chapter 50

I'm still not quite back to reality when I park in front of the Hype House. I stagger up the stairs to the door. Alex opens the door for me. "You look beat! Are you all right?" I nod while Alex looks at me worried. "Ondre's in the pool" I smile gratefully at Alex. "I'm going to Addison's for a little while and then I'm going to his place later" Alex nods and I walk up the stairs.

I knock on Addison's door and enter after " come in." Addison looks up from her bed and stares at me in shock. "What's wrong, Abby? You look like hell" she jumps up and rushes to me while I close the door. "Adam's here" is all I can bring out, while Addison leads me to the bed and I fall on it like a sack of potatoes. "What?" She gives me a shocked look. "Adam's here! My ex is in L.A." I sigh. "How the hell do you know that?" "He was at the door" "At the apartment door?" I nod and bury my face in my hands. "He got the address from my mother after he wanted to visit me in Lafayette and I had already left" "what's he doing here?" Addison begins to comfortingly caress my arm.

"He wanted to talk" "and what did you do?" I sigh again. "We went for coffee and talked" "does Ondre know?" I shake my head. "I told him I had a job interview. Oh, God, if he knew that." "Lying is never good, Abby. But what did Adam tell you about?" "That he can't get over me and he's sure that we'll get back together in the future because that's our fate. At the latest when I get back to Lafayette" "and what did you say? That you're never comin' back to Lafayette and he can forget all about it 'cause you're with Ondre?"  I sigh and shake my head. "That's the trouble with me. I couldn't tell him that I'm with Ondre" "he don't know you got a new boyfriend?" I shake my head. "Why?" "I couldn't do it! I just couldn't do it" I moan. "Abby, you've got to talk to Ondre about this or you'll be in real trouble" I sigh. "I know, I'll do it"

As I walk down the stairs to the pool, I think about how I can best tell Ondre. "Hey baby, I met with my ex today, he's not over me yet and oh yeah, I couldn't tell him I'm with you" no, it's best to do it slowly and gently.

But when Ondre discovers me, he starts grinning sweetly and comes to me. "Hey babe, how was the interview?" He kisses me. I swallow. "Fine, but nothing for me" I shrug my shoulders and try to ignore the guilty conscience.

It's been three days since Adam showed up and I still haven't managed to tell Ondre. It is Wednesday, meaning Adam will leave in two days and I can breathe easy again. My thoughts revolve around my meeting with him all the time. Somehow it was strange, but still he gave me the feeling of security that he had always radiated before.

I'm at Ondre's for lunch and we're together on the terrace. "l'm going to change and cool off a bit in the pool. Want to come?" Ondre smiles at me. I shake my head. "I'd rather sunbathe here" he nods and goes inside.

Suddenly Addison storms out the door and gives me a stressed look. "He's here, Abby. He wants to see you" my eyes get big. "Adam?" Addison nods. "Shit, how did he know I was here?" "Probably from my Instagram story I posted earlier about the two of us." "Fuck, run him out, Addison, I don't want Ondre to know he's here." "Who's here?" Shocked, I turn around. Ondre's standing behind me in a bathing suit, arms across his chest. "Ondre..."

"Abby, who's at the door?" I look away in silence. "Abby, say it or I'll go look myself" he gets louder. Addison sighs. "Adam" "Adam, your ex?" "Yes, her ex," I still can't talk. "What is your ex doing at our door, Abby?" Ondre's angry. "Damn it, Abigail, you didn't tell him?" Addison moans. "She didn't tell me what?" I sigh. "Addison, make Adam leave." Addison nods and leaves. I swallow and look at Ondre. "There's something I need to tell you..." I say softly.

Love youuuuu❤️