chapter 7

"Well, was it good?" Tony smiles at us. It's only then that I realize I accidentally took Ondre's hand again. "Never again" I smile.  "Are we still going to the shop?" Addison jumps up and runs in front. Only when we get to the store do I let go of Ondre's hand, smile at him briefly, and run after Addison. "well, what was that all about?" Addison smiles at me as we look at various Mickey Mouse ears. "What do you mean?" I pick up a couple. "Well, the holding hands" "oh, that was nothing. I was scared and he held my hand" "and your fear just stopped right there?" Addison smiles at me and puts on ears. "maybe" I shrug my shoulders. "Abby, don't get me wrong, I told you not to play with anyone from the house, but somehow I get the feeling that there's something between you and Ondre that's not playing, am I right?" "I don't know, he's a great guy and he's fun to spend time with..." my phone beeps and cuts me off. I get my phone out of my pocket and read the message.

"Abby, what's wrong? You look so shocked" Addison puts her hand on my shoulder with concern. I put my phone in my pocket. "That was my brother. My parents have their date for the divorce" I swallow. "Oh, Abby, I'm so sorry." Addison hugs me. "That's OK. It's better this way" I smile at her and I pick up a pair of ears again. "I think I'm gonna buy those. What do you think of them?" I put them on. "They suit you. I'm gonna buy those." Addison's gonna get a pair, too. We pay for them and walk back in with the others.

As we walk through the rest of the park, I notice I keep looking at Ondre. Is Addison right? Is there really something real going on between Ondre and me? Every once in a while, Ondre's eyes meet mine and I look away real fast. We don't leave the park until evening and on the way to the car, Ondre puts his arm around me. "Well, how was the surprise trip?" He smiles at me sweetly. I automatically have to smile too. "It was great, well, I could have done without the tower" he laughs. "The tower was my highlight" he winks at me as we arrive at the car, he takes his arm off me and we all get into the car

The others persuade me to come with them, although I just want to go to bed. The fact that my parents' date is now fixed is more upsetting than I thought. We order something to eat and eat it with pleasure while we look at the pictures we took in the park today. I decide to post one of Addison and me and one of all of us. In the picture, I'm on Ondre's back and Addison's on Tony's while Larray is standing between the boys. I mark them all and write "Every minute spent in your company becomes the new best moment of my life" underneath. "Will you be poetic now?" Addison laughs when she sees my post. "It's from Bolt, Disney movie, I thought it would fit," I shrug my shoulders laughing. "I think it's beautiful." Ondre smiles at me. "Thanks" I smile back and get a brow wiggle from Addison, which I comment with twisted eyes.

Since Addison is needed for TikToks, I sneak out on the terrace and sit on the steps to the pool. It's nice to have some time to yourself. I drive my hands through my face and sigh. "Hey..." I startled up, when suddenly Ondre appears out of nowhere. "I thought you'd already left", he smiles at me. "No, I was gonna wait until Addison was done and then leave." "What are you doing out here?" "I needed a few minutes to myself. You never get any peace in there" I sigh. "Should I go?" I shake my head and slide a little to one side so Ondre can sit down. He understands my sign and falls down beside me.

"Addison told me earlier that your parents have their divorce date. I'm really sorry about that, Abby," Ondre broke the silence that prevailed. "Oh, don't be. It's for the best" "my parents have been divorced since I was sixteen, too. I know how hard that can be" he puts his arm around me "oh, I'm sorry for you but i don't have a good relationship with my mother, that's why i was in favor of a divorce a long time ago" i swallow "why?" I'm just about to start when Ondre interrupts me again. "You don't have to tell me, just if you want." I smile at him. "It's okay, it's no secret." "I just don't want to push you."

"So I have two brothers, Simon is four years older than me and Christian is three years younger. I am the typical middle. Christian is the baby of the family and my mother's favourite child, which she often lets us feel. I had a wonderful childhood, no question, but not at home, but rather with Addison's family. Sheri and Monty always took me on family outings and I often spent the after-school lunches with Addison. At home, all I had to do was listen to how great my little brother was and what a disappointment I was" I sighed, "What about your dad and your big brother?" "My dad has his own business and he's never really home. Even though he wasn't around much, I always preferred him to my mother. Simon is my dad's pride and joy, so when Mum took him down, Dad built him up again. Well, and I had Addison. My trip to Chile was more of an escape from home than a trip.I couldn't have lasted much longer" I bite my tongue to keep from crying.  I don't want Ondre to see me crying under any circumstances. He strokes my arm. "That means your dad and your big brother and your mom and your little brother are allies, and you're standing in the middle without protection?" I nod. "That's how you can sum it up. My dad just never realized how unfairly my mom treats us kids. When I fled to Chile, it must have opened his eyes, because three weeks later I got the news that they had broken up." "The divorce is still taking you, isn't it?" I nod and put my head on Ondre's shoulder, sighing. "My mother always wanted perfection. No matter what I did, if it wasn't perfect, she was disappointed. My whole childhood was not about having fun, but about perfection and winning. Our family radiated perfection to the outside world. Successful businessman, three well-behaved children and the happy housewife.We were envied by many, and even though everything was played, one thing never had to be played.  The good relationship with my brothers. I am afraid that divorce will destroy that" single tears run down my face and I am glad that Ondre can't see them in the darkness."I don't know your brothers, but if you are only half as important to them as they are to you, then nothing will come between you" he presses my arm comfortingly.

Thxx for 400 reads
Love youuuu❤️