chapter 82

When we also ate the main course, the guests spread out in the penthouse apartment. Christian, Abby and I sit down on one of the sofas. "What do you say we leave and I show you the city instead?" Abby puts her head on my shoulder. "Take me with you, please. I can't stand it without you" Christian sounds pleading. "Why don't we wait for dessert and then we can go, okay?" I smile at them both. "Okay" Abby seems a little desperate. I pull her towards me and give her a kiss on the forehead.

Suddenly, someone clears their throat. Frank is standing in front of us with Kate, who is smiling excessively. "Abigail, Christian. This is my fiancée Kate" While Abby's facial features change from desperate to completely unfeeling, Kate starts giggling like stupid at the word "fiancée". Christian also gives her a questionable look. "It is so nice to finally meet you. Your father talked about you so often" Abby doesn't move a bit when Kate tries to hug her. Christian, on the other hand, bends over at least a little. Frank also introduces me, so I get a hug too.

"I introduce Kate to the rest of the family. Abigail, can you take care of Hannah, her niece, a little while? She should feel welcome here after all" Frank smiles at his daughter who, however, is pulling a sinister mine. "No, because first of all, Simon is doing quite well..." they all turn to Hannah and Simon, who are standing in a corner and apparently talking very well to each other. "...secondly, I have no intention of choking on a cloud of perfume today..." "Abigail" she gets a punishing look from her father, while I try to keep a smile off my face "...and third, we were actually just leaving. I want to show Ondre the city" she gets up jerkily and pulls me up with her. She throws her father a last fake smile, looks at Kate from top to bottom with a dark mine and then pulls me behind her towards the elevator. "Wait, I'm coming with you" just before the doors close, Christian jumps into the elevator.

||Abbys POV:
We get into Christian's car and briefly consider where we are going. We decide to go to our high school first and park in front of it a short time later. As usual the door is open and so Christian and I show Ondre the classrooms, the common room, the cafeteria and afterwards all the sports facilities. Afterwards we stop for a while in front of the trophy showcase and Ondre looks at the picture of my first national victory with the cheerleaders.

When we showed Ondre the most important places of the city, we decided to go to the diner, where we young people mostly met after school.  We sit down at a table and order food.

"Simon wrote me that our behavior towards Dad and Kate was impossible" Christian looks up from his cell phone and smiles at us. "She is a strange woman" I shake my head and sigh. "I will not make friends with her either" Christian laughs. "Me neither. But we should at least pretend to be happy for Dad tomorrow. I don't want to spend years listening to someone saying that I ruined his wedding" I roll my eyes. "Oh come on, I bet they'll be separated in a year or so" Christian is still laughing.

When our meal comes, Ondre and I talk a bit about our time in LA and answer the questions Christian asks us. "Tell me, why do you want to know so much about LA?" Ondre grins as he reaches for a fry. Christian nervously scratches the back of his head. "I may be planning to apply to UCLA and come to La to join you" I stare at my little brother in amazement. "You want to leave Lafayette?" He nods. "It's so boring without you and Simon. I want a bit of action again and at least my sister around me" I have to smile. "You are welcome to come. Your sister, my brother and I are going to move in together soon anyway. We can keep a room free for you if you really want to" Ondre smiles at Christian. "would you do that?" Ondre nods. "that would be crazy"

After we have paid, we walk back into the car. "What do you think about sleeping over at the AirBnB tonight?" I smile at my brother. "Then we can go to the wedding together tomorrow at noon. You'd just have to sleep on the couch," I add. "I'd love to. But then I want to get a few things and my suit for tomorrow" I nod.

Shortly afterwards we are standing in front of the house where I grew up. Clear sweat runs down my back as I think about what happened the last time I was here. My escape to LA.While Christian gets out of the car and assures me that he is hurrying, Ondre, who is sitting with me in the back seat, takes my hand in his. "It's ok if it doesn't leave you untouched" he squeezes my hand and makes me look at him. "It's ok" with his free hand he strokes a loose strand behind my ear. I nod and lay my head on his shoulder sighing.

Thxx for 71k reads
Love youuuu❤️