chapter 59

As we agreed, I'm going to Ondre's at noon. I change in his room and meet the others by the pool. Ondre comes right over and kisses me. "How was the talk with your father?" I sigh. "It turns out I only have his business number and my brother thinks I'm exaggerating" Ondre gives me a pitiful look. "I'm sorry about that." "It's okay. I don't need the family. After all, I've got all of you." I look at Ryland and Nick smiling as they fight in the pool.

Ondre sighs and takes me in his arms before he puts a kiss on my hair. "That's sweet, but I know you don't want to lose your brothers" I audibly swallow and press Ondre firmly against me. "You're right" I sigh.

As a distraction, we go into the water and Ondre puts me on his shoulders before we fight against Ryland with Nick on his shoulders. I laughingly throw Nick down, but he grabs me and pulls me into the water. When I dive out of the water, I see Alex and Thomas standing next to the pool with their cameras and filming everything. " I want a rematch," Nick climbs on Ryland's shoulders again. I grin and nod before I get on Ondre's shoulders.

In a good mood the four of us lie on the trampoline later and sunbathe while we chat about everything possible. Suddenly, my cell phone rings. "Unknown number. I'll get it" I say to the others and jump off the trampoline before I take the call.

"Abby Sanders, who is this?" "Abigail, it's your father" oh, apparently he's calling me from his private phone. What an honor! "Hello, what do you want?" My mood just went down to zero. "Simon told me about the phone call and I'm really sorry you're not coming to my wedding" "Really? You wouldn't be interested in me otherwise. You left me with Mum, only called once and didn't even call me to ask how I was doing when I fled to LA. But to come to your wedding, I'm good enough again?" My father sighs. "Honey,listen,I know it hasn't been easy for you lately..." "Not easy? My life's been hell! All this time I thought you were doing the splits for us kids, when all you did was cheat on mom! You abandoned me even though you knew I couldn't stand it with Mom! And then I find out through Sheri and Monty that you got engaged?"

"I'm really sorry, Abigail. In hindsight, I wish I'd done it differently, but I don't want that to come between us. And yes, it wasn't fair to leave you with your mother, but I knew you could do it! You've always been a strong person" "I couldn't have done it alone, Dad. If Addison and Ondre hadn't been there, I would've been broken." Tears come to my eyes. "Ondre?" "My boyfriend" "you have a boyfriend?" "Oh, I'm sorry. Should I have mentioned him at the time we got engaged?" My father sighs. "How about you bring him to the wedding? Then I can meet him and you can meet Kate." I sigh. "I'm not coming and I don't want to meet Kate. I'm doing quite well in life without my family" I hang up and try to breathe calmly again.

Since I can't go back to the others right now, my feelings inside me are going so crazy that I feel sick, I decide to sit on the slope until I calm down. I sit there for a while, but nothing changes. Sighing, I get up and play a song. I close my eyes and just start to move.

When the song is finished, I open my eyes. It really helped. I feel better. "If I interpret your dance correctly, your phone call wasn't so pleasant" I startled when I heard Ondre's voice. He's standing at the top of the hill, looking at me sweetly. I shake my head and sit down again. He comes down and lets himself fall beside me before he puts his arm around me and pulls me towards him.

"Who was it?" He kisses me on the forehead. I sigh. "my dad" "oh, what did he want?" "he apologized and wants you to come with me to the wedding. He really thinks I'm coming." I shake my head, laughing. "Why not, babe? I'd love to go with you" Ondre smiles at me. "Because I don't see myself going to a wedding that caused my parents to split up"

Thxx for 34k reads
Love youuuu ❤️❤️