chapter 75

I sit up. "What?" Addison sits up on the bed next to me. "I worked on it all noon and looked for clues in the pictures" she hands me her cell phone, which shows the chat history. "I've read this often enough" I want to give Addison back her cell phone, but she stops me. "Look at the date the chat was apparently written" I sigh, but do what Addison says. "April 6, so what? That only proves that we were really together officially at that time" Addison groans. "Do you even want it not to be Abby?" "Of course." "Well, then don't play dumb. Where were you two on April 6?" "At her father's house, the trip she gave me for my birthday" "Yeah, so?" Suddenly I understand everything and my eyes grow big. "Shit, I'm such an idiot!"

"Did she answer?" Addison walks back and forth nervously around the room. I shake my head. For the hundredth time I read the message I sent to Abby. "I need to talk to you! Tomorrow at 6:00 at the bar?" Addison sighs. "It'll all work out" I nod. "I have to go home. Can I leave you alone?" I nod again. "Okay, text me if anything changes" Addison picks up her bag and walks out of the room. "Addison..." she's already at the door, but she turns around again. "Thank you... for believing in Abby. Without you I would have blamed her forever" Addison smiles slightly. "Now everything just needs to go well" her expression gets worried before she closes the door.

Nervously I sit the next evening at 6 o'clock at a table in the bar where Abby and I have been so often. It is small and cute and has something romantic about it. Abby still hasn't answered my message, so I'm not even sure if she will come. I order a coke and look at the clock. Meanwhile it is quarter past. I sigh and look at the entrance.

Just as I am about to give up, the door suddenly opens and Abby enters the bar. She looks around and when she discovers me, she smiles for a moment before her look becomes sad. She runs to my table. "Hey" she almost whispers. "Hey, thanks for coming. Sit down" I point to the chair opposite me. She smiles for a moment before she sits down.

"Ondre, I..." I interrupt her by raising my hand "Please, let me speak first" she raises her gaze and nods "I'm sorry I yelled at you like that. I went crazy when I read this, but I was totally wrong about you. You didn't do anything, I know that now and I'm so sorry that I thought you were just pretending. I was an idiot and Addison proved you were innocent" "how?" "The date. Apparently the chat conversations took place on April 6th" "we were at my dad's house" I nod. "We didn't have our cell phones, so you couldn't have texted him." Abby nods. "I couldn't have done that" she lowers her eyes again and I hear her sobbing softly. "Abby, I'm sorry" I reach for her hands across the table. "Can you forgive me?"

She nods and pulls her hands back to wipe the tears from her face. "Of course I forgive you..." "but?" She takes a deep breath. "You don't trust me, Ondre" she looks me straight in the eye. I nod. "I know... I'm sorry" "a relationship without trust can't work. We just hurt each other all the time and I can't stand that" "neither can I. But losing you would hurt me too" "I'd rather have one big pain than lots of little ones" I just nod silently.Why does this feel like the end? "I'm sorry" Abby gets up and turns away to leave. "Abby..." she turns to me. "Remember, you're the one who is leaving" she swallows and nods. "And you're the one who's not stopping me" she turns and walks away. As if hit by a blow, I fall back into the chair. My heart contracts and I feel like screaming.

Thxx for 64k reads

So I decided to write a third story and after the third story I will write the sequel to 'Different World'. Now I want to ask if there are some people who want to help me for things like the cover for the new story, namens of characters or stuff like that. just write me and I maybe will create an Insta group chat.

LOVE YOUUUU ❤️