chapter 43

Later we sit on the terrace and watch the sunset. "Do you feel like doing something tomorrow noon? I mean, because I can't tomorrow morning" Ondre twists a strand of my hair while I'm sitting on his lap. "I promised Addison I'd accompany her to the Sway House tomorrow. I'm sorry" Ondre looks at me in a surprised look. "First you throw back at Nick, and now you're going to see the Sway Boys? Should I be worried?" I give him a serious look. But Ondre is smiling. "I was only joking. The boys are correct. Ouch" I slap his upper arm. "Don't ever pull that jealousy crap on me again" I roll my eyes. "Addison, your girlfriend is violent" Ondre yells. "You certainly deserve it" Addison calls back. "Stupid cow... Ouch. Who's that for?" I hit him again. "Don't call my best friend that" "all right. Sisters befor Misters or what?" I nod.

My phone's beeping. "Tayler's texting whether I'm coming home at all or moving out tomorrow. I think I should go home." I get up after reading the message and stretch. I say goodbye to Addison and the others and Ondre takes me to the door. "Will you come by here after you visit the Sway House?You can sleep here if you want" I nod.  " I would like that" Ondre smiles, too. "Well, I'll see you tomorrow night sometime" "I'm looking forward to it" "Good night. And say hello to Tayler" Ondre smiles at me and kisses me goodbye.

"There you are" Tayler smiles at me when I get home. "Sorry, I spent the evening with my best friend and my boyfriend. By the way, greetings from Ondre" I grin. "Yeah, all right. And thanks. Just wanted to know if you were coming home" he shrugs. "Today I do, tomorrow I don't" "So much planned tomorrow?" I nod. "Well, you better get some sleep, good night" I say good night to everyone and go to my room.

When I look at my phone, I see that Christian has been texting me. "Mom wants to send you some more things you've forgotten. Can you give me your address?" Since I left lafayette, this is the first text I've had from my brother. All this time, I've been trying to put Lafayette out of my mind, but the message reopens the wounds. I quickly write my address and get ready for bed. Luckily the day was exhausting today and so I can still sleep.

The next morning I have breakfast together with Kelianne and shoot some TikToks with her afterwards. Afterwards I pack my things for sleeping and dancing and drive to the house to pick up Addison. "Between the dancing and our visit, we'll go home for a little while, won't we?" I nod. "Good, 'cause I gotta change then." She gets in the car and we drive to the studio.

We put on our gym clothes and we warm up. For the first half hour we go through the dance steps of yesterday's choreo before we decide to repeat some FlickFlacks and choreos of the cheerleaders we had back in high school. They work out pretty well and so we decide to film. Addison puts the video on TikTok. "What do you say if we do what we used to do?" "You mean, feel the music?" Addison nods. "You go first."

Feel the music was a thing that Addison and I used to do in her garden when we were bored. One of us would pick a song that the other one would listen to with his eyes closed. Afterwards the song was played again and you were supposed to dance what you felt with your eyes closed.

I close my eyes and Addison starts the song. It's a quiet, almost sad song. I see my mother, my brothers, my father and Lafayette in front of me. When the song is finished and I open my eyes again, I feel sadness and guilty. "Ready?" Addison smiles at me. I nod and Addison lets the song play again. I dance my feelings off my chest.

"Wow, Abby, that was... incredible" Addison looks at me in surprise. "Thanks, it just came out of me." Addison comes up to me and hugs me. "Talk to somebody about it, okay? It doesn't have to be me, but just talk, you understand me?" I nod and bite my tongue so I don't cry. "It's your turn" I can barely get it out. I find a song and I play it to Addison.

Thxx for 20k reads
Love youuu❤️