto the floor. "You okay?" Tony sits down next to me. "I wanna get out of here" I sigh. "You want me to call you an UBER?" He puts his hand on my knee. I nod. "All right. I'll call you one, then I'll tell Ondre." I shake my head. "Only tell him when I'm gone that I'm just not well, but not to worry" he nods. "Okay"

Ten minutes later, Tony takes me out to the car. "Thanks" I smile at him. "You're welcome" he closes the door and the Uber drives off. When I get to the house, I open the door with Tony's key he gave me, but the light is still on in the living room.

Maria is sitting on the couch. "You're back already?" She looks surprised when I come into the living room. "Just me. The boys are still here." "Why is that? Did you have a fight?" I shake my head. "I'm just tired" Maria nods and wishes me good night

Love youu ❤️